Community > Posts By > thunderivan

thunderivan's photo
Wed 08/05/09 10:34 PM
Let's do a top 5 songs list like in the book or movie "High Fidelity" but let's place a scenario so we all can list the songs.
There's a girl you like working in the same office or she gives you the change back at Dairy Queen or she walks her dog every day and she passes by your house and you don't know how to approach her without looking like a stalker or if you're a girl, there's a dude there you like. The only way you can possibly get her attention is by playing music...what would be the top 5 songs you choose to play? These are my choices:

5.- Not Enough by Van Halen. "To love somebody secretly (and never touch), to love somebody honestly (and always trust), to love somebody tenderly, the tender touch it's not enough."

4.- I Want To Tell You by The Beatles. "Sometimes I wish I knew you well, then I could speak my mind and tell you, maybe you'd understand."

3.- Count On Me (Somebody) by Tonic. "If you ever need somebody, if you ever need somebody to love you, if you ever need somebody you can count on me."

2.- Sharing The Night Together by Dr. Hook. "You're looking kinda lonely girl, would you like someone new to talk to?"

Well, maybe you had Mexican food for lunch and you confuse those butterflies in your stomach with gas but you still want a shot with the girl but in some other way...

1.- (I Wanna Be)Your Underwear by Bryan Adams. "I just wanna be right there more than anything I swear, I wanna be, your underwear."

Hope you guys had fun and a good laugh with my choices.

See ya!!

thunderivan's photo
Sat 08/01/09 08:36 AM
Channelview Texas here...

thunderivan's photo
Wed 07/22/09 10:25 PM
welcome!!waving

thunderivan's photo
Wed 07/22/09 10:22 PM
Hi and welcome!!!
:wink:

thunderivan's photo
Mon 07/20/09 12:38 PM
all the ladies out there.

Shoot me down in flames if I should tell a lie,
I cross my heart in promise that is true.
I've been in love so many times before
but never with a girl like you.

With a girl like you
to hold and be beside,
with a girl like you
to fill my heart with pride and joy.

With a girl like you
I know where I belong,
with a girl like you
I know I can be strong, you know
I won't bring you any pain
I won't run around again
There'll be nothing to explain
with a girl like you.

You know,
I won't bring you any pain
I won't run around again
There'll be nothing to explain
with a girl like you.

The Rutles

thunderivan's photo
Mon 07/20/09 12:23 PM
The album "Desperado"...good choice!! One of my favorite albums!!

thunderivan's photo
Mon 07/20/09 12:04 PM
waving

thunderivan's photo
Mon 07/20/09 11:20 AM
Just wanted to say "hello"...new here and looks like fun!

thunderivan's photo
Mon 07/20/09 11:09 AM
I think both are great at what they do. Can't really choose a good song from Joe Walsh because he has many but my favorite "I.L.B.T.s" from the 1983 album "You bought it-you name it" is one of his funniest songs. Been looking for the LP "But seriously, folks..." for some time now and can't find it.
Don Henley is a mastermind with his political song writing "Garden Of Allah" is my favorite one but "Heart of the matter" took me 35 years to understand it.

thunderivan's photo
Mon 07/20/09 10:54 AM
Dedicated to all the latinas out there!!

Pxndx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8-JSZOm1I0

thunderivan's photo
Mon 07/20/09 10:19 AM
When I feel down I listen to a good rock song to get my spirit pumping again, "Best Of You" by Foo Fighters or "Helter Skelter" by The Beatles just to name two of them. But if I want to relax "Before The Rain" by Lee Oskar.