Community > Posts By > only1anniepie

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 12:18 PM

geez......didn't know I would cause such a stir, but good to get feedback none the less.

to clarify my original post.........
he nudged, i responded and we traded emails and ims for a few weeks. he said in one post that he was tired of people judging him without knowing him, never did it cross my mind it would be a physical flaw he was referring to. i think we have all been there..... we are all flawed to some degree.
when i inquired about the lack of teeth, he responded he lost them in a bar fight in 92, and since they were so costly to replace, it was never that important to him. we were just at the point where we were trying to meet up. the bar fight scenerio reminded me of high school.....
we were not in a committed relationship, and i would never had left someone i was in a relationship with for something so superficial. that would make me shallow and a *****.
the point i was trying to make is that i thought he should have been honest up front about it and let me judge for myself. clearly if he was tired of people judging him without knowing him, this has been an issue for him before and he is aware that most women would have a problem with it.
we were planning on going canoeing together, when was he going to share this with me?
when we were alone on the river? i can hear the banjos in my head

Bottom line.......i should have listened to my gut, and hit delete when he told me about the bar fight

Another red flag would be that since 1992 that he couldn't afford to get partials or remedy the matter. He either didn't have insurance, cash flow or good enough credit. Maybe he is not financially secure?

I don't want a man to "pay" for me but I sure want him to take care of himself and ALL of his OWN needs.

Just move on and don't worry about everyone's opinion. Unless you are prepared for the mob mentality from differing opinions, it will only unnerve you.

This place is supposed to be fun. flowerforyou

it is fun, thanks for your thoughts

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 12:12 PM

geez......didn't know I would cause such a stir, but good to get feedback none the less.

he nudged, i responded and we traded emails and ims for a few weeks. he said in one post that he was tired of people judging him without knowing him, never did it cross my mind it would be a physical flaw he was referring to. i think we have all been there..... we are all flawed to some degree.
when i inquired about the lack of teeth, he responded he lost them in a bar fight in 92, and since they were so costly to replace, it was never that important to him. we were just at the point where we were trying to meet up. the bar fight scenerio reminded me of high school.....
we were not in a committed relationship, and i would never had left someone i was in a relationship with for something so superficial. that would make me shallow and a *****.
the point i was trying to make is that i thought he should have been honest up front about it and let me judge for myself. clearly if he was tired of people judging him without knowing him, this has been an issue for him before and he is aware that most women would have a problem with it.
we were planning on going canoeing together, when was he going to share this with me?

Bottom line.......i should have listened to my gut, and hit delete when he told me about the bar fight

eh, anything can cause stir here, many people many perspectives.
Bottom line..you can do what ever you want in this situation and any other.
We all get to do that..make our own choices about who we want to spend out time and energy on..

flowerforyou

well put, thank you

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 12:06 PM

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 08:59 AM

i used to date a woman who had her 6 front teeth on top knocked out in a horse riding accident. she wore a partial and took it out at night. never phased me a bit. if she wouldntve worn it ever though, or not cared, it mayve been a problem. so i do see where youre coming from on thisflowerforyou

exactly.....
oh, btw, thanks for the flowers
can I get you some coffee while Im up?

certainly, black please:smile:

careful, its hot

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 08:57 AM

Thanks anniepie. I think it's the game where a bunch of guys in tights run one way and some other guys in another color tights run into them and knock each other's teeth out.

at least thats better than a bar fight......
and i would have his nfl salary to comfort me :)

Ahhhhh, so materialism plays a part! The truth reveals itself.

I have to admit he got my attention....but not in a good way.
I can't imagine being gummed

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 08:55 AM

Well they do say never look a gift horse in the mouth, but lost teeth in a fight could be a deal breaker. I could see it if he was a hockey goalie that forgot to wear his mask one day but bar fights are a real red flag. And what if one day you go to all the trouble of making him a really good sandwich and he couldn't eat it? And a fight breaks out and ...............

and to never be able to enjoy a good slab of ribs??

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 08:46 AM

i used to date a woman who had her 6 front teeth on top knocked out in a horse riding accident. she wore a partial and took it out at night. never phased me a bit. if she wouldntve worn it ever though, or not cared, it mayve been a problem. so i do see where youre coming from on thisflowerforyou

exactly.....
oh, btw, thanks for the flowers
can I get you some coffee while Im up?

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 08:39 AM

..maybe you should include that in your profile..'as a prerequisite " must have teeth"...:laughing:

lol, maybe I should.....
some things are just not negotiable

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 08:38 AM

Thanks anniepie. I think it's the game where a bunch of guys in tights run one way and some other guys in another color tights run into them and knock each other's teeth out.

at least thats better than a bar fight......
and i would have his nfl salary to comfort me :)

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 08:32 AM

But, I get what you're saying anniepie. Teeth are like the front end of a car. Without it you have a wreck on your hands. And not bothering to do something about it is telling in itself! Plus the fighting! Oh, gawd!

thank you for that, at least someone gets what I am saying

btw, enjoy your chargers game

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 07:52 AM

talked to a guy for a few weeks, slowly building anticipation to meet him, turns out he has no teeth! WTF?? just a thought, maybe he could have said something sooner. or maybe I should have asked. it turned out to be a deal-breaker for me.

Well, lets try to come to a compromise. You don't want a guy with no teeth, but how about a guy with one tooth? How many teeth does a guy need to have for you to consider him datable?

just think that if you are missing your 4 front teeth, you might want to mention it.
wouldn't have been a big deal if it was one of the back ones. heck, my teeth may not be perfect, but I brush and floss, and they are all still there.

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 07:38 AM

and you couldnt tell this by talking?? did he have false ones, cuz if so, whats so bad about that??

I probably could have worked with false teeth.....
but give a girl a warning. I doubt I am the only woman who wouldve said something.

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 07:35 AM

LOL... "Maybe you should have asked?!" No... I mean, how does one even begin to think "BTW, you seem great. I was just wondering if you have any teeth, as that may present a problem." How would you even have known to ask in the first place?!

BTW...I'm big on a nice smile, too. Having standards, such as a teeth-requirement, doesn't make you shallow.

I can't help but wonder, is this a joke? I mean...who doesn't have teeth these days?! Ask for pictures up front. Always!

I asked all the usual questions.......ever been in jail, tattoos (ie, met a guy once with a huge white power tat on his back.....omg), creepy religious affiliations, ect. Even did background checks.....
We had exchanged multiple pics, but none was of him smiling.
Until one.....I asked if he had a broken tooth, it was hard to tell from the pic, but I asked anyway.
Glad I did.
He doesn't have false teeth, just no teeth, lost them in a fight. He told me they were too expensive, and it wasn't a priority to him. Which brought up another red flag.....grown men in fights??? Seriously, aren't we getting a bit old for that?
Teeth are a priority to me, I love a man's smile.

only1anniepie's photo
Sun 09/27/09 07:12 AM
talked to a guy for a few weeks, slowly building anticipation to meet him, turns out he has no teeth! WTF?? just a thought, maybe he could have said something sooner. or maybe I should have asked. it turned out to be a deal-breaker for me.

only1anniepie's photo
Sat 09/26/09 11:36 PM

Who ever was the first person to figure out masturbation had to be thinking "This is GREAT!. I bet I can make a fortune with this radical new activity!"....imagine thier disappointment at not getting the patent.....no royalties......that had to be a bummer.

yep, I bet youre right, she must have been bummed :laughing:

only1anniepie's photo
Sat 09/26/09 11:26 PM
howdy yall, I'm new too:thumbsup:

only1anniepie's photo
Sat 09/26/09 10:36 PM
how about a mayonaisse sandwich?