Community > Posts By > OneMind

OneMind's photo
Sun 04/19/09 03:47 PM

So... I seem to have a problem.. or ...something:

I feel as though I turn men gay and/or gravitate gay men to me. My first relationship ended up with my ex boyfriend turning gay and experimenting with guys and such.

My second relationship... though he never came out of the closet.. I am fairly certain that he was and is gay.

The last relationship I was in.. well he didn't officially go gay but he did admit that he used to think that he liked guys...

And while those are the only times that relationships have gone the wrong way.. in the past two days I have two gay guys compliment me.. but it was rather obviously that they were gay.

WHAT THE CRAP? Where are all the straight men? And why can't they compliment me? Not that I don't like gay guys.. but they are into guys so obviously it would never work out =P

Do I have a problem here?

Does anyone have this same issue?

To be fair, the only guy you can positively identify as gay in that group of guys you mentioned, is the your first. The second "gay" identification is tenuous at best and unfair to him (and flamboyant straight men everywhere) at worst. The third told you something that at best identifies him as confused,and at worst, Bi. I think you are putting far too much energy into this worrying business; three men is hardly a sufficiently large sampling to base any sound conclusions on. You are a very attractive woman (compliment from a straight man - I promise you that!!!)and still young, you have years ahead to attract straight men and you will, so stop obsessing over the one confirmed gay boyfriend and get on with a full life. After all - it's raining men around here!

OneMind's photo
Sat 04/18/09 02:14 PM
Edited by OneMind on Sat 04/18/09 03:10 PM

He is a Rhodes Scholar. Id say that makes him brilliant. In a debate, he would tear Obama apart.

Obama would not be intimidated by him in the least or be torn up him. We are talking about Jindal right? No way would Obama have a problem debating Jindal.

Its my hope that you and others continue to underestimate him. He is the perfect challenger. He takes away the time and tested left wing wedge issues. You can't call him an old out of touch white guy that doesn't know how many houses he owns. You can't call him a racist. You can't make the claim that Obama is more intelligent. He has a record as Governor that shows results in one of the poorest states in the union. The list goes on and on. Keep up the good work...

Why can't he be called a racist? Because he hasn't said anything racist yet? Fair enough, but the same could be said for most of the other Republicans - of whatever race - in the senate and or congress. Who knows what he really feels about people of other races? Is it because, 1.) you don't think he's white, and therefore, 2.) he can't be racist? A questionable theory at best. I can see why he can't be called "old", but why can't he be called white? In fact he is white. Yep, people of East Indian extraction are actually Caucasian. Of course, this alone does not mean that he is necessarily racist, but neither does one's not being white automatically make them racially enlightened.

OneMind's photo
Fri 04/17/09 11:28 PM

He is a Rhodes Scholar. Id say that makes him brilliant. In a debate, he would tear Obama apart.

Obama would not be intimidated by him in the least or be torn up him. We are talking about Jindal right? No way would Obama have a problem debating Jindal.

Can We Bring Regan Back?

Tie his stiff, grinning cadaver to a dolly and wheel him on to the stage for a debate? That WOULD be fun.

OneMind's photo
Fri 04/17/09 04:14 PM
Edited by OneMind on Fri 04/17/09 04:15 PM

Bout ready to SCREAM! Joined this site to find community in a new place... Anybody in the austin area 4 real?

Well, I'm not from Austen but, um....does a lesbian trapped in a man's body count?

OneMind's photo
Fri 04/17/09 04:11 PM
Edited by OneMind on Fri 04/17/09 04:11 PM

Thanx 4 the acknowledgement...Wondering if tx is the place 4 me?

The saying is "Keep Austin Weird"

There are tons of lesbians and gays in the community.

I guess you just need to know where to go.

Good luck

Hey now Austen, keep ya hooks off our slogan - "Keep Portland Weird"!!

OneMind's photo
Fri 04/17/09 01:28 PM

Jindal is not stupid, he as all politicians knows what to say and what it might get him in the future..

Most people in power now are pretty stupid, IMO. My cats and dogs could come up with better ideas than those in congress and the senate. And they are cuter too! drinker

O.k. then it's settled: cats in the senate, dogs in the congress. S'got my vote!

OneMind's photo
Fri 04/17/09 01:45 AM

Never married at 53?
You are surely set in your ways by now.

So, are you saying that someone who is not married (at 48, 53, 57, etc) an 'undateable' person?

I've never been married and probably won't -- unless I meet a guy that compliments me and visa-versa -- but I think that is a GOOD thing.

I don't want a trail of bad marriages, relationships, etc. I'm proud that I either had a few functional relationships that just fizzled or that I was smart enough to bail out on disfunctional dates that never became relationships.

Since when is baggage supposed to make someone more 'dateable'?

I'm just curious, Beauty. I'm don't mean to grill you like a cheeseburger! flowerforyou

Baggage is like the "Previous Employers" section of a resume. If you have too many employers, then it shows you can't keep a job. If you have a few employers, it means you have some experience (but you have to look whether they were working at macdonalds or macdonald douglas and for how long they could keep that job for?), no baggage means no real experience.

Baggage? BAGGAGE?!? We don need no steenking baggage!!

OneMind's photo
Fri 04/17/09 12:10 AM
Edited by OneMind on Fri 04/17/09 12:14 AM

Alright so I finally had the worse date ever. It was my fault also why the date went so bad but Im here to tell you guys why its so risky to meet anyone off the internet. I got an email from this guy with no picture and he sounded cool on the phone. He had a slight accent but his profile said he was caucasion so I was thinking maybe he picked it up somewhere. And he said he had a car, and that he was five eleven. Plus he sounded decent. But he finally wanted to meet and I was uncomfortable because I didn't know what he even looked like or anything. Plus he always called me from restricted. So I asked for a picture and he uploaded one and it was of this hot guy. Well we met up and well let's just say he was Mexican, short, no car, and he tried to spike my drink and take advantage of me. Im annoyed becuase the day before we met he wanted to watch movies, and play pool and walk around the mall. The next morning he said he didnt want to go to the mall.....And to go straight to his apartment. So I went prepared lol ready to take action. I asked where his car was and he said his sister took it to rush her baby to the hospital. And he was speaking Spanish on the phone and he didnt know I knew Spanish and he never spoke to his sister nor his mom. I asked where the movies were and he said he left them at his cousins house. Plus he was acting like a fool the entire day trying to pull these stupid pick up lines with me and touch me. UGH. But people watch out just in case. And dont be as nieve as me! LOl. Thanks for listening.

Sorry you had to go through all that baby girl, you deserve SO much better. I guess when you're hot, mobs of creeps and losers just go with the territory. Bring your stun gun next time; take some photos, that should prove entertaining!

OneMind's photo
Thu 04/16/09 11:42 PM

I Find it Sad that the Dems Keep Talking about bush as if He's Still Relevant! Must be Nice to Live in the Past.

You mean like the way the Reflublicans cant stop flapping their corndog holes about the Clintons, to this very day??

OneMind's photo
Thu 04/16/09 08:23 PM
Edited by OneMind on Thu 04/16/09 09:19 PM

Never married at 53?
You are surely set in your ways by now.

Profile looks good. Could use some more pics.

With the divorce rate at - what? 60%? 70%? I guess I just saw the writing on the walls early on. Set in my ways? Perhaps. Most married couples are truly set in theirs. Who knows, maybe "my ways" are good and wise ones, for me anyway, especially with the divorce laws so radically skewed in favor of women these days. Although having said that, and slightly off topic, I certainly agree that a women should be cared for and I'm always happy to pay for everything - dates, "rent" or in my case, H.O.A., just so long as she's (still) living with me and were "together". That's the way I've always done it. As you say, I'm "set in (my) ways". Would that more men were set in those ways ;-)>

OneMind's photo
Thu 04/16/09 06:04 PM
Edited by OneMind on Thu 04/16/09 06:07 PM

are you wearing a beret?

A Green Beret? :tongue:

raspberry beret? huh
Should I be surprised that a 22 year old virgin has never seen an ordinary every day flat cap before?

good one. nice beard.

I thank you. Now let's hear from the fairer sex, shall we?

OneMind's photo
Thu 04/16/09 05:47 PM
I think it's a good profile, straight and to the point. You clearly know your strengths and what you want in a man. I wouldn't change a thing.

OneMind's photo
Thu 04/16/09 05:42 PM

are you wearing a beret?

raspberry beret? huh
Should I be surprised that a 22 year old virgin has never seen an ordinary every day flat cap before?

shades Relax we're only joking. A sense of humor will REALLY REALLY help you around here. smokin

Oh good and here I was afraid no one would get my joke. It's called wit; almost a dead art in this anti intellectual country.

OneMind's photo
Thu 04/16/09 04:12 PM

are you wearing a beret?

raspberry beret? huh

OneMind's photo
Thu 04/16/09 12:24 PM

Hi happy

Your profile reads nicely. You may want to add something about the type of lady you wish to attract.

If you can, add more pix. Your main doesn't exude friendliness, and that is the first impression other get before they click your profile. Smile, smile, smile! :tongue:

Enjoy the site! :banana:
O.k., I went and had another look and added some stuff about the type of woman I'm looking for. Let's see if it helps.

OneMind's photo
Wed 04/15/09 09:56 PM
Edited by OneMind on Wed 04/15/09 09:57 PM
Not really a bad profile. Just change "sorean" and "comm" to "serene" and "calm". Otherwise, you are doing just fine.

OneMind's photo
Wed 04/15/09 09:33 PM
Edited by OneMind on Wed 04/15/09 09:35 PM

Hi happy

Your profile reads nicely. You may want to add something about the type of lady you wish to attract.

If you can, add more pix. Your main doesn't exude friendliness, and that is the first impression other get before they click your profile. Smile, smile, smile! :tongue:

Enjoy the site! :banana:

Excellent points, all. I kind of wanted to leave myself open as to the sort of woman I'm looking for; at my age, one can't afford to be too picky. I do have other photos, but I really think this one captures my essence - I know the photo is small, but I swear, I am smiling! It's my "looking off into the near distance, slightly amused by someone's remark" smile.

OneMind's photo
Wed 04/15/09 09:16 PM

repeating your self over and over are you being >

That is very Zen.

OneMind's photo
Wed 04/15/09 09:01 PM
Edited by OneMind on Wed 04/15/09 09:03 PM
Nice, but eventually you'll fall for a guy who's a combination of "Perfect Guy" and "Mr. Gone Wrong". And then what? Well, you'll have children together, and so it goes, as Mr. Vonnegut would say. And that's why this perfect world has gone wrong and why this gone wrong world is perfect, just the way it is - o.k., now I'm just babbling.

OneMind's photo
Wed 04/15/09 08:35 PM
Oh god, yes. Rate me rate me!!!