Community > Posts By > BR28

BR28's photo
Thu 04/16/09 02:35 PM

If he says, "My kids come first," I'm outta there. Sorry, but his kids should be grown and out of the house so I can come first...and last too.winking

I always wonder about the ones who write, "I am a single mother of two kids and THEY ARE MY WORLD. If you don't like that, you should go jump in front of a steamroller." Why so defensive?

To me, if she has kids, it's totally OBVIOUS that the kids should come first. They act like this is some sort of novel concept or something. Like if they wrote, "By the way, I breathe oxygen and if you don't like it, you can go shoot yourself with a bazooka."

Of course, I don't date people with kids, so I can afford to be nonchalant about the whole thing.

BR28's photo
Thu 04/16/09 01:35 PM
Hey there Artman,
This may be coming a little late. Hopefully everything has blown over and she is no longer upset by the question(s).

I read some of the outrageous replys.

I recently left my job because my other half asked me to. My abitions and dreams have yet again been put on hold. I know that a lot of women would disagree with my decision to allow my husband to put a temporary stop to the matter. (Me working...) But there was a bigger picture.
The thought I had when I read your request for advice was may be she has different views, perspectives. May be there were circumstances, worries she had and asked you to quit.
There is a possibility that she will not see the relevance. She sees her studies as a safe way to a safe career as where your wrestling involved physical contact and literally putting yourself in harms way.

Explain to her that your dreams meant a lot and you gave them up for her. I am sure that if the circumstances of the question were different she would have said yes to you. My advice to you is to let it go. If she is as nice as you say and if the question was made because you were terminally ill and needed her home 24/7 you wouldn't even have to ask.

Much love,
Bea.:smile: