Community > Posts By > No1phD

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 04:11 PM
Edited by No1phD on Mon 02/11/19 04:11 PM
.. date night...
Burgers and then a movie...
Tip
I try not to go any place expensive fancy before a movie it just adds too much to the total cost of the night ..
But a burger and then the movie is doable

Fancy schmancy... dinner.. take her or him to a nice restaurant... seafood restaurant
...steakhouse.... The keg for instance.. . Or find some place that you're not familiar with..or you've drove past and always wanted to go check it out... dinner for two usually around $130.00 $140.00.. but don't just go for dinner try to include.. some type of activity before or after even if it's just walking around a bookstore together or going into HomeSense.

Fantasy window shopping at your local mall... followed up with a drink and appetizers.... it's fun to go in and try things on that you would not normally Try on..
.. expensive shoes.. coats... pick things out for the other person to try on....

Go visit your local touristy places..
Museum. art gallery.. Zoo.....

Date night is all about doing things you normally don't do . .it's not like running errands together.. going to Home Depot or the grocery store.. although those are nice date nights as well..lol... it's about connecting with one another as people and lovers..

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 12:37 PM

Stay the f%#* away from anything to do with 'mental health' there pre orchestrated agenda will do you far more harm than good
Can you clarify what you mean exactly?..
Are you saying if you feel you need some help in your mental health you should stay clear of the professionals?

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 12:28 PM
Love can be bitter sweet as well...
Like when you realize you need to be loved
But push away everyone the tries to love you.

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 12:11 PM
From me to you Mingle...
You have being a close friend of mine .. off and on for a long time ...
It's hard to put in words how much you mean to me.. how grateful I am to have a friend like you ..how grateful I am to have a friend that can listen quietly .. to let me rant on and on about whatever. Without judgment.. but acceptance !of who I am and giving me what I need... allowing me this place..To speak my mind.. a comfortable place to laugh out loud.. a safe place to connect with other people... I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I appreciate.. all you have done for me and those like me... you will always be the light in the Darkness.. sincerely.No1phd

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 11:38 AM
That is a tragically sad piece ..
That speaks on so many levels...
It's a visceral gut punch...

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 10:16 AM
Homemade chili.. with chunks of steak in it..
Caesar salad on the side...

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 10:12 AM
My boys.
A sunny day .
Full tank of gas

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 09:47 AM
.. Now That I'm Older my confidence in myself is solid. I have no problems being out and about.. luckily I still do not see myself as good looking.. so I don't have a super big ego...lol. which my sister's always. Say they're grateful for because I would be insufferable otherwise .lol.. but I still have some social anxieties.. when going to dinner parties.. or meeting new people... I find making small talk horribly awful.. but I realize it's because most people have not a lot to say.. or anything really interesting.. to talk about.. I don't like small talk I like having conversations on a deeper more meaningful level... but I realize some of my anxiety comes from the fact.. that my own life isn't all that interesting.. but that is something that can always be changed...

And I guess that's the underlying current with anxiety... you have to learn to do what you can about what you can and don't get so hung up about the things you can't change... you have to learn to get out of your own head space... accept yourself for who you are.. sure !sure!.. you can always go to the gym, dress in different clothing.. get a haircut.. change your eating habits.. but at the end of the day you still are going to be who you are.. seek out like-minded people.as your self.. don't change just to fit in to a certain group... but at the same time if you want to be seen as more interesting..well.. read a book.. travel..
Go to the art museum.. take up painting...
You have One Life to Live... live it! don't hide in the shadows.. of your anxieties.....
Take action... be happy with who you are...

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 09:32 AM
When I was younger I suffered horribly with social anxiety.. but I believe mostly it was the lack of confidence in myself... I felt like I did not quite fit in with the norm.. I was tall and thin and awkward. My sisters would say I was handsome but I never really believed that... I had a few good School friends... but I was not popular by any means.. my lack of confidence in myself.. myself criticism of the way I looked... kept me mostly to myself.. I suppose being the only male in a family of five did not help... I never really learned how to connect with other Men.. was not a big hunter, fisher or Motorhead.... I suppose I was what they call today a metrosexual man... back then they didn't really have a word for it.. I was sensitive to the needs of others.. did not have a problem expressing myself..my emotions..
I had a good fashion sense.. I connected with women easier than..men.. but giving my upbringing .. that was natural . but it always made me feel a bit like an outsider..

No1phD's photo
Mon 02/11/19 08:54 AM
Put off having that cigarette...
If you're going to quit you actually have to quit... not just say I'm quitting... as I light up a cigarette...

No1phD's photo
Sun 02/10/19 06:35 PM
So..what would you like for Valentine's?
Any good ideas?

No1phD's photo
Sun 02/10/19 06:33 PM
This..and. tv..

No1phD's photo
Sun 02/10/19 06:32 PM

Making me laugh ... what a lovely surprise :wink: waving

Hi you .waving ..can not respond to your messages I can only receive..for some reason..whoa

No1phD's photo
Sun 02/10/19 06:31 PM
Can receive messages but cannot respond for some reason ...still have not received my verification code not in my spam or my email... requested resend three times... still nothing..in my inbox.... why can I not send messages but I can receive them?

No1phD's photo
Sun 02/10/19 10:48 AM
Thinking I need to get out the door and get some errands ran.. but it is a little cold out.. well okay a lot cold out... but I want to make chili.. and unfortunately the ingredients just aren't going to show up at my door LOL....and it's nice to get out and about... who knows who you might meet

No1phD's photo
Thu 02/07/19 04:52 PM
Not as cold as yesterday but still cold out...
Brrrrr

No1phD's photo
Thu 02/07/19 04:50 PM
Counting down the minutes until I go pick up my sweetie pie... to pass the time I'm posting on here .. I've already cleaned the place did the dishes prepped for dinner...

No1phD's photo
Thu 02/07/19 04:45 PM
Sadly yes !..being in love our relationship does have a cost... anniversaries ,birthdays special occasions, Valentine's Day....

You can spend a little or a lot... but at the end of the day you need to do something...
For your loved one... even if they say it's not necessary...But. believe me!! it's necessary...lol...

No1phD's photo
Thu 02/07/19 04:41 PM
After a breakup or divorce. Or loss of job you can sometimes feel as though you have lost your identity... your purpose for being...
.. we often attach are identity..
(Who We Are) . To our relationships are even our career..

I have children I'm a father or a mother. That's my identity that's my purpose

I am somebody's partner somebody's lover.
That gives me an identity that gives me purpose

We do the same thing with jobs..

I'm electrician that's my purpose my identity....

We do this so often that we forget sometimes who we really are...

Especially if you lose any of the above-mentioned job, relationship..kids

You may find yourself wondering who you are!. when you no longer have these things in your life.... who am I ?what's my purpose?
If I'm no longer an electrician or if I'm no longer in a relationship if I'm no longer a mother or father.. it can be disturbing! Earth shatteringa.. to come face-to-face with the reality ..That you no longer Know Who You Are... or your purpose in life is no longer there.... I remember when I first left my marriage.. The first time I went to the grocery store and found myself, buying the same things in bulk that I used to when I was feeding a family of four. even though I no longer needed things in bulk... I found myself missing some of the old routines picking the kids up dropping them off.... running errands together as a couple..
Household chores even.. those things that used to give my life meaning.. gave me an identity or purpose... but now you are faced with reality... that you have to find out who you are what interest you.. what do you like or don't like.... what motivates you... It's A Brave New World.. going it alone.. rediscovering Who You Are... . Finding meaning a purpose your identity... starting over...

. any helpful advice?.. little antidotes?.. have you yourself struggled to find your identity.. and how did you manage..

No1phD's photo
Thu 02/07/19 02:23 PM

So.. at a certain point in your life!.. you realize there are more years behind you than there are ahead of you.. now I don't consider myself old by any means.. and I never really thought of my mortality.. and if I did I could easily dismiss it and not give it a second thought....but.. recently.. like in the last 3 months... I find myself waking up in a cold sweat . And slightly panicked . In the early morning hours over the thought of my own demise..lol.. and regrets... and all sorts of thoughts I never gave much married to...now.. am I losing my marbles our at a certain age do we all go through this Phase ??
you lost your marbles when we first met laugh that was four years ago !!!!!

As for regrets .. I could make a guess at what one regret is laugh laugh

.. you mentioned your girlfriend ... so you are not really alone ... unless she is inflatable

Cheer up no.1 .....as you age .. quite likely your memory will age ..you will live in the now and forget what lies ahead .... now would you like me to go diaper shopping with you laugh laugh laugh just kidding .. you know i have your back :heart:
I missed your Carefree attitude and your great sense of humor..alot...
No not ready for diapers quite yet..lol..
And I'm looking forward to not remembering yesterday.. but only what's in front of me....
. And no she is not the blow-up type ...lol