Community > Posts By > MusicStarlight

no photo
Thu 09/15/16 09:27 PM
I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say to keep verses in context as a whole. Did I not? Please point it out.

Colossians 1

19: For God in all His fullness was pleased to live in Christ,

20: and by Him [Jesus] God [the Father] reconciled everything to Himself. He made peace with everything in heaven and on earth by means of His blood on the cross

In John 8:29 Jesus says

He who sent Me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what pleases Him.

I agree that Jesus did come in the form of a servant, but also notice the parable of the wicked tenants that Jesus spoke in Matthew 21:33-37. The son was the representative; delegated with all authority of the actual owner.

Jesus said that there is none good except for God (Mark 10:18). Knowing that the Father is good, He wants the best for His son. Since His Son always does what pleases Him, He trusts Him with everything. If you have children, wouldn't you want the world to receive them gracefully? We were designed with His likeness. He was the pattern for our design.

But to drive home your point...

Psalm 100:3.

Know that the Lord is God. It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.

So to sum it up, my point is that the Father is actually God and Jesus is His Son, however, they are both equal because the Father desires it. Father, Son, Holy Spirit are three that function as one. The good loving Father wanted something for His only begotten Son so had Him create everything for Himself. Jesus did everything according to the Father's good pleasure and in the end, (I Corinthians 15) He will give it to the Father. So Jesus did make us and the whole world (Psalm 24:1) and the Father sent Jesus to earth to be a raised by a carpenter, who also makes things. :)

no photo
Mon 09/12/16 11:50 PM
I have a differing opinion also supported by logos (the written word). Since you can't really argue with "black and white", I will keep it along the same lines as CowboyGH for the first half of my argument.

Luke 16:22 (Lazarus and the rich man):
The time came when the beggar (Lazarus) died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was tormented, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

Matthew 17:3 (Jesus Transfigured):
Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

I do believe that Revelation 20:13 will take place in the end.

Since God is still speaking, working, and performing wonders, I will advise you to listen to the messages of Kat Kerr on youtube. Kat Kerr also points out that our God is a God that can put bodies back together (cremation) and bring dead bodies back to life in order for His will to be accomplished. The two witnesses in the end are proof of that (Revelation 11).

I have read a few works by Annah Roundtree, as well as listened to Kat Kerr to get an idea of what Heaven is like.

no photo
Mon 08/29/16 05:38 PM
I just read your other post. I remember reading a book about unforgiveable sins. I think everyone has one and it is the demise of some relationships. Anyway, the book describes forgiveness in a 4 step process. I think grieving follows the same process.

1) Denial
2) More commonly for men - Anger, more commonly for women - Hurt
3) More commonly for men - Hurt, more commonly for women - Anger
4) Acceptance

The book points out that even God has an unforgiveable sin. The book also stated that from the time that Adam and Eve were kicked out of the Garden of Eden until the time of the cross, was God's 4 step process. Sometimes healing and moving on can take a while. It all depends on how traumatic the event. Trauma just means that something happened that you weren't prepared or equipped to handle.

Not saying that the book is the Gospel or the end-all-be-all, but it shed light on some things for me.

Have a blessed one.

no photo
Mon 08/29/16 05:25 PM
So sorry to hear that your heart was broken. They went out from us, but they did not belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us. But their departure made it clear that none of them belonged to us - 1 John 2:19. Some people come for a reason, some come for a season, and some for a lifetime. We have to seek God's guidance on who is there for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. You have the right optimistic mentality, though. Keep the faith for the revelation of what you are believing is for an appointed time. Though it lingers, wait for it for it will surely come and will not delay - Habakkuk 2:3.

no photo
Mon 08/29/16 05:01 PM
Edited by MusicStarlight on Mon 08/29/16 05:02 PM
I know what you mean. I was taught under similar doctrine until I started studying for myself. I Corinthians 15:24 brought me out of that doctrine. Impossible to hand something over to yourself. I think the scripture would have said that He would keep or maintain it if it was just Jesus. Instead, I have come to learn that Jesus, whether in Heaven or on earth, acts out the Father's thoughts/wishes. The Father wanted it to be and Jesus made it be, and without Him [Jesus] there was nothing made that was made. Then you can read down to 27 where it talks about the Father placing all things under Jesus except for Himself [God, the Father]. Verse 28 can be included because it talks about both of them. If you have read further in the New Testament, these passages give light to Colossians 1:19-20.