Community > Posts By > Emily3913

Emily3913's photo
Sun 06/21/15 03:16 PM
Before I had my daughter I always thought it was cheesy when people said stuff like "I didn't know it was possible to love someone so much until I had my baby" but it is true!! It is the most amazing,painful,scary, unbelievable, indescribable, and beautiful kind of love!! The moment you look into those beautiful little eyes you completely understand what all those "cheesy parents" are talking about. Its amazing and beautiful because there are moments where they want nobody else except mommy or daddy, moments where you are the only one that can heal their boo boos with a kiss, moments when it feels like the world has come crashing down on you until you look at them and realize that the rest of the world doesn't matter because you have the most important little person in your world. Its scary because you are responsible for not only yourself but another human being. Its your job to make sure they use their manners and have respect for other people. Its your job to make sure they grow up with good morals and character. Its also scary because every decision you make has to revolve around them! You have to make sure its not going to hurt them or make there life more difficult not only in that moment but also in the future, but you also have to realize that something that may hurt them in the moment could be better for them in the long run. Its painful because sometimes they wake up in the middle of the night crying because they are having a bad dream and there is nothing you can do to take that scared feeling away but hold them. There are times that people in their life that will hurt them and there is nothing you can do to take that pain away so you feel bad and hurt that they are hurting. It can also be pretty patient trying there are times when you just want to pull your hair out because they are not listening for anything!!! But its all worth it. You do what you have to do to make sure they have what they need and grow up to be the amazing people their going to be. You do everything in your power to protect them from bad things and bad situations. Although this seems like a book it still doesn't begin to describe the amazing joy and love that you have for them or they have for you, but I hope it gives you a little incite to what its like to love your kids.

Emily3913's photo
Sun 06/21/15 12:12 AM
Hey! I have a two year old little girl and I am trying to potty train her but nothing I try is working!! Ive tried a prize bag (a bag of little prizes she can pick from if she goes), telling her we can go to the park if she goes,sitting on the toilet while she sits on her big girl potty. She was OK with sitting on it in the beginning and went twice, but now its like shes scared of it or something she cries every time I try to sit her on it. Anyone have any advice?

Emily3913's photo
Sun 06/21/15 12:05 AM
Check out my profile message me if you wanna talk =)