Tue 07/14/09 08:12 PM
More scar histories please. That's what we're about folks. Yup. waving

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 07:54 PM
You might feel a little pinch.

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 07:51 PM

top of my head.....knocked myself out with a 4ft pry bar laugh

Daanngg. Yup they be hard and break away suddenly. Severe bell-ringer wethinks!

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 07:44 PM
Ya gots to dance wit wut brung ya tongue2

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 07:40 PM

I don't think I have any scars. I have a few chickenpox scars. Got those for my 22nd birthday. THAT was a lot of fun!

Wow...I got you beat. I had the chickenpox when I was 30. Weird, because my Mom swears up and down that I had them when I was little.

Oh man, it was hell wasn't it?! My Mom said my brothers were both very young and just played quietly, no biggie. I, on the other hand, felt like I was sitting in a fire ant bed for about a week!

I suppose it's odd that I don't remember much about any of my chilhood diseases personally. Vaguely remember half as many dots as freckles.

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 07:37 PM

I have one on my forehead from when I needed 15 stitches because the tape dispenser at work sailed down on me from the top of the ladder. The ER doc did a wonderful job tho, you can hardly tell it's there...plus my hair covers it most of the time.

Tape dispenser... yup there's some serious serrations thar. Thanks for sharing your scar story! biggrin

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 06:44 PM
I gotta scar on my left shin about 4" up from the ankle where the skin is so thin. Slipped on an algaed rock wading fishing and it cut me. I said ouch and mo-fo summamubeetch. My doc said that it should have been stiched but the 24hr window had passed so I kept it clean and well cared for and the healing process / immunue system did the rest. I did take the tetanus and antibodies though.

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 06:15 PM

Hummm actually if the picture comes out right this one is on my right thigh right above the knee. We lived in Ranger Texas I was about 5 year old.
Ohhh the life of being a Tom Boy.............:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Very nostalgic!! Great pic!

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 06:14 PM

I also have a two tiny pieces of pencil led embedded in me, one in my right palm and the other under my chin, do those count as scars? How about stretch marks? Loved being pregnant but not the scars from it!

Judges? ding-ding-dingflowerforyou Stretch marks definitely count!

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 05:58 PM

The ones I would like to have explained are the third degree burns I recieved as a toddler and a ward of the state. The others I know about.

hmmm.. I'm sure you "caregivers" would rather that stay unexplained. Ouch.

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 05:45 PM
Then there's the time after the Blue Oyster Cult concert. I had been with my platonic g/f and her friends and came back late and didn't wanna wake up my live-in g/f. Started lifting a window and suddenly it got real light... because the window above it had passed the stupid bent nail that was holding it in so it crashed upon me head. A few stichies in the shoulder is all but lotsa sharp shards about the neck. A close one fer sure.

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 05:39 PM
You a wild one!! drinker

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 05:36 PM
hmmm... interesting. Sounds like more of a skin condition than classic scarring. I don't mean to minimize the issue but we should be concerning ourselves with more traumatic acute scarring. By-the-by, your arm looks great in the pic. waving

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 05:25 PM
Well Bob, I'm glad you asked. Those three small fairly mild scars on my left palm is from the time.. it was the early 80's I believe.. I was mixing some experimental gunpowder that proved to be unstable. It blewed me up.

ProgMusicFan's photo
Tue 07/14/09 05:23 PM
Every scar has a story. What's yours?