Community > Posts By > thefinalcatch

thefinalcatch's photo
Tue 12/01/09 08:22 PM

Registering with ASCAP in order to make money from music requires the song in question to be played on the radio first, right?

No, if you have a song that you wrote and want to make money off of the "performance royalties," then you can register with a PRO (performing rights organization) when you're ready. PRO's collect performance royalties for you and also help to protect your copyright. PRO's also protect who can broadcast or perform your song on radio or other sources like movies/films, etc. People who wish to perform your songs or use them in a commercial or a broadcast must pay your PRO a licensing fee. Hope that answers your question. Message me if you have anymore. Thanks!

thefinalcatch's photo
Tue 12/01/09 08:13 PM
Ask me questions about the business side of things in the music industry. I'll do my best to answer them and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

thefinalcatch's photo
Sun 03/29/09 01:49 PM
I got at least 50 originals. I'm a junkie for CD's. I want to create a collection of originals and their cases and put them up for display when I can afford my own house. I do this because I hate piraters!! I'm getting a music business major and I don't appreciate them whatsoever. It's stealing from a songwriters hard work.

thefinalcatch's photo
Sun 03/29/09 01:46 PM
You should post a link up here so all of us can hear your stuff and give you feedback. Also here's two of my links I'd like some feedback on my stuff too. I'm terrible at lyrics and vocal melodies so if you can help, please let me know. :)

http://www.myspace.com/thefinalcatch149
http://www.youtube.com/user/thefinalcatch

thefinalcatch's photo
Sun 03/29/09 01:43 PM
Definately, "syndicate" and "you found me" by The Fray

thefinalcatch's photo
Mon 02/23/09 02:03 PM
Correction. Any sweet girls near Minneapolis :D

thefinalcatch's photo
Fri 02/20/09 11:12 PM
Hey, I'm looking for a nice and sweet girl near the U. I'd love to just talk with you to get to know you a little better. Then if we're both interested, we can meet! :D I don't want to sound desperate but to be honest, I've never had a girlfriend and I long for a long lasting relationship full of love and joy. It's just the way I am to give out my love to others especially the ones close to my heart. Read my profile and let me know if you're interested!