Iwant2go2greece's photo
Fri 06/05/09 01:05 PM
I think she also added some Lemon juice to the apples, brings out flavor

Iwant2go2greece's photo
Thu 06/04/09 10:41 PM
Edited by Iwant2go2greece on Thu 06/04/09 10:44 PM
Professional Job Seeker AKA Unemployed.

Any1 hiring?

Laid off from Verizon Wireles: Experience includes Wireless Sales, High End Jewelry Sales, Customer Service, Massage Therapy, Limo Drving.

Thinking about starting my own business since since no 1 is hiring me. Either a Plant Care business, Delivery business, Home Consignment store or also considering a Non Profit for awareness & a cure for RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.

Iwant2go2greece's photo
Thu 06/04/09 11:25 AM

Mary's Jalapeno Hotwheels pitchfork love :banana:

Goat Cheese Log (I use an 11 Oz Silver Goat Log from Trader Joe's)

1 can or jar of Sliced Jalapeno Rings (sizes vary among brands)
If you find them in a jar, pick the one that has the larger slices in it. I like the Montecito brand from Smart & Final.

1 or 2 Tablespoons Finely Sliced Chives

Sprinkle of Garlic Powder and or Chile Lemon powder or Paprika

Rinse & Dry Jalapeno rings. Arrange on a plate in a circle, single layer. Slice about 1/2 of the Goat Cheese log into 1/4" slices or so. Cut each slice into quarters. Take each quarter, squeeze it slightly then roll into a little ball. Place the ball on top of one of the Jalapeno rings. You'll need to adjust the size of your balls (Lol) depending on the size of your cheese slices and the Jalapenos. Repeat til the plate is filled. Top with any of the garnishes you desire.

Cover with a plastic or paper plate. I usually use 2 sturdy Chinette paper plates and staple or tape the top one to the bottom one to secure for traveling to a party. Keep flat during transit.

This is a great little appetizer for or Cocktail party or a Potluck. Can be made hours ahead or even overnite.

Iwant2go2greece's photo
Thu 06/04/09 11:11 AM
The last 3 guys that I've dated were strongly opposed to gay marriage. They were all bachelors, never married, not good marriage material anyway, yet all opposed to allowing gays to pursue a right that they themselves have never engaged in and probably never will.

Iwant2go2greece's photo
Thu 06/04/09 10:18 AM
For Ahi Tuna I wrap the fish in some paper towel for a while to get the excess moisture out then coat it with some dry cajun rub then sear it so it's just cooked around the edges. Serve with a sauce of Lite Soy sauce, Lemon Juice, chives & some Siracha or other hot sauce.

For Salmon, I like to cook it with a piece of Rosemary stuck thru it. Use a thick BBQ skewer to make a little tunnel thru the fish 1st then take a long, thick piece of Rosemary and draw it thru. Cut off the ends. You can do this more than once if you have a long piece of fish. Season the fish on top with a dry rub or some garlic salt. The Rosemary flavor disperses thru the fish and the Rosemary skewer tastes yummy with all of that Omega Salmon oil on it.

Fish is best if u BBQ with the skin on then u can easily side it off with a Spatula after it cooks.

My friend, Mark the Fish guy who sells fish to restaurants & the Farmer's Markets advises to cook just till it starts to flake, most people overcook fish.

Iwant2go2greece's photo
Thu 06/04/09 10:02 AM
Not sure but I know that you can reduce the sodium content of foods that are packed in liquid by rinsing and or soaking in water before you use. Same principle would apply 2 foods packed in sugar.

Iwant2go2greece's photo
Thu 06/04/09 09:49 AM
Edamame; great snack to bring to a Party. Trader Joe's has a precooked bag 4 anout a buck in their frozen section. Sometimes I'll put them in smaller ziplocs and defrost them when I want a snack. :banana:

Iwant2go2greece's photo
Thu 06/04/09 09:43 AM
My old roomate who is from the South, where they bake a lot of pies told me the secret to making the best apple pie is to use as many different kinds of apples as you can find so u get the taste and texture of each one. She did make the best apple pie ever!

Personally I like Granny Smith the best but yeah the more variety for the pie, the better.