Community > Posts By > Medhunter

Medhunter's photo
Fri 05/01/09 07:54 PM
I'm in Jacksonville and have been for 10 years. Its a good family town. If you're single check out Tampa. Very nice. West Palm Beach and its surrounding areas are great too. Not much going on work wise in Jacksonville right now. Jacksonville is not a good singles town. Tampa seems much better. If you like big towns try Orlando. Stay away from Miami unless you want to feel like you haven't left the big city. Good luck.

Medhunter's photo
Fri 05/01/09 07:45 PM
Edited by Medhunter on Fri 05/01/09 07:46 PM
Nah, I was just pioping in to see who else is in Jax on this site. These boards seem ok but I'm just not seeing the activity level on this site in Jacksonville so far. We'll see.

Medhunter's photo
Wed 04/29/09 01:08 PM
Go Jags. Relatively new to the boards but been in JAX for about 10 years. Hi all.

Medhunter's photo
Wed 04/29/09 12:47 PM
I have to believe there are gentleman out there still because if not that would mean there are no ladies out there to match up with them. I believe I am one of them and honestly if you lived a bit closer SassySprite I'd happily open a door or two for you. But since you don't I thought I'd share a bit on what motivates a true gentleman. Maybe that will help you find one near you a bit faster.

Being a gentleman isn't as much about holding the door as it is showing respect and value for someone. I've found that people who do not value themeselves have a hard time placing value on anyone else. Also, people who over-value themselves have no room to value anyone else. So, to find a gentleman I'd suggest finding someone confident enough in themselves to know when to listen and when to speak. When to shake your hand and when to give you a hug. Somone considerate enough to ask if you need a refill on coffee or tea when he gets up to get his own. Someone who can see and fill your needs ahead of his before you know you need them. Not out of expectation but out of respect and a true belief that women are to be valued and cherished.

A gentleman will pursue only when given permission or at least a glint of hope. Its part of his makeup. He may drop a subtle hint but without any sort of reciprocation he'll move on because being a gentleman does take energy and involves being exposed so gentlemen need to be selective as to who they pursue.

I think I might be preaching to the choir here because a true lady can always spot a gentleman. But, maybe some of this will help.

Good luck Sassie :)

Medhunter's photo
Fri 04/17/09 09:25 AM
Single. First timer here.

Medhunter's photo
Fri 04/17/09 09:09 AM
Edited by Medhunter on Fri 04/17/09 09:11 AM

Medhunter's photo
Thu 04/16/09 09:20 PM
Ty Dan. Good advice.

Medhunter's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:54 PM
Hello all. New to the online thing. As a matter of fact pretty new to the dating scene altogether lol. So, I'd appreciate some constructive feedback on what I might want to think about for my profile. Thanks all and take care.

Medhunter's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:48 PM
JAX here. Somewhat new to the site. How do you all like it?

Medhunter's photo
Sat 04/11/09 04:54 PM
Freedom of choice, free will, human individualism. All cause for conflict and disagreements. What should be addressed isn't how to avoid these. What should be addressed is how to handle and deal with conflict in a productive non-violent fashion.

As long as we have differences, which thank God we do otherwise life would be rather boring, there will be conflict. I think conflict resolution would be a wonderful middle school required class. If we're going to really prepare them for the real world than knowing how to handle a disagreement effectively while avoiding counter-productive conflict would be a great place to start.

Medhunter's photo
Sat 04/11/09 04:46 PM
Smiley,

You are looking for someone that wants and desires to be with you, not your money. Both from a friend and a girlfriend standpoint that criteria will hold up. So, if someone is putting money as their manditory criteria for being your friend they are not nor will they ever be your friend. Anyone that starts out a relaionship commanding money WILL NOT change. So, make yourself unavailable and go out and find some real friends that enjoys your company. Not your wallets company.