Community > Posts By > bidright

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 12:39 PM
only to talk about christ not about a religion i was told by my bishop that if i left the church i would be be in the lake of fire never to return to mormonism the church does not celieve in once saved always saved only jesus christ died on the cross for my sins not president hinkley why does the church change its doctrine the bible dosnt i dont belong to a religion i go to a bible teaching church i had a conversation with present hinkley 4 years ago in snowflake arizona i asked why didny the mormon church start anywere else or why hasnt another joseph smith pop up in any other country he said because america is the county that offers freedom of religion with out being perucuted that the mormon church is safe here you ever know that you dont here about mormons being persacuted in any other country the christians are look at china india pakistan shri lanka aferica joseph smith was a con artist

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 12:06 PM
because they lie the church passes judgement on the people they told me i was going to hell because i left the church they use scare tactics they use the united states for there religion when i was in the military no lds person was in because they go on missions not serve so they use the people over there fighting for there freedom of religion its the only church that does so

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 12:00 PM
calling all mormons defend your faith

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:55 AM
Conclusion: The above points in italics constitute the common gospel believed by all orthodox Christians through the ages regardless of denominational labels. On the other hand, some new religions such as Mormonism claim to be Christian, but accept as Scripture writings outside of the Bible, teach doctrines that contradict the Bible, and hold to beliefs completely foreign to the teachings of Jesus and His apostles.

Mormons share with orthodox Christians some important moral precepts from the Bible. However, the above points are examples of the many fundamental and irreconcilable differences between historic, biblical Christianity and Mormonism. While these differences do not keep us from being friendly with Mormons, we cannot consider them brothers and sisters in Christ. The Bible specifically warns of false prophets who will teach "another gospel" centered around "another Jesus," and witnessed to by "another spirit" (2 Corinthians 11:4,13-15; Galatians 1:6-9). Based on the evidence presented above, we believe Mormonism represents just such a counterfeit gospel.

It has been pointed out that if one claimed to be a Mormon but denied all the basic tenets of Mormonism — that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, that the Book of Mormon is true and divinely inspired, that god was once a man who progressed to godhood through keeping the laws and ordinances of the Mormon Church, and that the Mormon Church was divinely established — the Mormon Church would reject such a person’s claim to being a Latter-day Saint. One cannot fairly call oneself a Mormon if one does not believe the fundamental doctrines taught by the Mormon Church. By the same token, if the Mormon Church does not hold to even the basic biblical truths believed by the greater Christian community down through the ages, how can Christians reasonably be expected to accept Mormonism as authentic Christianity?

If the Mormon Church believes it is the only true Christian Church, it should not attempt to publicly present itself as a part of a broader Christian community. Instead it should tell the world openly that those who claim to be orthodox Christians are not really Christians at all, and that the Mormon Church is the only true Christian Church. This in fact is what it teaches privately, but not publicly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statements of 5 Christian Denominations on Mormonism

Christian churches teach belief in God as an eternal, self-existent, immortal being, unfettered by corporeal limitations and unchanging in both character and nature. In recent years, several Christian denominations have made studies of Mormon teaching and come to the conclusion that there are irreconcilable differences between LDS doctrine and Christian beliefs based on the Bible.

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:47 AM
WERE ARE THE MORMANS AT

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:47 AM
WERE ARE THE MORMANS AT

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:36 AM
I HAVE DOCTRINE TO PROVE THIS READ YOUR DOCTRINE ITS AMAZING HOW MANY LDS GO INTO DENILE WHEN CHALLENGED THEY SAY ITS JUST THE WAY IT ITS YOU ARE LEAD BY MAN NOT CHRIST TELL ME WHY IT WAS NOT OK TO DRINK SODA NOW IT IS WHY DOES THE THE MORMON FAITH CHANGE YOU USE TO NOT LET BLACKS IN THE CHURCH OR NATIVE AMERICANS OR MEXICANS NOW YOU DO THE CHURCH CHANGES AS THE TIMES CHANGE THE BIBLE DOSNT CHANGE

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:28 AM
I WAS LDS THIS IS WHAT I WAS TAUGHT

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:21 AM
9. DID THE EARLY CHURCH FALL INTO TOTAL APOSTASY?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that the true Church was divinely established by Jesus and could never and will never disappear from the earth (Matthew 16:18; John 15:16; 17:11). Christians acknowledge that there have been times of corruption and apostasy within the Church, but believe there has always been a remnant that held fast to the biblical essentials.

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that there was a great and total apostasy of the Church as established by Jesus Christ; this state of apostasy "still prevails except among those who have come to a knowledge of the restored gospel" of the Mormon Church (Gospel Principles, pp. 105-106; Mormon Doctrine, p. 44).

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:20 AM
IS THE BIBLE THE UNIQUE AND FINAL WORD OF GOD?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that the Bible is the unique, final and infallible Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16; Hebrews 1:1,2; 2 Peter 1:21) and that it will stand forever (1 Peter 1:23-25). God’s providential preservation of the text of the Bible was marvelously illustrated in the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that the Bible has been corrupted, is missing many "plain and precious parts" and does not contain the fullness of the Gospel (Book of Mormon — 1 Nephi 13:26-29; Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 3, pp. 190-191).

no photo
7. DOES CHRIST'S ATONING DEATH BENEFIT THOSE WHO REJECT HIM?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that the purpose of the atoning work of Christ on the cross was to provide the complete solution for humankind’s sin problem. However, those who reject God’s grace in this life will have no part in this salvation but are under the judgment of God for eternity (John 3:36; Hebrews 9:27; 1 John 5:11-12).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that the purpose of the atonement was to bring resurrection and immortality to all people, regardless of whether they receive Christ by faith. Christ’s atonement is only a partial basis for worthiness and eternal life, which also requires obedience to all the commands of the Mormon church, including exclusive Mormon temple rituals (Gospel Principles, pp. 74-75; Mormon Doctrine, p. 669).

no photo
6. CAN WE MAKE OURSELVES WORTHY BEFORE GOD?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that apart from the saving work of Jesus Christ on the cross we are spiritually "dead in trespasses and sins" (Ephesians 2:1,5) and are powerless to save ourselves. By grace alone, apart from self-righteous works, God forgives our sins and makes us worthy to live in His presence (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5-6). Our part is only to cling to Christ in heartfelt faith. (However, it is certainly true that without the evidence of changed conduct, a person’s testimony of faith in Christ must be questioned; salvation by grace alone through faith, does not mean we can live as we please — Romans 6:1-4).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that eternal life in the presence of God (which it terms "exaltation in the celestial kingdom") must be earned through obedience to all the commands of the Mormon Church, including exclusive Mormon temple rituals. Works are a requirement for salvation (entrance into the "celestial kingdom") — Gospel Principles, p. 303-304; Pearl of Great Price — Third Article of Faith; Mormon Doctrine, pp. 339, 671; Book of Mormon — 2 Nephi 25:23).

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:19 AM
5. WAS THE SIN OF ADAM AND EVE A GREAT EVIL OR A GREAT BLESSING?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that the disobedience of our first parents Adam and Eve was a great evil. Through their fall sin entered the world, bringing all human beings under condemnation and death. Thus we are born with a sinful nature, and will be judged for the sins we commit as individuals. (Ezekiel 18:1-20; Romans 5:12-21).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that Adam’s sin was "a necessary step in the plan of life and a great blessing to all of us" (Gospel Principles, p. 33; Book of Mormon — 2 Nephi 2:25; Doctrines of Salvation, vol. 1, pp. 114-115).

no photo
4. IS GOD A TRINITY?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost are not separate Gods or separate beings, but are distinct Persons within the one Triune Godhead. Throughout the New Testament the Son and the Holy Spirit, as well as the Father are separately identified as and act as God (Son: Mark 2:5-12; John 20:28; Philippians 2:10,11; Holy Spirit: Acts 5:3,4; 2 Corinthians 3:17,18; 13:14); yet at the same time the Bible teaches that these three are only one God (see point 1).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate Gods (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 370; Mormon Doctrine, pp. 576-577), and that the Son and Holy Ghost are the literal offspring of Heavenly Father and a celestial wife (Joseph Fielding McConkie, Encyclopedia of Mormonism, vol. 2, p. 649).

no photo
3. ARE JESUS AND SATAN SPIRIT BROTHERS?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that Jesus is the unique Son of God; he has always existed as God, and is co-eternal and co-equal with the Father (John 1:1, 14; 10:30; 14:9; Colossians 2:9). While never less than God, at the appointed time He laid aside the glory He shared with the Father (John 17:4, 5; Philippians 2:6-11) and was made flesh for our salvation; His incarnation was accomplished through being conceived supernaturally by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18-23; Luke 1:34-35).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that Jesus Christ is our elder brother who progressed to godhood, having first been procreated as a spirit child by Heavenly Father and a heavenly mother; He was later conceived physically through intercourse between Heavenly Father and the virgin Mary (Achieving a Celestial Marriage, p. 129; Mormon Doctrine, pp. 546-547; 742). Mormon doctrine affirms that Jesus and Lucifer are brothers (Gospel Principles, pp. 17-18; Mormon Doctrine, p. 192).

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:18 AM
WANT SOME MORE
1. IS THERE MORE THAN ONE TRUE GOD?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that there is only one True and Living God and apart from Him there are no other Gods (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10,11; 44:6,8; 45:21,22; 46:9; Mark 12:29-34).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that there are many Gods (Book of Abraham 4:3ff), and that we can become gods and goddesses in the celestial kingdom (Doctrine and Covenants 132:19-20; Gospel Principles, p. 245; Achieving a Celestial Marriage, p. 130). It also teaches that those who achieve godhood will have spirit children who will worship and pray to them, just as we worship and pray to God the Father (Gospel Principles, p. 302).

2. WAS GOD ONCE A MAN LIKE US?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that God is Spirit (John 4:24; 1 Timothy 6:15,16), He is not a man (Numbers 23:19; Hosea 11:9; Romans 1:22, 23), and has always (eternally) existed as God — all powerful, all knowing, and everywhere present (Psalm 90:2; 139:7-10; Isaiah 40:28; Luke 1:37).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that God the Father was once a man like us who progressed to become a God and has a body of flesh and bone (Doctrine and Covenants 130:22; "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!" from Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp. 345-347; Gospel Principles, p. 9; Articles of Faith, p. 430; Mormon Doctrine, p. 321). Indeed, the Mormon Church teaches that God himself has a father, and a grandfather, ad infinitum (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 373; Mormon Doctrine, p. 577).

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:14 AM
5.According to the historic, apostolic Christian faith, salvation comes only by the grace of Christ, who "suffered, was crucified, died and was buried, to reconcile his Father to us, and to be a sacrifice, not only for original guilt, but also for actual sins of men."

Mormons also believe that salvation comes through Christ's atoning sacrifice. But they don't believe in "original sin" or in human depravity. Still, Latter-day Saints believe that fallen men and women do need redemption. And while works are a necessary condition, they are insufficient for salvation.

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:13 AM
4.Most Christians believe that Jesus Christ was "truly God and truly man, in whom the divine and human natures are perfectly and inseparably united." He is the only begotten Son of the Father, born of the Virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Mormons believe that Jesus is the Son of God in the most literal sense. He is eldest brother of all mortals and firstborn spirit child of God. He was Jehovah of the Old Testament but became Jesus Christ of the New Testament when he was born into mortality. They believe that from Mary, a mortal woman, he inherited the capacity to die, and from God, an exalted being, he inherited the capacity to live forever.

JUST SO YOU KNOW I GET MY INFO FROM THE MORMON CHURCH I WAS LDS FOR 15 YEARS UNTIL I ESCAPED THE CHURCH BY THE WAY SHOW ME IN THE BIBLE ABOUT MARY

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:11 AM
3.For most Christians, the Godhead is composed of three persons of one substance, power, and eternity-the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. These Three are One. This triune God is without "body, parts or passions."

The LDS Church also teaches that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost comprise the Godhead. But Mormons believe that God the Father and Jesus Christ have bodies of flesh and bones as tangible as human beings, while the Holy Ghost "is a personage of Spirit." Mormonism also teaches that God the Father was once a man. He is married to a "heavenly mother" and is the literal father of all mortal spirits.

IS THIS TRUE LOL DONT LIE

no photo
Mon 08/27/07 11:10 AM
OK ANSWER THESE ARE THEY TRUE ABOUT YOUR CHURCH
1.CHRISTIANS BELIEVE Most Christians accept only the Bible as authoritative scripture

MORMONS Mormons believe the Bible is sacred. They add three other documents--The Pearl of Great Price, The Doctrine and Covenants, and The Book of Mormon--to their canon.

WERE IN THE BIBLE ARE THESE MENTIONED
2.For most Christians, church teachings stem from scripture. Leaders of the early church sought to specify the core of Christian belief in order to ensure the soundness of Christian teaching. At meetings in Nicea and Chalcedon in the fourth and fifth centuries, these leaders established the canon of scripture and proclaimed the basic elements of acceptable Christian doctrine.

Mormons do not affirm any of the creeds as stated, though they share some of the theological ideas in the creeds. They believe that after the death of the early apostles, the Christian church fell into apostasy. The church needed to be restored in the latter days, which Mormons believe were begun in 1820, when Mormon founder Joseph Smith was visited by God the father and Jesus Christ.
WERE IS JOSEPH SMITHS NAME IN THE BIBLE ISNT THE BIBLE PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE