Community > Posts By > slingwing69

slingwing69's photo
Mon 09/21/09 08:00 PM
First let me say everyones entitled to a opinion.

I would like to explain some things to people because not all separated men are looking for a sex partner, or on the rebound.

The slingwing69 user name comes from the 24 years I flew as a helo rescue crewman and my first team gave me the number 69 that was put onto my helmet.

Secondly, Intimacy comes in many different forms, it does not always mean sex, it can be closeness, simple hugs, holding hands, telling each other personal thoughts and feelings, and canot happen if you are alone.

The separation did give us time to talk and make the decision on getting a divorce. That decision was not made overnight, and it was a dificult one, but as some have said we both were not happy and we needed to change that.

slingwing69's photo
Fri 09/18/09 01:29 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts. The separation provided us time to make the difficult decision to get the divorce. We will not be getting back together and the process of dividing up everything has began.

I understand the points made by all, and appreciate your comments. I am not married, and not divorced...in between what was and what is, and it is lonely as some of you have found.

Again thanks to all.

slingwing69

slingwing69's photo
Thu 09/17/09 01:25 PM
I have been separated and living totally apart from my wife of 19 years for 6 months now, and we have began the divorce process....I know that in some cases separated people do get back together...but in my case there is no doubt about a divorce happening, and I do not hide that fact when I talk with people.

My question to all is this: Why do people see separated men and women as people who they would not talk with or date, and never try to build a relationship with? Separation is the time to make sure that divorce is the right thing to do, but it means not having someone to talk too or share your life with, and nobody likes that.

I understand that people have different ideas on relationships, and I respect the differences, but to say that I am not enbtitled to meet someone, build a relationship, and have happiness is wrong to me, how about you?

Please feel free to say what you feel about this, I welcome your opinion.