Community > Posts By > MensaGirl

MensaGirl's photo
Sun 04/19/09 05:21 PM
Edited by MensaGirl on Sun 04/19/09 05:22 PM

Locally, the frustration is the lack of "classy" places to go and meet people. Most people go to the bars to try and meet people but how will you meet someone when you're going somewhere people are generally heavily inebriated and aren't their true selves.

same here.

. . .

I joke with my friends about hanging at a library or barnes and noble so I can at least assume the men inside are literate...LOL

depends on if they're in the book racks or the magazine racks. looking at maxim or hot rod doesn't make one literate. lol

. . .

True. I forgot they sold magazines... they also sell childrens' picture books (No words), so stay away from there too!! LOL

And if they're holding the books upside down, you should probably just walk away.....

MensaGirl's photo
Sun 04/19/09 08:20 AM
Edited by MensaGirl on Sun 04/19/09 08:21 AM

Locally, the frustration is the lack of "classy" places to go and meet people. Most people go to the bars to try and meet people but how will you meet someone when you're going somewhere people are generally heavily inebriated and aren't their true selves.

same here.

. . .

I joke with my friends about hanging at a library or barnes and noble so I can at least assume the men inside are literate...LOL

MensaGirl's photo
Sun 04/19/09 07:58 AM
Edited by MensaGirl on Sun 04/19/09 07:59 AM
What I've noticed, personally, is how self-centered people have become in the past few decades. I realize I'm too young to have expeienced a time when people truly cared and were upfront and honest with those they encountered but it doesn't mean I can't recognize the cause and effects. This situation doesn't just apply to the dating world but even the economy. Companies used to actually be concerned with the well-being of their employees. But in the 80s when execs started the trend of having multiple houses, leer jets, real picassos on the wall of their offices they realized if they cuts costs with employee benefits including rewards, bonuses, and sub-standard healthcare it became a game of "keeping up with the Jones'" This mindset of companies has led the rest of us to have to fight and struggle to survive let alone have and luxuries in life. That being said, we've almost come to the point where we all feel like everyone is out to get us and we've become so guarded in our jobs that we take that same mind set into dating. We can't just be. We all feel we have to pretend to attract someone.

I guess I'm feeling massively philosophical today. Sorry about the rant. :)

MensaGirl's photo
Sun 04/19/09 07:41 AM
Thanks! We've technically been split for six-months and I'm tired of being alone. I absolutely don't want to jump into anything serious, but defintely someone to go out and hang with. "get my groove back" as the expression says.

MensaGirl's photo
Sat 04/18/09 06:37 PM
So, I'm fresh out of a five-year relationship... what the hell do you do to start over?