Community > Posts By > AsprinKid

AsprinKid's photo
Wed 04/22/09 05:49 PM
Edited by AsprinKid on Wed 04/22/09 05:50 PM
I defend people's right to say whatever they want, that doesn't mean i respect the person saying it nor does it mean i respect their opinion. I think bigotry of any type is ignorance at its most basic level. I was merely using this case as a way of communicating those views. If the person in question is truly mentally impaired to a degree that makes him unable to be held legally accountable for his crimes then so be it. thats the law. but that says nothing of the others involved in the crime and THEIR role in allowing this mentally incompetent person to participate.

AsprinKid's photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:19 AM
Well this confirms my theory that KKK and mentally incompetent are synonyms.

AsprinKid's photo
Wed 04/22/09 08:10 AM
That is a beautiful way to to look at it. If that is how you see it then i have to say that we are actually very much in agreement.

AsprinKid's photo
Tue 04/21/09 05:29 PM

I see it everyday working at the hospital! No matter how many times you think you can get away with something in your life eventually it will come back on you, sometimes with a tragic end. I have very little pity for most of my patients. "Those that live by the sword, die by the same", either it be by drugs, alcohol or simply very bad judgment & life choices.

Well I would say that your lack of pity will perhaps bring about it's own karmic outcomes in your life. The buddha teaches that the compassionate person works for the liberation from suffering for ALL living things. Perhaps you could think of it as an opportunity to reflect on how you would want to be treated if you were to find yourself suffering as a result of the karma that you have created. Just a thought. Have a nice day.

Compassion and pity are two distinctly different things.

In caring for them i am showing "compassion" for their pain & suffering.flowerforyou

And the job you do is an admirable one. i have the utmost respect for people who heal others. However in judging people negatively or as you put it, having very little pity, we miss an opportunity to help others. I can be as judgemental as the next person and that is a trait i am trying very hard to change about myself. My teacher said something to me once that has really changed my life. This is a loose paraphrasing... "when presented with two roads always take the road that seems to be the hard one. When faced with people or actions that cause us discomfort realize that you are receiving a blessing. Hardship is a gift that allows us to grow and gives us a chance to exercise patience and selflessness."

AsprinKid's photo
Sat 04/18/09 05:49 PM

If Janeane Garofalo said it , it's got to be true!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAAHMDpk7Ik

this makes me sick and you wonder why the country is divided!

Just generalize us all Janeane and MSNBC

Cant we all just get along

Tell Faux news the same thing.

you realize that faux is not pronounced like fox, right? btw, the topic is not about fox news.

news has been editorialized for the most part for over a decade now. it's about ratings and agendas, nothing more. all the real reporters that have been doing this for decades are either dying off or retiring.

MSNBC is the furthest left and Keith Oberman is one of the most biased of them all. he has not one shred of credibility left after the last 8 years of nothing but whining and *****ing. he was much better on sportscenter imo.

He has no credibility with whom? The republicans who can't stand him? Fox that hates him? With that I would agree, but he was right in most cases over the past 8 years about the last administration. I have not agreed with everything on his show but most points he made about that administration were glaringly obvious at least to me.

Credibility as a journalist. He's about as credible as Rush. There is no argument there.

How does editorializing strip him of his credibility? He has never hidden the fact that most of what he does is just that, editorializing. It's not like he is pretending he is just a talking head reporting the news. I will agree that he is similar to Rush in so much as he has opinions and agendas and he pushes those unapologetically but that is where the comparison ends. Keith does a hell of a lot better job backing up what he says with something close to facts. i don't always agree with him but i have never heard him spew outright lies like i have with Rush.

AsprinKid's photo
Sat 04/18/09 05:36 PM
Edited by AsprinKid on Sat 04/18/09 05:39 PM

I see it everyday working at the hospital! No matter how many times you think you can get away with something in your life eventually it will come back on you, sometimes with a tragic end. I have very little pity for most of my patients. "Those that live by the sword, die by the same", either it be by drugs, alcohol or simply very bad judgment & life choices.

Well I would say that your lack of pity will perhaps bring about it's own karmic outcomes in your life. The buddha teaches that the compassionate person works for the liberation from suffering for ALL living things. Perhaps you could think of it as an opportunity to reflect on how you would want to be treated if you were to find yourself suffering as a result of the karma that you have created. Just a thought. Have a nice day.