Community > Posts By > ljncoupe

ljncoupe's photo
Sun 09/13/09 10:34 AM
You are a brave soul to pose those questions since these are mostly avoided. One thing about placing an ad on the internet, there is less of a rejection factor, (in my own opinion) if that person has a problem with dating outside their race, or if the big dollar is important and esthetics is at the top of their list.

Because a person chooses to date outside their race is a choice. Thank goodness for our youth growing up now; the color scheme is becoming more blurred (including culture). I have not ever been one to stay on "one side of the stream" anyways. I have always dated outside my race and eventually married a white man. It helped that he lived in the same city, was educated and we both shared intellectual repartees and liked to golf. Our divorce had nothing to do with color more than it did with bad values - dishonesty, unreliable - high maintenance and other things I could not see living the rest of my life with.

Equal values, positive character traits, common interests help.

Hey, we all have a little bit of if not more of color/ethnicity. I do and am proud of all of them.

Looks: As far as looks are concerned, many people want to know that they compliment one another. I know that I do. I do not want to be the butt of any man's insecurity and the filler of what they lack in. It's like Shrek and the beautiful prince. Beauty is what is in the heart. If you are fortunate enough to get both, that's even a bigger gift. What other's can see as ugly can be beautiful to another.

Money: Although many choose to play it down, it is important, (yes it is). I believe it has to be how one chooses to spend, invest, or use it as a tool to get what they want to get with conditions attached. If a man/woman chooses to spend lavishly on a person of interest, let it be unconditionally.

I took care of my ex (and other men)which should not have been that way. There were no 70/30, 60/40, or 50/50. I was 98% provider. I lavished this man with gifts and dinners. My money was all his money. I do not ever want to be with a broke broke man. My brain was broke broke. Reality kicked in finally, after the 1 and only year of marriage and I ran fast. He was the final link to make me realize that I deserve better and will not choose the "road mostly travelled."

All of what I say is "in my own opinion." :-)

ljncoupe's photo
Sun 09/13/09 09:54 AM
It's great that you asked for suggestions. I see that you wrote you are a writer. Why don't you expound a little on what you write ie., poetry, mysteries, fiction...

Do you like listening to music? What are you looking for in a woman? Be yourself. If you are shy, outgoing, homebody, etc, etc, say so.

Otherwise, you got the picture.

LJ

ljncoupe's photo
Sun 09/13/09 09:47 AM
That was the funniest joke ever!
laugh laugh laugh :banana: :banana: