Community > Posts By > BigMikeNorth

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 02:46 PM

And a lot of women out there who don't have kids, want kids. Maybe a single mother would be good for you?

But i think you should definately state in your profile a little piece about your children

Yeah I checked the box on the kids but I will put in more detail

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 02:26 PM

I have the reverse problem. I HAVE to date somebody younger, because everybody my age has kids and expects me to submit to a domestication agenda. I need to find someone whose "turn-a-guy-into-a-goat" gene hasn't kicked in yet.

Absolutley pricelessrofl

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 02:17 PM

see personally, I don't have a problem dating someone with kids. However, I would be quite unsure. Most times, people who already have kids, especially 4, don't want anymore. And that is a problem for me.

Very true! I havent made a decission either way on kids... Guess it depends on the women.

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 01:55 PM
Kinda why this was more of a rant and complaining more then anything else. You guys and gals are the unfortunate victims of it.LOL.

I know what i need to do but it is also nice to have an outside perspective. I think better decisons are made when you see it through someone else eyes. Being that I am now residing in a community that is unfamiliar to me doesnt help either. I am 300 miles away from friends and family which may strain me a bit also.

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 01:48 PM
Absolutley! Perfect point. Most of the women I have meet have been women I have approached or been st up with. I should have heeded the warnings of not leting your friends set me up to.. Slow learner sometimes..laugh I do have something about my kids in the profile. I am new to this online dating thing too. MAybe it was a good step even if it was a bit out of character.

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 01:26 PM

smile2 That may be the problem right there.:thumbsup: Im sure you can see how being in a relationship with a guy with 4 kids could be a little overwhelming to a girl that doesnt have any kids.smile2 I dont think a single mother would have that problemsmile2

Point Taken! glasses

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 01:20 PM

My kids do live with me. Which makes me a bit strapped for time some weeks.

:smile: Have you tried dating any single moms?:smile:

Havent met any yet.. Would definatley do it though!

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 01:19 PM
rofl

That will happen.. Kinda nice reading these forums though. Nice to know you arent the only one with headaches... I do appreciate the critisim. Helps you look at things from another perspective.

Thanks Again!

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 01:13 PM

Just some understanding that to be the father I need to be; sometimes the woman in my life will get pushed back in line a bit

that's what stood out to me

there are millions of parents who raise their children together and manage to stay together, and don't feel any less, or more, important than the children they share.

why should ANYONE feel as though they 'have to get pushed back in line a bit'. gee, talk about not feeling important.

i'd never date someone that told me that up front.

i have three children and sometimes they are the priority, sometimes it's my partner and sometimes it's me. priorities change day by day and minute by minute. the adult needs to learn how to balance it all in a positive, non-lopsided way.

And thats why I put sometimes. Like I said this is all experienced based. Maybe I have met the wrong people too. It is definatley a circus balancing act. Adults should beable to balance it. Like I said maybe just the wrong ones.

THe search continues. :)

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 01:11 PM

Maybe to filter out the garbage before you have to meet it and take it out.

huh

Yeah maybe not the best way of wording it. I am sure all of us can understand with some of the people you come across..

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 01:08 PM
My kids do live with me. Which makes me a bit strapped for time some weeks.

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 01:06 PM
I don’t think it’s an attitude what so ever. That’s not a point of view but rather an experience. I surely do not go into things thinking that way... I can see where you are coming from, and I thought that way at first too.

I can promise you that I can get along with pretty much everyone. The dating is just new and different. I am sure there are mistakes I am making also. I am in no way naive enough to think I am perfect.

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sun 06/28/09 12:56 PM
Sorry but just a little rant and then I am done....

I have been divorced a little bit over a year now. It has been pretty good so far other then seemingly endless supply of selfish women there is in the world. Now granted I have been out of the dating work for 12 years, but should it have changed that much?

I have 4 children that mean the world to me and come FIRST. With the mentality I have been running into that is unacceptable. I can’t get a second date for the life of me once they know I have kids. I can understand to a point it can be an inconvenience, but there is no drama or headaches from the X.

I have taken a few long looks at how I approach revealing my situation. You really hate to keep something like that from someone you are getting to know, but how can you get to know someone that doesn’t give you a chance? Certainly lying isn’t the answer. I am lost.

Please don’t take this as an ego trip or anything. I know I am a nice guy. Loyal, decent looking ( I think ) and I have a great career. I am not asking or looking for a new mother for my children. Just some understanding that to be the father I need to be; sometimes the woman in my life will get pushed back in line a bit. You wouldn’t think this would be such a hassle. I guess this is some of the reason we turn to these sites. Maybe to filter out the garbage before you have to meet it and take it out.

Ok I am done now.. LOL Sorry for the Book.

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sat 06/27/09 05:34 PM
There, I added quite a bit. Hope this helps. Thanks a bunch for the help and constructive critisism. LOLbigsmile

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sat 06/27/09 05:27 PM
On it right now.. LOL Sorry I am slow to the computer game..

BigMikeNorth's photo
Sat 06/27/09 05:22 PM
Well How dos it look so far

2 Next