And every person who lets me pass by
Just helps me sink even deeper
You were the one who started this
Everyone just ends it
And my falling just won't quit
How will I stop?

Must I hit the bottom?
Will no one see what I can give back?
Just because she dropped me, am I worthless to others?
I have plenty to give
Just help me to live
I promise it won't waste your time
In the end, I'll be yours and you mine
Just reach out your hand, and everything will be fine
Just trust me...

ShadJV's photo
Thu 04/02/09 10:07 PM
Tear drops in the puddles
Rain drops on my cheek
So very different, yet they all feel the same

Those same tears, so insignificant in the puddle
Yet on the cheek, they bleed the soul

You promised forever, but the rain always comes
Washing away my sadness... and my joy

Is forever really over?

Whenever I cried, you would hold me
You said you'd do anything to make me smile
Now you do everything to make me cry

You said you'd always be there
I said I'd be there, too
I'm still here, but where are you?
Off with someone else

Love is like the rain
It is born when we're walking on the clouds
And as it falls, we feel the rush of life
Everything seems crystal clear
Until we hit the ground

And we sink lower and lower, eventually to the meaningless ocean
Yet somehow, it always starts again
The sun comes out again and pulls us back to love
Just to fall

Will someone catch me this time?
Take me on your cheek, let me seep into your heart
Let me be your tear
Tear of sadness or tear of joy...
At least I came from the best place...
...your heart

ShadJV's photo
Tue 03/31/09 08:29 AM
Thanks. ^_^

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 03:39 PM
Of course, you get all the girls drooling, I just get ordinary welcomes... haha, but yeah, welcome and good luck, I think you're taking the right step towards meeting that someone!

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 03:31 PM
I feel neglected. Jennawrenn28 got a lot more replies than me. Haha, kidding... maybe soon people will know when I'm just teasing so I don't have to always say that I'm kidding! ^^;

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 03:13 PM
hi

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 03:00 PM
Welcome and I wish you luck in you endeavors. I, too, am seeking my true love... so no stealing her! rant laugh

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 02:57 PM
I hope that wasn't a dis on yourself, cntrygrl4, you are quite attractive (albeit, a little too old for me, of course)...

But yes, welcome. I'm new too, haha... and definitely not a hot girl, sorry. laugh

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 02:45 PM
I'm in class, definitely wireless, haha. Gotta love a school with wireless all over campus... I'm just using the track pad right now, so no wireless mouse... (and wireless keyboard on my laptop would be quite pointless, haha.)

Rarely use wired... unless I'm in a dead zone where there is no wireless, but I hate those areas. ^^;

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 02:42 PM
Yes, numerous studies have already confirmed this, but thank you. Another reference to use in the argument for why video games aren't just murder simulators... :)

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 02:38 PM
Amen, brother! All you need in life is love... God is love, and the church is the bride of Jesus; so shouldn't the love between a man and a woman be the equivalent of that between Jesus and the church? Love is an endless act of forgiveness, and forgiveness is the choice to trust. Love is a promise... when God loves us, it doesn't mean He loves us right now, it means He always loves us... so shouldn't love be forever? Jesus loves us and is willing to give us another chance no matter what we do or say (trust me, I'm the epitome of that)... so shouldn't we always forgive our partner in life (God made woman so man would have a partner, an equal, to be with him in life) and always love her/him, even if (s)he has hurt us beyond belief? Isn't that what God's love is about?

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you said. Money, material things... it's all temporary, but a marriage is a union of souls, and souls are eternal. And love is eternal.

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 02:22 PM
Thanks. Though a writer is never satisfied with what he has written, all he can hope for is his reader to not just understand, but truly know what he has written. In other words, I did my job if you feel like you know me already, haha.

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 02:18 PM
Yes, honestly... a great writer doesn't make a great written work. No, rather, it's what comes from the heart... emotions are the driving force for which writing is simply the brush, and words simply the colors, painting the picture your heart is speaking. Yes, I think you should not change a word, unless simply grammatical or spelling changes... nobody here will have the love for this person that you are using as a palette for your paint, so they are not properly equipped for your task.

In other words, it is beautiful the way it is.

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 02:04 PM
Figured I'd formally introduce myself, even though I already wrote a couple posts... I just joined today, haha. This might be long... I'm a bit of a writer, haha.

So, I'm Jeff, though I'd rather go by my middle name, Vincent, but it never sticks, though I've had random nicknames from JV to JPop by my crazy friends. Born and raised in the Rochester area of New York, I turned 20 earlier this month and am a second year student at RIT. My major is game design and development and I want to minor in creative writing... honestly, I'm a writer at heart and writing is my passion.

Let's see, a little about me. I'm a male, straight, and I'm honestly on here because I would like to find the love of my life... but I'm not against making some new friends along the way. Though for me, a significant other is a best friend, and I never let myself forget that. I'm a hopeless romantic, unfortunately, and I say that because it's led to a lot of heartache in life. To make matters worse, I fall in love quite quickly and have a natural desire to rush deeper into love. However, I strongly believe that my princess is out there, so I will overcome all the trials I must until I rescue her. I still hold onto happily ever afters, despite all my hardships.

My past... I have a tendency of prefer not to look back at what has been, and yet I do anyways, even when I know it will hurt. It does seem to motivate me at times, though. As a child, I generally was an outcast from a young age, and, according to my parents, it began with an experience where all the little boys in Elementary School hid the girls' coats in some bushes to play a prank on them, and I didn't feel it was right and I told them where it was. Generally, the other guys would tease me because I always stood up for the girls and tried my best to respect them. The girls were nice to me, and my few friends were girls, but most of them still would rather hang with other girls. Middle School brought me to a private school, and everyone was nicer, but by then I was so timid that I would sit alone every recess, just writing and writing. I always noticed the girls whispering about me when they'd walk by, and the boys generally just completely ignored me. Still, midway through Middle School, a new kid came by the name of Ted and within a day we were best friends and I had gotten in trouble for talking in class, which was like the first time anybody heard me speak, haha. From then on, I starting forming a few more friends. By the way, during all this, from 5th grade on, I went from crush to crush, and eventually asked a girl out, only to have her cheat on me right in front of my eyes after I gave her a birthday gift. I went through a few more painful relationships, always ending up used or cheated on, and eventually it brought me to high school. In ninth grade, I met a nice girl named Christina who was a year younger but had skipped a grade and had the same birthday as me. We ended up going out and were together five years. Two years into the relationship, she was raped by someone who broke into the house, and it left her very emotionally unstable. A year after that, she dumped me, dated another boy, then got together with me while still dating that boy, and it was very confusing, but soon she was exclusive again. Four months later, I proposed to her. This past Valentine's Day, a friend told me he saw her cheating on me back in December, so I approached her to get her side of the story. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and trusted her, and she said she'd always love me, but a couple hours later, she texted me saying she never wanted to see me again with no reasoning, though I've talked to a therapist who concluded the rape may have left her bipolar, leading to the irrational reaction. We were to be married next fall. I'm well past that and have started trying to find love again. I'm a romantic and I strongly desire someone to hold and cherish. Also, my dad was laid off five years ago and has been out of work, other than a few temp positions, for this entire time, creating financial hardships for my family. And two years ago, my 8 year old sister was diagnosed with an extremely rare heart condition (less than 30 cases worldwide and each one is very different) in which there is no known treatment and she almost died. She currently cannot have more than 18 grams of fat a day. I look at my parents life and I admire their relationship; they've gone through a lot together, and it takes a lot of love, patience, forgiveness, and loyalty to be able to stay together through it all. When I need someone to talk to, they are always there, especially my mother. She has been a real inspiration to me.

As for my character... from what I've gone through, I've gotten a lot of maturity and self-sufficiency; though I haven't moved out yet, I am at the end of August. I already have a place ready. I've learned life is too short and unpredictable to always plan for the future. It is good to prepare for the future, but it is important to enjoy life right now. I love to dance, sing, write, talk with people, go out and have fun, stay in and have fun... there are times to be serious and times to be light-hearted. I love to laugh and make others laugh. For me, the greatest joy is lifting another person up and seeing her smile. I love helping others with their problems; it gives me purpose and meaning. My number one value in life, friendships, and relationships has been loyalty, and here's my definition of loyalty: always staying true to yourself and honest to another person without ever doing anything to betray his/her trust. My second value is forgiveness: letting go of past mistakes or regrets, giving another chance, and making the choice to trust, even if one is afraid to. Third, love: an endless act of forgiveness where one not only chooses to be loyal, but embraces it.

I'm sorry my introduction was basically an essay... hopefully you took the time to read through this. I am really looking forward to meeting new people and I hope I find that someone special soon, even if she's right under my nose.

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 12:36 PM
We all want to find love
We all want to be loved
We chase it around
We track it down
We try to catch it as hard as we can
But no matter what we do, we never can

Then, when we can't run anymore
We bend over to catch our breath
We resign from the hunt
For a day, for a week, for a month
Maybe forever, maybe not quite as long
Either way, we lose sight of love

Just then is when love comes up behind us
We don't even notice
We're completely unaware
Love knows no rules, though
Love cares not for our plans
Love jumps out of the bushes
It tackles us to the ground
And even if we fight, it wrestles us to submission
Rather than catching love, we are caught by it

It is so hard to let love play its course
It is so difficult to cease our efforts
But only when we aren't trying
Will love come to us

So go out in the fields
Live life, pursue your dreams
Throw away your expectations
Toss away your plans
Don't search for love, but be prepared
To look for it... but be vigilant

ShadJV's photo
Mon 03/30/09 12:08 PM
...or generally around that area. I'm 20, a caucasian male, and I'm looking for someone who's serious about relationships. I wouldn't mind taking it slow, but I don't want to be led on or hurt. Loyalty and devotion comprise my character, and I'd really like someone who can offer the same in return. More is in my profile...

I'd really prefer a girl who's the same age or younger, but I personally believe love is mostly a choice and only sometimes a feeling... if both people's values line up, what holds the relationship together is whether they are willing to continually choose and love each other. I will say that I'm a bit quick to fall in love, but when I do, I stay by her side until the bitter end, and even longer. I want a girl who won't mind if I treat her like a princess...