Community > Posts By > Jenanne

Jenanne's photo
Mon 06/15/09 06:04 PM
I work for the BOEPC (VZ) and it amazes me how many people disconnect their phone lines, dump the internet connection and snottily tell me "I am changing to Vonage" (or comcast or whoever). DUH! you need an internet connection to have phone service with a VOIP. The other major problem with VOIP phone service is that it basically SUCKS. The quality of the connections is substandard and if you lose power you lose your phone service. Not a problem in the normal course of ones life, but when some sort of disaster happens you are in trouble. cells phones only hold a charge for so long and won't tell EMS where to find you in case of emergency. If you really need to call your relatives to tell them you are ok or need help, a dead cell phone or a down VOIP phone won't help you.

I am not a huge fan of spending half of ones monthly salary on phone service, but if you are careful and ask questions about service, you can get a great deal on unlimited LD with all the trimmings, TV and a dedicated line internet service that's rated #1 in DSL service in the US.

Yes I work for Verizon, but I also believe in their products.

OK, Now let me have it...lol