Community > Posts By > BOSSmusicman

BOSSmusicman's photo
Fri 06/26/09 10:15 AM
Oh yeah and David I in no way disagree that someone who will be there for you and be that shoulder to cry on is less important then a celebrity. I can't speak for everyone but I would think that most people would agree that a celebrities death means far less then say a best friends passing. I was simply stating why some people may still get emotional and/or talk about it a considerable amount. Good topic man :D

BOSSmusicman's photo
Fri 06/26/09 10:04 AM

I don't expect my life story to be on television when I die. Only the people whose lives I've touched would be interested in it. The celebrity has touched more lives then I have so more people would want to reminisce their history then they would my history.

Very well put :D I think that pretty well sums up this discussion. ImDavid had a very valid point about over reaction involving the deaths of celebrities. But it really does boil down to how many people in your life you effected. While their life or death is no different from our own the media and their profession permits them the ability to reach out to a greater audience. A greater audience in life...a greater audience in death. Makes sense :)

BOSSmusicman's photo
Fri 06/26/09 08:12 AM
Well each person will value life differently. Equally each person will choose what is worthy of mourning. I completely respect and value your outlook on this topic. However I have to disagree with your last statement. They MATTER... I agree family does matter, but just because you didn't feel their death was a tragedy, some people do. To say what matters or not is bordering on saying what is truth and what is opinion. And if you become an entertainer or a professional musician then it has in fact become real life to you. It is after all a profession. Another thing is obituaries are posted in the paper, people that were truly influencial on communities may even get a headline or a story based on them. I don't ever remember any headlines about MJ or any other celebrity for that matter saying "This person died and it means more then if YOU died!" They are simply honoring the memory of someone who dedicated their life to their art and the public. Many people use entertainment or music to help them get through difficult times. Listen to that certain song when you're sad. The song "Lean On Me" was played at my brothers funeral and will always have a deep signifigance to me. Many people look to these forms of media to help them feel more adjusted or normal in their feelings. So while I understand how you feel, there will be others that will take it more to heart and who are we to say their feelings are invalid?

BOSSmusicman's photo
Fri 06/26/09 07:31 AM
Ok I agree for the most part, however there are a few things I think we're missing here. As a nation of consumers, which is what we've become, some of the products we buy, become the heroes we aspire to be. Like Gumbyvs said George Carlin inspired him to be the kind of comedian he is. That kind of influence, that inspiration, is truly special. Granted Jackson, Carlin, Ed, and Fawcett are just people, but due to media and technology they were able to reach SO many people. A teacher, a doctor, or a fire fighter are great heroes to have as well but most people won't look at them in that light unless they've been truly inspired by one. I haven't been in a fire or ever had my life saved, and sorry to say most of my teachers were far less then inspiring so I too look up to famous musicians and comedians for inspiration and creativity. When George Carlin died I left work early and took a day off. That may sound silly to some but I grew up with him in some respect. I followed his addictions, saw him grow as a comedian and philosopher, and in some strange way it was almost like he was that distant uncle. That's the power of influence and a truly gifted entertainer, the ability to relate and persuade. With ALL that being said, I was in no way entertained by Jackson and I think any grown man that sleeps with young children and claims it's innocent and makes a habit of reconstructing his face is far from inspirational and I skipped right past the head lines silently thinking to myself "woopty-doo" That's my 2 cents on it. :D

BOSSmusicman's photo
Tue 04/21/09 10:31 PM
Yeah little stuff like having trouble finding a place to stay the evening always seems so negative at the time. But later on when you're telling the story to someone else it almost seems humerous and really adds to the story. We had a similar problem when we went to Eureka Springs. Because of the jazz/blues fest we had a problem getting a room. So I removed the back seat off this old bronco I had and made a bed out of the back and found a gorgeous place off road to park and it ended up really making the evening. Funny how stupid stuff like that works out lol. And would love Hard Rock Cafe btw. I'm a music junky and that would be completely up my alley. I even record music, but it's closer to metal then rock. Sounds like a fun trip though.

BOSSmusicman's photo
Tue 04/21/09 07:21 AM
I love road trips, and just seeing new things. Sometimes I go for a drive and end up 3 hours away just because I wanted a change of scenery lol. Eureka Springs, Arkansas was probably one of my favorite little quick 2 day trip I've taken. Just happened to have great timing and wound up arriving during a blues/jazz fest they were having. Amazing music everywhere and the architecture there is simply incredible. Victorian style businesses and homes not to mention nearly the whole town is built on a hill. Did you enjoy Memphis? What's it like there?

BOSSmusicman's photo
Tue 04/21/09 07:13 AM

Give us links where we can get your music. Or is self promotion not allowed?

Well self promotion is against the forum rules, but if we wanted to be technical about it lurchs_sister was promoting him :D So it's really just a fan talking about an independent artist she enjoys :) Soooo...I may not be a huge fan of country but now my curiositys peaked too. Is there a site we can visit to hear Pete's stuff lurchs_sister?

BOSSmusicman's photo
Sun 04/19/09 06:01 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome :D Feeling more comfortable by the minute :)

BOSSmusicman's photo
Sun 04/19/09 04:41 AM
So I'm new this whole online dating thing but have to say thanks real quick for making this site so easy to use and free. Very cool. And no I'm not kissing #$% to get a better rate lol. Just curious as to what gets peoples attention on here.
-Jim

BOSSmusicman's photo
Sun 04/19/09 04:32 AM
So yeah never been on one of these sites, a little bewildered and somewhat apprehensive. I'm a music junky and would love to meet someone who can talk music with me and happy sitting in at one of my many practices to give constructive critisism. Anyways check out my profile and give me a holler :D

-Jim

BOSSmusicman's photo
Sun 04/19/09 04:27 AM
Rickets by the Deftones

Love waking up to a little metal :D