Community > Posts By > BehindGreenEyes

BehindGreenEyes's photo
Sun 07/05/09 07:58 AM
I never understood using big words, statistical talk and all this about private sector, blah, blah, blah. WAKE UP! IT ALL STARTED WITH THE GAS PRICES! People stopped spending their extra money on buying cars, and other luxuries because they had to start paying nearly six dollars for one stinking gallon of gas. Ever stacked dominoes??? SAME CONCEPT. So, with gas prices entirely too high for almost 2 years straight (and still are too high for unjustified excuses) car manufacturers began to make less money, other luxury type companies began to make less money. So what happened? Just like consumers, big companies had to make cuts somewhere and then people began losing their jobs. The less spending and budget cuts happened with consumers and businesses alike. Some of you have also forgotten the old addage: SUPPLY & DEMAND. High demand, low price to keep a profit.........demand suddenly goes down, now prices go up to try and keep the profit, cut are made. So with all this domino effect spanning two years and going, you can be sure it will take some time to get turned back around in the other direction. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. Sure, history repeats itself, but back then you could buy a candy bar for 15 cents.............today it's at least 60 cents............BIG DIFFERENCE.

Now let's all get together, go over to the white house and get the president and congress together and ask them this:

WHY ARE YOU SENDING OUR MONEY TO COUNTRIES WHO HATE US? WHY ARE YOU STILL FUNDING THE WAR YOU VOWED TO END?

Look it up, they sent 106 BILLION dollars to IRAQ just last month. hmmm, that's 106 BILLION dollars that our failing economy could have used.

Don't point fingers at at either political party. It's no use. And don't reply to my post wanting to get a debate going. Politics and religion can be argued until the day we die. I'm just sharing my opinion.