Community > Posts By > jennbass2009

jennbass2009's photo
Thu 12/31/09 08:08 AM

Ok..so maybe someone can explain this to me..I have seen MANY profiles on date sites that state that the person is "Separated and looking for a relationship"..I am having a problem understanding why a person can't finish off one relationship before seeking another?..I mean if you're separated it means you're married just not LIVING with that person right?..Why not get a divorce,be completely over and done with that person THEN move on?..I once ran into this guy whose explaination for not being physically with the woman anymore was "She don't want me"..Which of course got him a one way ticket to Jerksville,where he belongs..lol..Cause he was basically saying to me.."Well I want her and she don't want me right now,BUT if she ever does,you're out in the cold"..Um..huh?..Why do that to someone?..Ok,yeah..I'm done..lol

Well, easier said than done. For me personally, my husband began rushing the divorce and I couldn't get the required information fast enough to the paralegal. Then the poo hit the fan and he realized how much child support he would have to be paying and the divorce came to a screaching hault. Not to mention all of the drama surrounding the kids and DCF in my case. It doesn't mean that I don't deserve friends or happiness. I work two jobs to stay afloat and meeting people is tough. I started going on dates with those that wanted to and b/c they didn't go well, I downgraded to just coffee one hour meetings. If we didn't hit it off, no sweat off either of ours backs. I am not in love with my husband anymore and anyone who has gone through a divorce knows what I am talking about and the lonliness you go through.

I wouldn't want someone shoving me out in the cold just b/c I am separated and I can't force the divorce to make it happen sooner. The relationship is ended and just because I don't have the official paperwork doesn't mean separated people can't see what's out there and begin working on rebuilding their life and relationships no matter if it's love or friendship.