Community > Posts By > millymayhem

millymayhem's photo
Fri 09/04/15 09:06 AM
I raised calves as a teen...and grew up with horses and goats...
I've also had pet snakes in the past...my last snake was so smart he'd climb out of his cage and hide on my stacked folded laundry! Eventually the cat got him. :(
I def find exotic pets neat. :)

millymayhem's photo
Fri 09/04/15 09:05 AM
I have...wait, let me rephrase...MY SON has an iguana...
WE also have 2 red eared slider turtles, 5 goldfish, 4 dogs, and 2 cats...
It's kinda like a petting zoo around here. :) I love it.

millymayhem's photo
Tue 08/25/15 07:13 PM
Well said!!

millymayhem's photo
Tue 08/25/15 07:12 PM
Haha. I loved this little list.
There's more...there's ALWAYS more...:)

millymayhem's photo
Tue 08/25/15 07:11 PM

So the past year has been a learning experience for me. Things I learned.

1. Dryers have lint traps. Apparently you need to clean them.
2. Don't mix reds and whites.
3. Read the tags. I ruined a few sweaters by not doing this.
4. Be frugal. Freeze leftovers and re-heat!
5. Don't assume that feminine products are all the same. Make sure you are getting exactly what they want.
6. This goes for hair products too.
7. Teaching your 16 year old daughter to drive is the scariest thing in life!
8. Boys don't always share their emotions but they can hurt too.
9. Knock before entering.
10. Don't let your kids feed the dog ice cream. GOD THAT WAS A MESS
11. Learn to forgive and love.
12. Kids need more that fast food. I was already the cook in the family but it took awhile to get my game back.
13. When your daughter tells you she baked a cake for you inspect everything! Oh look the oven was left on all day!
14. If you cant be strong for yourself be strong for them.
15. LOVE THEM and TELL them everyday.

Im sure there is more. Do any fathers want to add?

millymayhem's photo
Tue 08/25/15 07:09 PM
I have a german shepard mix named Luca Lei Li (rhymes with the instrument)...she was neglected and her original name was Lucy...I changed it because we both needed a fresh start.
I also have Vici Mae (an abandoned beagle-lab mix), Walter Carson (one of Luca's only litter of pups before I got her fixed...named for a good friend of mine), Mumu (Vici's daughter...my ex insisted we kept her because she's awful cute...black and white all over) and Chloe (the chiququa mix my ex brought into my house and left behind...I didn't name her at all)....all are mutts...all are perfect. :) And all obviously needed to come into my life.
We have 2 cats named Prim and Proper...Prim was from a friend and Proper is a rescue...and for obvious reasons, their names fit. ;)
We also have 2 turtles named Shy and Crawlie by my daughter...and an iguana that is the light of my son's life--who's name is Surgio. LOL I love how he spelled it. We also have goldfish--and yes they have names too...
I think I live in a zoo. :D