Community > Posts By > Irishgirl64

no photo
Tue 04/21/09 03:10 AM
For many years I was always feeling tired through out the day when working and at lunch I would go to my car and nap at lunch just to get re-energized. When the lunch time naps started to not work I was caught napping at my desk through out the day by the Boss.(not good)
The boss took me aside to express her concern and explained she had been monitoring me for a couple of days. On that same day coming home from work I fell asleep at the wheel driving, lucky for me the only thing that got injuried was my car. Those two things where a wake-up call for me. Contacted my doctor and got a sleep study done.
The study showed that I had a bad case of sleep apnea. I have been on the c-pap machine for two years now and what a different person I am, no more a cough potatoe, more active and sociable and sleep like a rock a night. Best thing that has happened to me. My suggestion would be to contact your doctor and get that sleep study done. It will make a world of difference for you. The new machinces now do not make any noise so it will not disrupt your partners sleep. You have to types of headgear to pick from that is right for you. One that goes over the nose and mouth or one that goes in the nasval passages. Sorry to be so long winded. Best of luck.