Community > Posts By > seaturtle43

seaturtle43's photo
Wed 06/17/09 04:02 PM
i'm just venturing back into the dating world after taking a long break and my kids WANT me to date. The check out the guys on the dating site, think they have to tell me who to be interested in and so forth. yeesh, maybe I should let them take over for me? lol. They are 14, almost 13 and almost 11. I have made it very clear that this will take time, if it happens at all, and so forth. They understand that and seem to be ok with it.

I agree not to intro kids to the person you are dating with but waiting until engaged? I could never even get engaged if the man and kids don't like each other and get along. Also, look at that from the kids point of view. I would have been horrified if I had a single parent suddenly out of the blue inform me they are getting married and I didn't even know about him.

Guess it's all a matter of balance.

seaturtle43's photo
Wed 06/17/09 03:50 PM
I tried dating for awhile after my divorce some years back and had no luck. It was like the word kids sent them scurrying faster than a mouse. Now that I'm older and therefore date prospects are older,(seems like the 30 something men were not wanting to get tied down with a woman with kids) I'm hoping that isn't the case.

hello everyone, I'm new here waving

seaturtle43's photo
Wed 06/17/09 03:41 PM
Wow, i have found some fellow coffee lovers!
drinker
I'm new, hello everyone. waving

seaturtle43's photo
Wed 06/17/09 03:33 PM
Thank you for your kind welcome! Maybe I should get a sea turtle pic for in here lol.

seaturtle43's photo
Mon 06/15/09 03:34 PM
Just wanted to say hi to everyone and wish everyone luck in finding their perfect match.

Seaturtle