I like my penquin medium with a little chianti & fava beans...yum yum

I'm all in favor of tropical minnesota

davinci1952's photo
Mon 11/12/07 10:46 AM
want a real president that talks reality...check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj9KHJRRUbQ

davinci1952's photo
Mon 11/12/07 10:42 AM
Hillary (I'll say anything you want to hear) Clinton has sold out to the CFR as well as AIPAC ....but then again so has Barack (my name sounds like osama) Obama, John (buy a used car from me) Edwards, Bill (unknown in New Mexico)Richardson, Rudy (cross dressing vampire wannabee) Ghouliani, John (bomb bomb bomb Iran) Mccain, Mitt (my biggest $$ supporter is me) Romney, Fred (already dead) Thompson, .......is there a statesman/ person anywhere out there??..

oh yeah...Ron (listen to the constitution) Paul....

davinci1952's photo
Mon 11/12/07 10:17 AM
Cloning: a giant step
For the first time, scientists have created dozens of cloned embryos from adult primates. But what are the implications of this technical breakthrough for the future of mankind?

By Steve Connor, Science Editor
Published: 12 November 2007
A technical breakthrough has enabled scientists to create for the first time dozens of cloned embryos from adult monkeys, raising the prospect of the same procedure being used to make cloned human embryos.

Attempts to clone human embryos for research have been dogged by technical problems and controversies over fraudulent research and questionable ethics. But the new technique promises to revolutionise the efficiency by which scientists can turn human eggs into cloned embryos.

It is the first time that scientists have been able to create viable cloned embryos from an adult primate – in this case a 10-year-old male rhesus macaque monkey – and they are scheduled to report their findings later this month.

The scientists will also demonstrate that they have been able to extract stem cells from some of the cloned embryos and that they have managed to encourage these embryonic cells to develop in the laboratory into mature heart cells and brain neurons.

Scientists who know of the research said it was the breakthrough that they had all been waiting for because, until now, there was a growing feeling that there might be some insuperable barrier to creating cloned embryos from adult primates – including humans.

rest of the article here:
http://news.independent.co.uk/sci_tech/article3152325.ece

---------
personally I think they have been attempting to clone humans behind closed doors for years now...this does raise many questions...need a heart?...grow a new one from your clone...
new liver?...no problem....
if you've seen the movie The Island....it may be more prophetic than we know...

davinci1952's photo
Mon 11/12/07 06:38 AM
msn52.....Rudy just makes me feel creepy...I can't believe he has any support..
scary thought...

davinci1952's photo
Mon 11/12/07 06:36 AM
yes....and Guliani looks so good in a dress dont you think?...

davinci1952's photo
Sat 11/10/07 05:52 AM
the early history of the vatican and the catholic church is rife with stories of debauchery and sex scandals from the earliest records...the church itself has always been a safe haven for perverts and power hungry abusers...
so this story is nothing new...

davinci1952's photo
Sat 11/10/07 05:42 AM
With all the statistics about the economy doing "great" or incomes "rising" or
realizing great "equity" in your current home...how does all that look when you
take into consideration the worth of the dollar today...or in the months and
years ahead...a million dollars means little if it's net worth is pennies...

yeah...definitely a paycheck away from disaster...

davinci1952's photo
Sat 11/10/07 05:34 AM
The Giuliani Story
11-10-7

(LPAC) -- Early on in his crime career, Presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani's father, Harold Giuliani, was sent to Sing Sing prison for armed robbery.

As reported by Wayne Barrett in his 2000 book Rudy! An Investigative Biography of Rudolph Giuliani, Harold Giuliani and an accomplice held up a milk deliverer in Manhattan on April 2, 1934. The indictment ("People v. Harold Giuliani indicted as Jospeh Starrett," the false name Harold gave the police) charged Harold threatened the milkman with a pistol to get his money.

But a week later, the victim changed his story, saying Giuliani's accomplice (who has never been identified) had held the gun. Prosecutor Louis Capozzoli told the judge, the "milkman tried to change his statement after he was visited at about four o'clock that morning by several people who threatened him. Then he said he thought this fellow [Giuliani] ought to get a break."

So, the charge was reduced from first degree armed robbery to third degree, and Rudy's father was sentenced to only two to five years in Sing Sing prison.

The court-appointed psychiatrist reported that Harold was "a personality deviate of the aggressive, egocentric type.... pathological" with "haphazard associations."

Harold served one year and four months, was paroled, and married Helen D'Avanzo.

Rudy, their only child, was born in 1944.

Beginning in 1948, Harold Giuliani went to work for Helen's brother Leo D'Avanzo, as an enforcer for Leo's loan-sharking, numbers and betting operations. Harold broke legs and beat people with a baseball bat, collecting large sums. The family crime business was based in Leo's bar in Brooklyn, and employed more than a dozen numbers runners.

At one point in 1962, Harold and his brother-in-law and boss Leo, and Leo's son Lewis, drove to the headquarters of rival mobster Mickey Scans and shot it out with him. They were then sanctioned by Mafia overlords because their rival was a "made" man.

Harold's nephew and crime cohort Lewis D'Avanzo (Leo's son, Rudy's first cousin) forged documents and apparently carried out murders as part of a quarter-billion dollar car theft operation under the Luchese crime ring. In 1977, Lewis was shot to death by the FBI, when he tried to run over an arresting agent.

Harold's son Rudy Giuliani, a lawyer and prosecutor, changed his party registration to Republican in December, 1980, following Ronald Reagan's election. The next month, Giuliani was nominated as Associate Attorney General. His father Harold died in April, while Rudy's confirmation was pending before the Senate. In their standard interview, the FBI asked him if anything in his background might cause embarrassment if revealed. Rudy said no.

Sworn in in May, 1981, Rudy principally aided then-Vice President George H. W. Bush in Bush's role as head of the administration's anti-drug enterprise in Central and South America. As "point man" for Bush, Rudy made frequent trips to Miami -- the hub of Bush's operations overseeing the covert Contra apparatus of Oliver North and his cocaine traffickers.

In 1982-1983, Rudy was a candidate to be U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York. Organized crime lawyer Roy Cohn put his law partner Tom Bolan onto the Screening Panel for the post, created by Cohn's friend, Senator Al D'Amato. D'Amato then sponsored Rudy's candidacy for the job.

In June, 1983, Giuliani was installed as U.S. Attorney. That same month, Mario Gigante -- a client of Roy Cohn and the brother of mob boss "Chin" Gigante -- was sentenced to eight years in prison for loan-sharking and extortion. In the Fall of 1984, Senato D'Amato phoned Rudy to suggest Gigante was not a bad man and the government should go easy on him. Then Judge Charles Stewart approved, without comment, a two-year reduction in Mario Gigante's prison term. Vincent "the Fish" Cafaro, on orders from mob boss "Chin" Gigante, thereupon delivered a $175,000 cash payment to Cohn's office.

In 1985, Senator D'Amato again called Giuliani, this time to ask for reconsideration of pending charges against Paul Castellano, alleged chief of the Mafia's "National Commission." Castellano was granted bail, only to be assassinated.

--------
Thats what we need in the white house...a crossdressing hoodlum who looks like a bit player from the movie Nosferatu....what a ghoul this guy is...and they say he is the front runner for the GOP nomination?...Hope the US population has more sense than that...

davinci1952's photo
Sat 11/10/07 05:30 AM
Bernanke Starting to Look Dumb

by Michael Nystrom | November 9, 2007
Bull! Not bull
Part I
It was a bit nostalgic for me to see footage of Ron Paul addressing Ben Bernanke on live TV yesterday, as it was almost five years ago that I was first introduced to Ron Paul in the same way. Back then (February 27, 2002), I saw Dr. Paul for the very first time, live on CNBC as I was getting ready for work. At the time I didn't know who he was, but I was astounded by what I heard. He was addressing then Fed Chairman Greenspan on the Federal Reserve, and speaking plain and honest truths: "In many ways I feel that the system you have been asked to manage is similar to an Enron system..."
Enron had just recently gone bankrupt, so I couldn't believe my ears. He continued on, stating truths about the fraudulent Federal Reserve System that nearly everyone else in Washington actively seeks to avoid.
I was hooked, and five years later Dr. Paul is still at it. Yesterday he was addressing Ben Bernanke, hauling the Fed's polite euphemisms out into the sunshine, naming them for what they are: "...they don't say inflate the currency, they don't say debase the currency, they don't say devalue the currency, they don't say cheat the people who save...They say, 'lower interest rates.' But ... I don't hear you say too often, 'The only way I can lower interest rates is to create more money.' ...So my question boils down to this: 'How can we expect to solve the problems of inflation...with more inflation?"

Part II
I've had the pleasure and the good fortune to meet Dr. Paul and spend some time with him. He is as kind and as humble as any neighbor. So every time I see the good doctor in such a situation, going head to head with the likes of Greenspan, Bernanke or Rudy Giuliani - men who seem somehow larger than life - I feel a certain warmth and kinship. I root for him the way I root for any underdog, for the little guy, for Rocky Balboa. I cheer when he scores points, as he always does with truth and common sense.
What I want to impress more than anything is that Ron Paul is just like you or me. He is one of us. The difference is that he has somehow found the strength to fight for us - for all of us. He refers to his seat in Congress as "our seat." Without hesitation he steps right up to the plate, looks down the middle and swings the bat, no matter who the pitcher might be.
Even on television, his sincerity is somehow immediately apparent. So each time he makes an appearance on TV, whether it is during a debate or in his official role as legislator facing off against the Chairman of the Federal Reserve, I just have to smile and wonder how many people are seeing him for the first time and dropping their toothbrush, their bowl of cereal, turning up the volume on the TV and wondering - who is this man? How many people are having their faith restored that there are still honest people who are working tirelessly for us in the government?
Part III
After Bernanke's first non answer, Dr. Paul persisted: "How can you pursue this policy that you have without further weakening the dollar?" Then, his voice rising in almost the same manner and pitch as that of Jimmy Stewart, "There's a dollar crisis out there, and people's money is being stolen! People who have saved, they're being robbed!"
Unlike his predecessor Greenspan, who could speak eloquently for hours without saying anything, Dr. Bernanke laid an egg. He stuttered and responded with an answer that any high schooler should be able to see through: "If somebody has their wealth in dollars, and they're going to buy consumer goods in dollars, as a typical American, then the only effect it has on their buying power is that it makes imported goods more expensive."
Has Bernanke forgotten that hardly any consumer goods are made in the US anymore, and that most typical American buy gasoline, which is made from imported oil? And what about atypical Americans like me who travel overseas from time to time? And by now we all know that it was excess credit creation, facilitated by the Fed, that led to the internet bubble and subsequent housing bubble.
It smacked of a desperate answer, and Bernanke looked extremely weary and tired, bags under his eyes as though he hadn't slept in days. Bernanke's poor performance reminded me of something I'd read two years and have been carrying around in my head ever since. It was a report by Robert Prechter, just as Bernanke was taking over his new job as Fed Chairman. The report appeared in the November 17, 2005 issue of the Elliott Wave Theorist and is titled, "The Coming Changes at the Fed." I dug it up from my hard drive, and with permission have reproduced some pertinent excerpts below.
Remember, Prechter wrote this almost exactly two years ago:
The consensus appears to be that the long-term expansion in the credit supply will continue or even intensify under the Fed chairmanship of Ben Bernanke. One reason many people share this belief is their recollection of Bernanke's November 2002 speech, "Deflation: Making sure "It" Doesn't Happen Here," in which he likens the Fed's printing press option to dropping money from helicopters. There are reasons to believe, however, that the outcome will not be as the majority expects...
Prechter continues:
When credit expands beyond an economy's ability to pay the interest and principal, the trend toward expansion reverses, and the amount of outstanding credit contracts as debtors pay off their loans or default. The resulting drop in the credit supply is deflation. While it seems sensible to say that all the Fed need do is to create more money, i.e. FRNs, to "combat deflation," it is sensible only in a world in which a vacuum replaces the actual forces that any such policy would encounter (emphasis mine). If investors worldwide were to become informed, or even suspicious, that the Fed would follow the 'copter course, it would divest itself of dollar-denominated debt assets, causing a collapse in the value of dollar-denominated bonds, notes and bills. This collapse would be deflation...
This illustrates perfectly the bind that Bernanke finds himself in today. As a man who has spent his entire career in academia, he is finding out that the real world is not so clean and neat as his theories and models:
Bernanke's plan, according to articles, is to aim for a 2% annual inflation rate. "Bernanke has called that the Goldilocks idea: not to hot, not too cold. The just-right spot..." He is convinced that such a policy is all the economy needs to keep it steady. Clearly, Bernanke is a firm believer in the idea that the economy is a machine, whose carburetor simply needs fine-tuning to get it to run smoothly. Economists, deep believers in the potency of social directors, are convinced that "monetary policy...moves the entire economy." ... Because of this proposed targeting plan, Bernanke is expected to act "More openly. More methodically. More predictably." Well, Ben might aim to do those things, but society, the economy, the credit supply and the stock market do not behave in such a manner. When you think you have them under your thumb, they have you.
Prechter closes with the following, very blunt statement:
Bernanke will surely reign in a bear market when every decision he makes will be seen as dumb.
This prophecy finally appears to be coming true. Prechter did not say it to be mean, but rather as a reflection on the position that Bernanke has put himself in. Bernanke has studied the Great Depression his entire life, and he's convinced that he can prevent the US from suffering another. "I will do everything in my power to ensure the prosperity and stability of the US economy," he said.
But that is far too large a responsibility for one man to take on, especially considering the mess that he inherited. The coming collapse will not be his fault. But he'll take the blame, which is already beginning, according to this NY Times article:
But in a disappointment to investors, Mr. Bernanke offered no signal that the central bank might soften the blow by lowering interest rates for a third time this year at its next policy meeting on Dec. 11...
And
Mr. Bernanke's message did not sit well. Wall Street analysts quickly criticized him for ignoring the real risk of a serious downturn. And at least one Republican, Senator Sam Brownback of Kansas, begged him at length to cut interest rates as soon as possible.
What can Dr. Bernanke do? No matter what he does, no one will be happy. His decision to raise, lower or leave interest rates unchanged will be met with severe scrutiny and second guessing as the economy worsens. Whatever happens, Bernanke will take the blame.
Prechter was right. After a brief honeymoon, Bernanke is starting to look dumb.

------
Just keep the printing presses humming along...Maybe a new war will distract the people...
or maybe an army of people living on the streets after losing their homes will get everyones attention...

davinci1952's photo
Sat 11/10/07 05:23 AM
WEATHER CHANNEL
Founder - Global Warming
'Greatest Scam in History'
By Noel Sheppard
11-10-7

If the founder of The Weather Channel spoke out strongly against the manmade global warming myth, might media members notice?

We're going to find out the answer to that question soon, for John Coleman wrote an article published at ICECAP Wednesday that should certainly garner attention from press members -- assuming journalism hasn't been completely replaced by propagandist activism, that is.

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create in [sic] allusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the "research" to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild "scientific" scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda. Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party, the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed but very gullible environmental conscientious citizens. Only one reporter at ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15 minutes documentary segment.

I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.

In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious.

Let's hope so, John; let's hope so.

-Noel Sheppard is an economist, business owner, and Associate Editor of NewsBusters.

http://media.newsbusters.org/stories/weather-channel-founder-global- warming-greatest-scam-history.html?q=blogs/noel-sheppard/2007/11/07/ weather-channel-founder-global-warming-greatest-scam-history

_________
with all the planets in the solar system going thru the same "overheating" you dont have to be a scientist to realize it is a historical cycle of nature....which would occur with or without us on the planet...our activities do not melt the ice caps on mars people...grumble grumble

davinci1952's photo
Thu 11/08/07 08:56 AM

It is time for a third party candidate...and he can win if all the people that have bought into the mainstream mantra would just vote their conscience...all the garbage about wasted votes...or pulling votes away from this one getting this one elected...it's all nonsense...

Ron Paul is gaining momentum...people should pay attention & watch less television...

davinci1952's photo
Tue 11/06/07 08:07 PM
Ron Paul...the only one that isnt bought & paid for

davinci1952's photo
Mon 11/05/07 05:00 PM
Hornitos...thanks...I appreciate that...

scttrbrain......the reason for all the genetic diseases these days
are written about from many points of view...we were created and
born into this world to eat living vegetation...and now we are eating
things that are made in the labs and are essentially drug substitutes...
artificial food substitutes....DU is part of the problem...

The scariest thing to read about is the innoculations that we give to
infants...and the possible side effects...we are experiments for the
government......

davinci1952's photo
Sun 11/04/07 07:48 PM
Desperate' Musharraf declares martial law

Declan Walsh in Islamabad
Sunday November 4, 2007
The Observer

Pakistan's president Pervez Musharraf imposed emergency rule last night, plunging the nuclear power into crisis and triggering condemnation from leaders around the world.
The action to reassert his flagging authority was, he said, a response to Islamic militancy and to the 'paralysis of government by judicial interference'. He said that his country's sovereignty was at stake.

Judges and lawyers were arrested, troops poured on to city streets and television and radio stations were taken off the air. Musharraf also suspended the constitution and fired the chief justice, Muhammad Iftikhar Chaudhry, who spearheaded a powerful mass movement against him earlier this year.

Last night police arrested opposition politicians and senior lawyers including the chief justice's lawyer, Aitzaz Ahsan, and Imran Khan. 'Musharraf is acting like a spoiled child, holding the whole country hostage. These are the last days of Pervez Musharraf,' said Ahsan as he was escorted from his home into a police van. Ahsan, who leads the Supreme Court Bar Association, said that lawyers would launch a series of nationwide protests tomorrow.
Soldiers entered the Supreme Court in the late afternoon where Chaudhry and six other judges said Musharraf's declaration that he would rule under a provisional constitutional order was illegal. Chaudhry was reportedly under house arrest last night.

Police sealed off the main street in central Islamabad and soldiers entered the state television and radio buildings. Private news networks went off the air and mobile phone coverage was intermittent. Shots were heard in several neighbourhoods of Karachi, where there is strong support for former Prime Minister and opposition leader Benazir Bhutto, who had gone to Dubai on Thursday on a personal visit. She arrived back in Pakistan to a rapturous welcome last night and immediately decried Musharraf's move as tantamount to dictatorship.

'Unless General Musharraf reverses the course, it will be very difficult to have fair elections,' she said.

The United States, which sees Musharraf as a crucial ally against al-Qaeda, had urged him to avoid taking authoritarian measures and called the move 'very disappointing'.

Late last night Musharraf addressed the nation on state television. He said he decided to impose a state of emergency in response to a rise in extremism and to interference from the courts and judges in the business of government. Pakistan's internal security has deteriorated in recent months with a wave of suicide attacks by al-Qaeda-inspired militants, including one that killed 139 people.

There had been increasing speculation that Musharraf, who seized power in a 1999 coup, might declare an emergency rather than run the risk the Supreme Court would rule against his re-election as president. US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said she was 'deeply dismayed' by the move and Whitehall expressed 'grave concern'.

In a statement last night, the Pentagon said the emergency declaration by Musharraf did not impact the US military support of Pakistan or its efforts in the war on terror. Spokesman Geoff Morrell said: 'Pakistan is a very important ally in the war on terror and he [US Defence Secretary Robert Gates] is monitoring the situation there.'

Britons of Pakistani origin were also urged to use their contacts to press home the message by the Foreign Secretary, David Miliband. 'All friends of Pakistan will be concerned by the turn of events today,' he said. 'We recognise the threat to peace and security faced by the country, but its future rests on harnessing the power of democracy and the rule of law.'

Musharraf had promised to resign as army chief by 15 November, with general elections due by mid-January. Those elections are now in doubt, as is a power-sharing deal with Bhutto. 'She is waiting to see if she is going to be arrested or deported,' Wajid Hasan, her spokesman, said.

Musharraf has faced numerous crises over the past year, including protests, court challenges and spiralling Islamist violence. Last week troops mounted a major assault on an Islamist cleric who has declared his own Islamic mini-state in Swat, a previously peaceful area popular with tourists.

But the greatest threat to Musharraf's power was the Supreme Court, which was due to rule in the coming weeks on the legality of his controversial 8 October re-election as president. As the result of an opposition boycott, he received 98 per cent of the votes. The legal challenge has now been quashed, but emergency rule raises a range of new problems including the possibility of widespread public protest and a further breakdown of Pakistan's battered state institutions.

Hardliners in Musharraf's political party, PML-Q have been urging him to impose emergency rule for months. But others have opposed yesterday's move. One senior PML-Q official, who declined to be named, told The Observer that the move was a disaster and predicted it would eventually spell 'the end for Musharraf'.

Human Rights Watch condemned yesterday's move as 'a brazen attempt at muzzling the judiciary'.

_______

Pay attention folks...with all the presidential orders in place Bush could do this without
hesitation.....

davinci1952's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:42 AM
probably in many cases like this you will find a history of sexual/ physical abuse
of some kind...course that doesnt make it right....

davinci1952's photo
Sun 11/04/07 08:36 AM
I still like Blacks idea..if you looked at the video...

put a parachute on a monkey...kick him out of the plane...
and the first person he touches on the ground becomes president...

not as bizarre as our current system...

davinci1952's photo
Wed 10/31/07 10:32 AM
Ron Paul...our last hope

davinci1952's photo
Tue 10/30/07 04:59 AM
5 min video here:

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/142651-Something-Wicked-This-Way-Comes

davinci1952's photo
Sun 10/28/07 08:15 AM
not surprized by this...there is a reason we have the largest prison system in the world..

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25