Community > Posts By > Fun721

Fun721's photo
Sat 08/22/09 12:19 PM
Poster child for narcolepsy :)

Fun721's photo
Sat 08/22/09 11:41 AM
Hmmm...well, if I were in a significant relationship, I wouldn't give my SO a reason to be jealous. I would address it with him and see what the root cause of his jealousy is- it doesn't bode well for a relationship- for many reasons.
In order for anyone to change their habits, they need to have an awareness of why they have that behavior. Then they have a choice to modify or change it.
Jealousy stems from a basic lack of trust, and is used as a form of control to condition the other person to conform to the behavior that they want them to have - in their eyes. Completely unhealthy, in my opinion.

Fun721's photo
Sat 08/22/09 11:21 AM
now think back to their profiles and think about how detailed they were/ reflective of who they actually were

This is a good point. I find that when there is a limited profile that the individual is not open and generally doesnt communicate well- or they aren't really serious about seeking a relationship. (I'm one to talk right now- I have just been here a day or two and haven't had time to edit my profile). I have been on other sites, and the general consensus is that there needs to be a general attraction first- meaning photos. Then, hopefully, the profile and interests, and what both people are looking for come into play.

Fun721's photo
Sat 08/22/09 11:09 AM
Looking for friends in this area- for c/w dancing, going out in groups, dating, etc.

Fun721's photo
Sat 08/22/09 10:54 AM
so that song "small town USA" is BS

yes- big time- i'm a small town as well - small towns are great unless you want to date, lol

Fun721's photo
Sat 08/22/09 10:52 AM
do u believe in love at first sight? if so, does it exist in the online world?

No. I believe that that is often confused with lust or basic chemistry. I also believe that this is the built-in feeling that we are born with to attract us to one another. Love is having that chemistry along with common ground- interests and so forth, and then building trust and all that should be in a solid relationship over time-and then taking it to a higher level. JMO (Just my opinion).
Love is knowing a person well and still liking them ( and liking them more over time), along with that feeling of never wanting to be away from them (much).

Fun721's photo
Sat 08/22/09 10:32 AM
JTitol: IRL = In Real Life

A bit of a gamble? The chances are better if you get to know someone well, just as if you met IRL. When you meet someone IRL, you have no idea who they are until you get to know them a bit--just like online.

Fun721's photo
Sat 08/22/09 10:25 AM
Edited by Fun721 on Sat 08/22/09 10:27 AM
Meeting people online as well as IRL allows you to meet those you wouldn't otherwise come in contact with.

I find, in general, that the same things happen in meeting people IRL and online- you either hit it off or you don't. Just because you meet someone IRL doesn't mean that the chances of clicking are better-it's just a bit of an advantage because you see what they look like, what their personality is like, etc.

Fun721's photo
Thu 08/20/09 04:28 PM
Hi, I just joined and I'm an artist in North Central Texas. The site looks like fun and I look forward to getting to know some of you.

2 Next