Community > Posts By > S2885

S2885's photo
Tue 07/05/16 04:58 AM

I have know more then a few couples that had age gaps of 15 years or more.. How many are still together?... not a one.

Because time doesn't stop, and at some point the older of the couple is really old in the eyes of the younger and they lose interest.

How many people do you know who are around 50-55 and have a husband or wife around 65-70? and have been together for a long time.

And for what its worth, I have a friend who divorced then took on a girlfriend in her mid 20's, he was in his late 40's.. The girlfriend was as old as his kids.

How did his kids accept it?.. they didn't, they were embarrassed.. and told me(and others) so. The relationship didn't last.. not because of what the kids thought but because she lost interest after the novelty wore off. The kids lost a lot of respect for their father too.

Is the short burst of "happiness" worth it?.. not in my eyes. I'll stick to my age group.

But to each his own

Iprobably almost everyone I know is divorced except for my parents generation which BTW usually the men were.much older than their wives.

Some families are very close minded

S2885's photo
Tue 07/05/16 04:57 AM

Age is NOT just a number, regardless of how many ppl say so. It is b*||cr@p.

It is NEVER wrong to refuse. If something doesn't feel right, it is the best thing to do. Other ppl don't know what's best for you, only you do.

Ppl of different ages are at different phases in life. For some that can work out in a relationship, but it can be quite the challenge.
Typically what you want in life differs in those phases and could make two ppl totally incompatible.
Like someone 30 may be ready to settle down, start a family, buy a house, build up his career etc. while you at 19 going 20 feel like having fun still, going out a lot, traveling maybe. But nowhere near having a family.
That sort of thing can cause friction. If you'd wanna wait some 8-10 yrs with a family and 'slowing down', he'll be 40. He may not want to wait with a family and settling down till he's 40.

Not saying this is how it is for you and that guy, just an example of how it can cause friction and incompatibility.

Then there's the question if you want a partner who's that much older...