Community > Posts By > davinci1952

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 03:42 PM
I claim little knowledge of how wall street works...it all seems like legalized gambling to me...but this sounds serious...

Sales of New Homes Plunge by the Largest Amount in 5 Months, Adding to Wall Street Worries

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sales of new homes tumbled in June by the largest amount in five months, provoking new worries on Wall Street about how much the prolonged housing slump will hurt the overall economy.
ADVERTISEMENT

The Commerce Department reported Thursday that sales of new single-family homes dropped by 6.6 percent last month to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 834,000 units. The decline was more than triple what had been expected and was the largest percentage drop since sales fell by 12.7 percent in January.

The fall in new home sales was the latest piece of evidence this week of housing's troubles. Sales in the much larger existing home market also fell in June, dropping by 3.8 percent to an annual rate of 5.75 million units, the slowest pace in nearly five years. Also this week, Countrywide Financial, one of the largest mortgage lenders, reported a sharp drop in second-quarter profits. The company said rising default rates were spreading from subprime to more conventional mortgages.

All these developments unnerved Wall Street, where concern is growing that the problems with subprime mortgages could mean more widespread credit problems are ahead. The Dow Jones industrial average plunged by 311.50 points to close at 13,473.57. It was the biggest one-day point loss since the Dow fell 416.02 points on Feb. 27, when a drop in China's Shanghai stock market rattled investors.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070726/economy.html?.v=30

_______ and this....
NEW YORK, July 26 (Reuters) - The New York Stock Exchange said on Tuesday it instituted downside trading curbs at 11:06 a.m. (1506 GMT) as U.S. stocks fell sharply on concerns about deterioration in the credit markets.

The New York Stock Exchange Composite Index (.NYA: Quote, Profile, Research), which is used to determine when to begin trading curbs, was down 205.45 points, or 2.07 percent, at 9,724.47.

The trading curbs require that all program selling of S&P 500 stocks must be on an up-tick.

http://www.reuters.com/article/usMktRpt/idUSN2620083020070726

_____
SO what they are saying is that if the market is crashing you can only trade if you are trading upwards. I.e. buying, not selling....Does this sound wierd & contrived?...grumble grumble

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 03:29 PM
cbx...agree with you totally....DU is a fact...as is the mass murder of innocent people...
I have never understood americas ability to turn a blind eye to this massacre....shame
on us...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 03:25 PM
hey adj4u ....I agreed with you...
drinker drinker

this war was illegal from the get go...it happened for only 2
reasons...money & oil....

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 03:18 PM
cant argue the fact that there has been a change in corporate attitude toward
the workers in this country...not for the good...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 03:16 PM
so now we have a money spending war monger...
need a new definition...ok.....
lets see if dictator fits....yeah that works...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 03:14 PM
S4mredwine

DeFazio sits on the Homeland Security Committee and has clearance to view classified material

has nothing to do with being liberal...has everything to do with this administrations arrogance

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 03:10 PM
cats always act like they are seeing things that we dont...they are cool

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 02:20 PM
maybe they see the angels gathering...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 02:19 PM
there was a time in this country when people took pride in the company they worked for...cause they felt that the company considered them "part of the family"...generations of the same family would devote themselves to one company because it was fair to them...no longer...
no benefits, low pay....outsourcing...and outright plant closures have set the standards for todays worker...are there any middle class working people that you know who feel secure in their jobs anymore?...doubt it...everyone works in the fear that their job will end tomorrow...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 02:14 PM
obviously the 4 corporations that run the evening news (snooze) want
us to idolize and make heroes of these people...they would rather
have us at work talking about Lohan rather than the US trying to
overthrow the government in Pakistan right now...

did I mention only 4 corporations run the news on tv?...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 02:10 PM
liberals are the ones that spend spend spend...tax tax tax..right?....
never saw a government program they didnt like ?... (Homeland Sec maybe?)

we're 64 trillion in debt now....guess the liberals have been in power
dressed like republicans...damn!!! fooled us...

fool us once...shame on you..
fool us again...ahhh errrr....mmmmm

won't get fooled again!!!!...

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 02:01 PM
gee garden...sounds like you want to make this personal....did I call you out by name anywhere?

and yeah..know all about the Kennedys history..except they are not in power trying to destroy this country right now...

Alex...thanks...I'm certain I'm on any list they may have ...oh well

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 06:37 AM
The Business Plot, The Plot Against FDR, or The White House Putsch, was an uncovered conspiracy involving several wealthy businessmen to overthrow President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1933.
Purported details of the matter came to light when retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler testified before a Congressional committee that a group of men had attempted to recruit him to serve as the leader of a plot and to assume and wield power once the coup was successful. Butler testified before the McCormack-****stein Committee in 1934 [1]. In his testimony, Butler claimed that a group of several men had approached him as part of a plot to overthrow Roosevelt in a military coup. One of the alleged plotters, Gerald MacGuire, vehemently denied any such plot. In their final report, the Congressional committee supported Butler's allegations on the existence of the plot,[2] but no prosecutions or further investigations followed, and the matter was mostly forgotten.
General Butler claimed that the American Liberty League was the primary means of funding the plot. The main backers were the Du Pont family, as well as leaders of U.S. Steel, General Motors, Standard Oil, Chase National Bank, and Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company. A BBC documentary claims Prescott Bush, father and grandfather to the 41st and 43rd US Presidents respectively, was also connected.[3]

more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_Plot

davinci1952's photo
Thu 07/26/07 06:30 AM
How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

London Guardian | September 25 2004

Rumours of a link between the US first family and the Nazi war machine have circulated for decades. Now the Guardian can reveal how repercussions of events that culminated in action under the Trading with the Enemy Act are still being felt by today's president.

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

The evidence has also prompted one former US Nazi war crimes prosecutor to argue that the late senator's action should have been grounds for prosecution for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

The debate over Prescott Bush's behaviour has been bubbling under the surface for some time. There has been a steady internet chatter about the "Bush/Nazi" connection, much of it inaccurate and unfair. But the new documents, many of which were only declassified last year, show that even after America had entered the war and when there was already significant information about the Nazis' plans and policies, he worked for and profited from companies closely involved with the very German businesses that financed Hitler's rise to power. It has also been suggested that the money he made from these dealings helped to establish the Bush family fortune and set up its political dynasty.

more here: http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/september2004/250904helpedhitler.htm

davinci1952's photo
Wed 07/25/07 09:37 AM
guess I've reached a quandary point with JSH..this forum in particular...
there is news in the world that flies in the face of what we have been told..
it scares people to consider the validity of these things...and they respond
the only way they know by screaming "conspiracy theory"...or attacking
the messenger....for instance
a breaking story from the BBC...about our presidents grandfather...Prescott
Bush...the facts of which are totally supported thru documents in the national
archives...repeat..fully documented in national archives...yet if I was too mention
this story some of you would "freak out"....and attack me for bringing it up...

so....we will focus on the facts that Fox news gives us...everything is good..
the economy is great...the terrorists are nearly at our door...Iran, Pakistan, Iraq,
Syria, Russia & China..deserve to be nuked...and thats ok.. cuz they are bad,
there does not need to be full disclosure of meetings at the executive level of government,
cuz they are protecting us...open borders are a good thing..cuz our corporations need
to remain profitable to provide the middle class with all the great paying jobs that they
do...we must protect the homeland...

I think Bill OReilley should have a government job...so should Rush...and Hannity...
they speak for us....no doubt about that..

as for me...I'll keep my "crap news " to myself....
have a great day....

davinci1952's photo
Wed 07/25/07 08:38 AM
wait till they pass hate legislation... you'll
be jailed for saying "slurs"....dont laugh...
they are trying to pass the law...

davinci1952's photo
Wed 07/25/07 06:22 AM
not surprized....

noway noway

davinci1952's photo
Mon 07/23/07 04:45 PM
Why is this so unbelievable people?

davinci1952's photo
Mon 07/23/07 12:07 PM
Bush's Martial Law Plan Is So Shocking, Even Congress Can't See it
Executive über alles as member of Homeland Security Committee barred from viewing post-terror attack provisions

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Monday, July 23, 2007

President Bush's post-terror attack martial law plan is so shocking that even sitting members of Congress and Homeland Security officials are barred from viewing it, another example of executive über alles and a chilling portent of what is to come as constant reminders of the inevitability of terror attacks reverberate.

Congressman Peter DeFazio (D - OR) was asked by his constituents to see what was contained within the classified portion of the White House's plan for operating the government after a terrorist attack.

Since DeFazio also sits on the Homeland Security Committee and has clearance to view classified material, the request would have appeared to be routine, but the Congressman was unceremoniously denied all access to view the documents, and the White House wouldn't even give an excuse as to why he was barred.

"I just can't believe they're going to deny a member of Congress the right of reviewing how they plan to conduct the government of the United States after a significant terrorist attack," DeFazio told the Oregonian on Friday.

"We're talking about the continuity of the government of the United States of America," DeFazio says. "I would think that would be relevant to any member of Congress, let alone a member of the Homeland Security Committee."

"Maybe the people who think there's a conspiracy out there are right," DeFazio concluded.

The article also quotes Norm Ornstein, a legal scholar who studies government continuity at the conservative American Enterprise Institute, who told the paper he "cannot think of one good reason" to deny access to a member of Congress who serves on the Homeland Security Committee.

"I find it inexplicable and probably reflective of the usual, knee-jerk overextension of executive power that we see from this White House," Ornstein said.

The only plausible reason DeFazio was barred access to the documents is that the plans for a post-terror attack continuity of government scenario are so abhorrent that to reveal their true nature would cause a public outcry and lead to a major repeal of what is contained in the documents.

What we already about Bush's recent spate of executive orders, and in particular PDD 51, is bad enough - the provisions outline preparations for the implementation of open martial law in the event of a declared national emergency.

New legislation signed on May 9, 2007, declares that in the event of a "catastrophic event", the President can take total control over the government and the country, bypassing all other levels of government at the state, federal, local, territorial and tribal levels, and thus ensuring total unprecedented dictatorial power.

It is important to understand that, although these powers have been on the books for previous presidents, Bush is the first to openly brag of the fact that he will utilize them and officially become the supreme emperor of the United States in the aftermath of a catastrophe that the government itself has said will happen on innumerable occasions.

According to columnist and author Jerome Corsi, the power grab assures that "The president can declare to the office of the presidency powers usually assumed by dictators to direct any and all government and business activities until the emergency is declared over."

Also in May, it was reported that a high-level group of government and military officials has been quietly preparing an emergency survival program named "The Day After," which would effectively end civil liberties and implement a system of martial law in the event of a catastrophic attack on a U.S. city.

Last year we also exposed the existence of a nationwide FEMA program which is training Pastors and other religious representatives to become secret police enforcers who teach their congregations to "obey the government" in preparation for a declaration of martial law, property and firearm seizures, and forced relocation.

The documents that Congressman DeFazio was blocked from seeing likely interlock with both these programs and detail the overarching agenda to effectively nullify what's left of the U.S. Constitution and firmly ensconce George W. Bush as a supreme dictator.

Only by putting enough pressure on the media and in turn the White House to be transparent about what the secret martial law provisions are can we lead an effort to repeal them before the next terror attack, whether real or manufactured, takes place.

---------
s'pose we would under normal circumstances consider this paranoid rantings....but in light of the Bush attack on the constitution over the past years...and the secrecy that permiates this administration....this development is serious for sure...

davinci1952's photo
Mon 07/23/07 11:57 AM
it should become apparent to everyone that a goal of this administration is to destroy our military....leaving us at home completely vulnerable....I have a physical revulsion reaction when I see Bush speaking to our troops...Bush & co are evil....and worse...dangerous...

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next