Community > Posts By > silverwolf_109

silverwolf_109's photo
Fri 12/18/15 03:11 PM
Thanks again everyone...the scrolling back idea worked and now I am back to normal, with an empty inbox...lol. Merry Christmas to all of you, and Happy New Year...sorry, I am politically incorrect and proud of it.

:banana:

silverwolf_109's photo
Fri 12/18/15 08:32 AM
Ok, thank you everyone...I know it isn't just me. I will try that scrolling back idea, but in the long run I really don't think it will end up mattering. Most of those that contacted me always end up being in Ghana.

silverwolf_109's photo
Thu 12/17/15 11:56 AM
Hi all,

I have a new email message here, but when I try to open it, all I get is the note I sent to a lady a week ago,and if she replied, I cannot find it. I have tried clicking on everything I can find, and am getting nowhere. The mail header still shows a new message. Has anyone else had this problem, and ifso what did you do to correct it? Thanks

silverwolf_109's photo
Sat 07/18/15 07:38 AM
You are right about this...now, the real question is this: If the media isn't willing to do what it's supposed to do (be the watchdog of government), and most of the media outlets are run by people that lean toward the left, politically, how do we get past that? If the GOP isn't willing to stand up and do what is right, how do we get past that?

What nobody seems to remember, or care about, is that we have the power and the right to do something to make changes. The Declaration of Independence says that we have the right and the duty to alter or abolish a government that becomes destructive of the ends as laid out for freedom and liberty. The Constitution says we have the right of free speech and, among others, the right to peaceably assemble and the right to seek redress of grievances.

Think about those things for a moment, please. While there is the problem of a government that has become too big and too intrusive on both states and individual rights and privileges, the bigger problem is that we, the people, have let it happen. We keep putting the same people back in office, we keep letting them spend us into a national debt that can never be repaid, we keep letting them get away with coming up with more laws than were ever necessary, we keep letting them tax us to death, and we keep sticking to the same worn out two party system that has never changed.

How many of you out there are conversant about the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence, or any of the civics we were taught in school? How many of you can name some of the most powerful people in our government, like the Secretary of State, or the Attorney General? How many of you know where this partial quote came from? "A government of the people, by the people and for the people"? Maybe this will scare you into looking it up...98% of the people surveyed knew that Paula Abdul was a judge on "American Idol", while only 49% knew that the partial quote above came from Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. I don't know about anyone else, but that scares me to death.

silverwolf_109's photo
Sat 07/18/15 06:25 AM
In the first place, the guy is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Regardless of what he has said on the matter, he is entitled to his day in court, and that is guaranteed by the Constitution.

Secondly, there seems to be a disturbing trend when it comes to this kind of situation...despite legal rights when these kinds of allegations come to the surface, the justice system seems to be turned around and people tend to look at it as someone is guilty until he can prove his innocence. I'm not saying this specifically for Cosby. I notice it in every story that comes out about this subject.

Thirdly, there seems to be another trend...people let years go by before they start to say anything. That statute of limitations someone spoke of isn't the fault of prosecutors or the government...if people don't say anything right away, they cannot complain about the law itself.

Whether anyone here wants to admit it or not, Bill Cosby has already been convicted by the media and all of you people who start hollering "guilty" and the guy hasn't had one opportunity for a legal defense or anything. Let the legal system do its work, it isn't up to you or me to judge.