Community > Posts By > Craic van Bro

Craic van Bro's photo
Sat 04/27/24 10:04 AM
It's not a gender limited trait unfortunately. It's a by-product of spontanaity with short attention span cultivated by the social media world and era we are in. Beyond the newspaper classified where it actually once took effort and a longer time interval between reading a classified and responding, bad behaviour can magnify and becomes a worse problem today. I hate to say 'toxic masculinity', but unfortunately when you get a 'nudge' or a 'like', or sometimes receive an instant message from a member online with an empty profile (except for 'selfie' photo which is meant or supposed to increase your chance of success and a 'match' here) a few male egos can certainly be wounded and a nasty reply follow- once the guy who 'liked' your profile actually takes that respectful time to actually read the profile. Sad.

Craic van Bro's photo
Sat 10/07/23 10:40 AM
Having the respect to read the profile is so basic, essential if anyone is genuine about seeking or cultivating any mutual relationship. Click likes... 90% voyeurism, fickle, nothing more.

Craic van Bro's photo
Mon 02/06/23 12:04 AM
I expect culture aside, men of a generation in N/A with attachment, or dis-attachment issues will still find answers difficult. Out of want to 'do the right thing' in midst of rapid societal change it is tragedy, but with the shift there is remnant but very real reisdual sadness of lost opportunities. Extreme irony but (I believe) no one gets credits for lost times an opportunity 'back'. A nihist's torture.