Community > Posts By > tealbreeze

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 11:56 PM
Champion for abusers. I will remember this debate. sheesh.

Good freaking night.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 11:50 PM
Edited by tealbreeze on Thu 04/30/15 11:54 PM

I was a boxer and a soccer hooligan in my teens. I have seen plenty of violence when I was growing up in Glasgow, both to me and I dished�it out to guys also. I've did MMA ( cage fighting ) too, but one thing I've never done is raise my hand to a woman and i never would. What I would love though is a few of the cowards that I've read about here, in a boxing ring, with me and see how they fare against someone that would hit them back! Any guy who hits a woman, ain't a man, he's scum and a coward!!

I disagree wholeheartedly, there are few absolutes

my first husband was far from a coward, he knocked out plenty of men, he had no problem being hit back

I learned that as an adult, female or not, that I Shouldnt either

dont put your hands on others and they have no reason to hit back

but if you do, no right to complain if they do

as i said, the human response is fight or flight and we ask men to reprogram that natural response to interrupt it in order to consider the gender of the assailant,, great if they do,, but they are no monster if they dont,,

imho

Good! I'd love to get your ex man in the ring, cos he would get the shock of his life! Of that I would guarantee! Until you see your dad beat up your mum and you also on a regular basis when you're 5 years old as I did, then you'll know how I feel about woman beaters? Harmony, look before you leap, eh?

humans are diverse and quick to make every similar situation into the
SAME situation ignoring details

I believe all people can change, This was not a habitual or constant thing over the years we were together but an ISOLATED incident, but todays cliches would put my ex in the same detested category as all men that have ever laid hands on a woman

the details matter, if someone is beat up on a 'regular basis' its unlikely that assailant will change without something else changing him,, and that starts with LEAVING but doesnt require staying gone under some assumption that they are irreperably terrible and unable to grow or change

some are just terribly abusive and some are terribly damaged themselves, there are a range of DETAILS that make one situation different from the next

I do look, which is why I married someone who I loved and loved me, and why when we both snapped that evening, I cared enough to take space and give him space so we could both really explore what was happening in our relationship and WORK towards making it better

but today, people dont equate relationships with work, and such a notion seems unreasonable to them when just leaving FOREVER and villifying is so much easier

Even Police officers have regulations when approaching the mentally unstable.

I believe in Karma. Not forgetting. Not forgiving is fine with me too as long as my abusers continue to give me space.

I have a life. Not them it is not my concern.

Why is your concern for abusers? WTF?

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 11:44 PM

Violence includes but is not limited to physical abuse...

The gas lighting mentioned is much much worse... It causes the victim to be in conflict with themselves, and the doubt that ensues further empowers the abuser, since the victim is now in doubt if there was abuse taking place to begin with.

That is most likely the reason that abusers are not reported or criminally convicted, to begin with.

The longer and more elaborate the information becomes twisted by the manipulator, the more difficult it is for the victim to report such incidences. In the end, the manipulator moves on to the next target, without so much as a slap on the wrist.

In the end, it is about the maintaining control while controlling someone else. The first to lose control -- usually the victim, ends up being looked down on, laughed at, mocked, ignored, or even identified as the person with the problem. While the abuser just watches and is entertained by everything unfolding, and only has to keep appearances and pretend to be something that they are not. Those who are equally entertained by such a vile disregard of and atrocities against human dignity and worth, are no less guilty of such crimes of violence...even when they are not charged or convicted by a court of law, and regardless their position in society.

This is the essence of all abuse.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 11:42 PM
Edited by tealbreeze on Thu 04/30/15 11:43 PM

abuse: physical maltreatment

so an abuser is one who uses physical maltreatment,, there is no mandate that they do it forever or never stop

everyone can change

You have no clue what you are debating this time, harmony.

odd, since the definition is straight from websters and I have personally lived through just the type of 'change' that the op asked about

Gonna put off all the mental, emotional, and verbal abuses too?

Tell me, how many broken bones, busted lips and black eyes have you had in that ONE little disagreement?

the thread was pretty specifically about VIOLENCE
the use of physical force to harm someone

does abuse only count if bones are broken? I had one busted lip and two black eyes,, whatever significance that has,,,,

From that ONE disagreement? And you kissed and made up?

Obviously, he is not in your life anymore. I guess it was not the kind of change that could be suppressed and most likely came out in other ways after your supposed miracle counseling.

Abusers do not change.

no humans do not change, they will always have flaws,, those flaws arent 'abuse' coming out in different ways

we seperated for reasons that were about trust, not violence or abuse on any level

lol, trust could be construed as mental, emotional, and verbal.

Lessons learned for me. Never, ever trust an abuser again. No second chances.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 11:37 PM

so an abuser is one who uses physical maltreatment,, there is no mandate that they do it forever or never stop

everyone can change

odd, since the definition is straight from websters and I have personally lived through just the type of 'change' that the op asked about

Tell me, how many broken bones, busted lips and black eyes have you had in that ONE little disagreement?

the thread was pretty specifically about VIOLENCE
the use of physical force to harm someone

does abuse only count if bones are broken? I had one busted lip and two black eyes,, whatever significance that has,,,,

From that ONE disagreement? And you kissed and made up?

Obviously, he is not in your life anymore. I guess it was not the kind of change that could be suppressed and most likely came out in other ways after your supposed miracle counseling.

Abusers do not change.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 11:31 PM

everyone can change

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 11:28 PM

everyone can change

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 11:21 PM
Edited by tealbreeze on Thu 04/30/15 11:23 PM

seriously, if someone hits you tell them sorry and kiss them?

shocked

Come on...... see my bigsmile bigsmile ! I was serious.... that was what my husband did the one time I hit him cos' he said something that got me so so mad, I smacked him on the shoulder, he said sorry and we made up!

But frankly, I am just trying to point out the difference when a woman hits a man, and when a man hits a woman...... whether in retaliation or to provoke, the end result is different.

We are never a match to a man's strength, even if he is smaller in stature or similar.

so we should be ever more hesitant to hit them in the first place,, fight or flight is a natural response,, regardless of gender

for a man to hit you BACK, in my opinion, is just a natural reaction if you are both adults

I agree...Msharmony! That was the only one time, and I am glad he did not hit back. And if I have painted myself bad here because of my admission, so be it...I did it, I admit it. And I learn from it and never did it again.

What I am trying to say here is, we hear everyone saying someone hit them, and they are in an abusive relationship/marriage and what should they do... and then everyone would come out in droves to say their piece..... and always, they are against it. And in your case, give them a 2nd chance?

What I would really really like to know is....... who, in Mingle, DARE TO ADMIT that they have ever raised their hands, being abusive, whether physically or mentally or in other ways.

good question, I have never been abusive, I did go through growing pains with my first when he lashed out physically, but it did actually happen only once between us, followed by true remorse, and counseling and no other incidents,,,

And thank God for that.. you are lucky. In my opinion your case is rare ( where it only happens once, much rarer then the repeat offender odds.)

but have you ever been "decked" by a man.. I mean flat out punched.. laid out... by a physically stronger person. because unfortunately I think many women have. And I think more then we know about.. because they don't or are not allowed to talk about it.. (i.e., the other part of abuse.. mental)

actually yes, that one time, when an argument escalated into me repeatedly poking in his head and he finally responded physically, this was a man who had knocked grown men out and it was stupid of me to put my hands on him

not to justify , but to argue that he wasnt a monster, he was human with a human reaction,,,

Well, I'm sorry your husband knocked you out.. what can I say??.. You learned a lesson about poking him???..is that it?. well o.k.? I don't know what to say to that?.

I suppose to each is own... I know of many woman who ( once they came to) would have left him.

well, yes, I had no more right and was no more justified to be poking him than he had to hit me,, my vagina doesn't excuse my part

but

who said I didnt leave? the question was do you trust someone can or has changed,,for me the answer was yes

we seperated while he got himself together, and then he had a second chance because he had obviously changed

Then you were not abused.

Abusers do not change.

eta:

start another thread and debate exactly the varying degrees of how hard a smack is.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 10:32 PM
Edited by tealbreeze on Thu 04/30/15 10:33 PM
Records can be sealed.

Finding and investigating can be very difficult when the abuser has lived in 7 different states and more counties.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 10:13 PM

My ex used gaslighting and was very good at it. I mostly would come back with facts because he twisted the truth so much. I got loud and did my share of cussing. I have only defended myself. I don't like drama or being angry or hurt

Gaslighting or gas-lighting is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

I was exposed to this also. Very detrimental.

I'm sorry yellowrose. flowerforyou

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 09:12 PM

most say that you the victim antagonized them in some way
that you asked for it or had it coming
that if you had just kept your mouth shut and been sweeter and did what they said it never would have come to this

abuse can be more than just getting punched or kicked or having a chair thrown at you or choked

it can be not allowing you to leave, taking your keys, your purse
it can be controlling you so that you do not have access to a car, a phone or the bank account
separating you from your friends and family
isolating you so that you are easier to control
it can be saying mean and insulting things to you such as
you are stupid, fat or ugly as a way of undermining your self esteem
keeping track of your every move

all the while telling you that they have what is best for you in mind

I think this reality of what really goes on, goes hand in hand with Ame. :heart:

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:54 PM
I have nothing to admit to except a smart mouth. embarassed

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:42 PM
Shinedown - Simple Man

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:36 PM
Shinedown - Through The Ghost

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:16 PM
Shinedon - Sound Of Madness

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:10 PM
mmmm, thoughts of green goo. laugh

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 08:07 PM

So according to these studies, I need to find me a big boob gal whilst in line for my Egg McMuffin. Ok....got it!
I dont buy McDonald's goof . but does that just come In One size ?

He's going to take that new job offer and go with the little fries.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 07:58 PM
stop feeding the neighborhood!laugh

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 07:00 PM
Gone! General's gone from my sight again. Can't take the liar believing itself again.

no photo
Thu 04/30/15 06:50 PM
laugh

Do you eat oranges?

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25