Community > Posts By > Two_Scoops

Two_Scoops's photo
Tue 03/20/12 04:03 PM

I have been approached by a man who is polyamorous. So I considered it and analyzed myself and if he can't be all mine (and I know that isn't really factual, we never own another but) I don't want him. I have yet to meet a woman who brought out sexual desire in me so that hasn't been an option for me up to this point.

So I don't think I would fit it well. But I do not knock what others do as long as they are of age and mental consent.

I agree with you on both posts. All the people I know who are poly are committed to each other and faithful. For me I know that being poly is a destination, when I get there I will enjoy it. Right now I am just getting ready. ;)

Two_Scoops's photo
Tue 03/20/12 01:51 PM

I've seen a few people try it.

And the few that were married are all divorced now.

I've read that some people can make it work, but I've never actually seen it done.

When you enter a poly relationship, at least know that you are fighting a huge uphill battle that very few (if any) really win.

Best of luck to you.

Thank you!

Two_Scoops's photo
Tue 03/20/12 01:50 PM

You're life is your own. You're free to live it as you choose. Nothing should have to be secret. We all die in the end, so screw what other people think of you :)

As long it is not harming others.

Exactly!

Two_Scoops's photo
Tue 03/20/12 01:49 PM

You're life is your own. You're free to live it as you choose. Nothing should have to be secret. We all die in the end, so screw what other people think of you :)

Absolutely...make your life your own and make it work for you.

Not my cup of tea but at least you're honest and upfront with the people that you're involved with and honesty goes a long way in my book.

Honesty is the only way to make something like this work. In fact bravery too, especially if you are having feelings of jealously or possessiveness. It really is hard to admit vulnerability to a loved one. So yes I can imagine the journey being exhausting but the reward of it all seems worth it. I will keep you posted ;)

Breaking away from what is considered the ‘norm’ is an act of bravery which is why I think you need to make your life your own and live by your own standards...I won’t always like it or accept it but I will always go for honesty over deceit any day of the week.

Amen!

Two_Scoops's photo
Tue 03/20/12 01:49 PM

Humm I don't share well at all...I barely can handle one at a time much less more then one....

For those that can more power to them not for me nor would I even want too..

Myself have never known anyone that has done it... Most think the same way as I do.

Trying to make one relationship work out is hard enough....whoa

I completely agree and sometimes I wonder if I am just being greedy. I have spoken to my family about this and I have been very open with my friends and I realize this is really something I need to try. The honest approach just seems right.

I am in a relationship now with a bisexual male who has Aspergers. Just dealing with regular relationship stuff coupled with the additional set backs of dealing with his learning disability consumes me. Yet we both feel one day we will be ready to open are hearts and home to another partner. So in time, we shall see. :)

Two_Scoops's photo
Tue 03/20/12 01:48 PM
I completely agree and sometimes I wonder if I am just being greedy. I have spoken to my family about this and I have been very open with my friends and I realize this is really something I need to try. The honest approach just seems right.

I am in a relationship now with a bisexual male who has Aspergers. Just dealing with regular relationship stuff coupled with the additional set backs of dealing with his learning disability consumes me. Yet we both feel one day we will be ready to open are hearts and home to another partner. So in time, we shall see. :)

Two_Scoops's photo
Tue 03/20/12 01:40 PM
Thank you!

Two_Scoops's photo
Tue 03/20/12 01:40 PM

Absolutely...make your life your own and make it work for you.

Not my cup of tea but at least you're honest and upfront with the people that you're involved with and honesty goes a long way in my book.

Honesty is the only way to make something like this work. In fact bravery too, especially if you are having feelings of jealously or possessiveness. It really is hard to admit vulnerability to a loved one. So yes I can imagine the journey being exhausting but the reward of it all seems worth it. I will keep you posted ;)

Two_Scoops's photo
Mon 03/19/12 10:24 PM

Love is not finite. If you can love many friends and family members all at the same time, who's to say you can't have more than one romantic love at the same time? We don't get to pick who we fall in love with- it just happens. Polyamory seems to be a much saner way of dealing with things than cheating and lying. Open, honest communication is good. So is accepting a different approach. :heart:

I disagree, we do pick who we fall in love with. We control our feelings and emotions. We control our wants and desires.

Maybe you haven't spoken to a mother who has post postpartum depression. Some want to love their baby but have no emotions towards it. Sometimes you cannot control who you love. In regards to adult intimate relationships, sometimes you fall for the least expected. I have even had erotic thoughts about my professor and I think he is a jerk. I so was not controlling that desire. yek :P

Two_Scoops's photo
Mon 03/19/12 09:04 PM

Not my thing...I can barely put up with one person laugh

But as long as all involved are consenting adults...none of my business. Best thing to do is to make sure all understand the "ground rules and boundaries"

Best of luck to you

lol My mother said the same thing. lol Communication is key, thanks. ;)

Two_Scoops's photo
Mon 03/19/12 09:02 PM
That's cool. A lucky lady she shall be. :)

Two_Scoops's photo
Mon 03/19/12 08:50 PM
Polyamory (from Greek πολύ [poly, meaning many or several] and Latin amor [love]) is the practice, desire, or acceptance of having more than one intimate relationship at a time with the knowledge and consent of everyone involved. It is not to be confused with polysexuality, which is attraction towards multiple genders and/or sexes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamory

Two_Scoops's photo
Mon 03/19/12 08:30 PM
Talking to more and more people about my life style choice I am starting to realize a shared curiosity that most people have. Have you ever thought poly? Loving multiple people in intimate ways.

Most people that I have talked to have thought about it, but rarely share their personal feelings with others. Why is that?

Being called unique for most of my life I have gotten use to people saying I am weird, but I know there are a lot of people who wish they could share in a healthy, balanced relationship with another person other than their primary partner. Don't get me wrong, thinking about the work involved in just sustaining a poly relationship sounds exhausting on the emotional tip, but I have seen what open communication can bring. It's beautiful.

Tell me what you think about poly relationships. I am curious to know how people feel and possibly meet someone who understands that love is big thing and it can be shared.

Have a good one!