Community > Posts By > Looking4aDream

Looking4aDream's photo
Mon 04/06/09 02:38 PM
Wouldn't we need to use an "eye of the beholder" clause here? I've got several female co-workers and none of them can seem to agree on what "gorgeous" means between them.

Personally, if the shoe was on the other foot, I prefer natural, no make up, classic, down home looks to anything "model perfect" any day of the week.

And you can be as "gorgeous" as the day is long...if your personality sucks...see ya!

Looking4aDream's photo
Mon 04/06/09 02:04 PM
You got a lot of interesting replies, and the usual "mass defensive" "hey, we're not all like that!" from the guys. Point is, guys and gals think different. It doesn't mean you can't have what you want, but you have to realize that men think on a physical level primarily and women on the emotional. To alot of men, physical IS emotional in a sense, because that's the way their brain works. Are there a bunch of low lifes out there that will use you if you let them? Yes. But understand that we think on a diffent level, and physical contact with us works the way emotional contact does for you in many ways. I know most people don't put much stock in astrology, but I've found that about 90% of the time it's dead on with personalities. I don't read the daily horoscope and plan my day by it...I don't believe in fate. You make your own fate and the road you walk is the one you choose. But I've met enough people to know that when you are born had some direct impact on how you act and relate to and with other people. There are too many statistical reports in the dating and marriage psychology fields to back it up to laugh at it. I'm a Scorpio...married a Gemini first. She gave me two great boys...then when they were 3 and 4 years old she left. Just got tired of the "mom" and "wife" thing. Had I known before that Scorpios have the highest divorce rate with Gemini's and why that is so I just might have reconsidered my choice before hand. Second time around I married a Virgo...no sense of responsibility, horrible house keeper, won't cook, lost her job and wouldn't find another. Again, not a first choice for Scorpios but I didn't know then, but I do now. Take it for what it's worth...do a little research on the person. Not everyone is exactly like what they're sign says they are. Some people learn to curb bad traits, but for the most part...you are "when" you were born.