sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 06/19/10 02:24 PM
for dating or just as a social group? Doesn't seem to me that many actual are here to find someone to date, but just to socialize....

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Tue 06/08/10 03:50 PM

Here's a pic. of my cat Smokey I just took. He's atleast 14 years old, if not older.

My very 1st pet cat ever(besides outdoor barn cats)as a kid was a cat I named Smokey. He was a grey 1/2 Siamese cat and looked a lot like yours. I had him for many many yrs (even after I got married)

My cat is actually blue. His skin is actually blue, and his fur has a touch of blue.

oh wow...thats really cool :)

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Mon 06/07/10 10:38 PM

Here is the only one I have, Sassy is spoiled rotten.............wonder how she got that waywhoa

awww, she is sooo cute! smitten

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Mon 06/07/10 04:41 PM

Here's a pic. of my cat Smokey I just took. He's atleast 14 years old, if not older.

My very 1st pet cat ever(besides outdoor barn cats)as a kid was a cat I named Smokey. He was a grey 1/2 Siamese cat and looked a lot like yours. I had him for many many yrs (even after I got married)

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Mon 06/07/10 04:38 PM

Well, I'm in a bit of a situation, it hurts but I'm willing to do what it takes. I am moving to Moab soon to be with the love of my life, RedSoxfan1, or Erica, however you know her. Her apartment complex won't allow pets, and I'm moving in with her, so I can't bring mine, so I have to give up my 2 cats Jazz and Amber. I think my mom will look after Jazz as she is 16 years old and probably won't live past 17 or 18, and Amber who is 10, a beautiful loving cat, if a bit feisty at times, I have the scratches to prove it. So it would seem that I will be relinquishing Amber to the Boulder Humane Society. I only hope and pray that somebody will adopt her and give her a good home.tears

I wish you the best..is it possible to maybe get a diff place together so you can keep your cats? Just learned from experience with working at a humane society that older cats "usually" dont get adopted out very fast and well....at least the one I worked at was horrible for putting down tons of animals weekly. I dont say this to be cruel or mean but just reality and am hoping you can keep your loved pets. OR is there anyone who is willing to take her in w/ out the option of the humane society?

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sun 06/06/10 12:04 PM
Edited by sweetsimplesassy on Sun 06/06/10 12:05 PM

I have a total of 7 cats and 1 dog. Three of my cats are over at my mom's, with the dog. And the other four cats are over at my dad's.
Growing up I've always had cats with me to comfort me when I'm going through rough times.

Buttercup, Peepers and Gilda are the three cats over at my mom's. They are the sweetest things. I miss them a lot, now that I don't see them as often as I wish, especially Gilda. I stay mainly over at my dad's and visit over at my mom's for a day. I always feel bad, especially for Gilda, because I know she misses me the most, she has claimed me as hers ever since we first met. We got Gilda and Peepers from a shelter after we lost one of our first set of cats, Orchid, to keep Patches company. Unfortunately Patches had died a few months later, and my sister was depressed, and we ended up adopting a calico kitten, who we named Buttercup. I've been trying to visit as often as I can, but I mainly can go when my mom isn't around, since she and I really don't get along very well. But I've been trying to spend time with Peepers, she was diagnosed two years ago with Kidney Failure, and with the wonderful care my dad gives her as a vet, she's been around and happy. She gets fluids twice a week, and she behaves very well for that. All our cats over at my mom's are getting fairly old. Buttercup is 9 years old, Gilda is 10 and Peepers is 11. They are all healthy and happy cats, even Peepers with her kidney issues.

Bailey is our 8 year old Golden Retriever over at my mom's. He is the silliest little boy ever. But he is also very clingy to everyone, which also makes me feel bad when I am unable to visit over there, because he gets sad. I got to see him yesterday when my sister brought him into work for his treatment of Acupuncture for his Arthritis.

At our dad's we have the four cats, Spaz, Demi, Meowgi and Danielson. They are all great and wonderful cats. Spaz is silly in her way of getting attention. If she isn't getting the attention she wants she will go up to someone and start petting them until they pet her. Demi is four years old and we had her since she was around 6 months old, she was dropped off at my dad's office with her litter of kittens, who only three survived and the surviving kittens grew up to be bigger than Demi is today. Demi has such spunk, and loves to cause all sorts of trouble. Then we have the two brothers who we recently brought home from my dad's office, who we have to keep up in my room and the bathroom that is connected to my room. They are sweet little boys, but unfortunately Danielson was being a bully to poor little Spaz that we have to keep them separated. So I have two cuddly cats in my room, but they will start waking me up at 3 a.m. for breakfast. As I write this I've got Meowgi purring away beside me.

Last summer I lost two sweet little boys, who were such sweet cats. Tuck and Roll, they were brothers, but unfortunately Cancer got the better of them... Tuck died two weeks after my ex had ended things with me, and I was devastated, because Tuck was helping me get through the break up. He had died in my arms, and he was purring until his time came. Roll, had taken over Tuck's roll until a month later we made the caring decision to put him to sleep. We had to put him to sleep when my dad was away on an acupuncture conference, because he couldn't stand losing him, which I knew how he felt, but I knew Roll was suffering. It was a sad summer for my family with the loss of two sweet cats, who I still remember, and always will.

This is one of Roll's favorite poses

Tuck really loved my bed

This is Bailey

Peepers

Buttercup

Spaz

Demi, the spunkiest of all the cats

Gilda, we had a little fun with the hawaian themed birthday party for my sister,

Meowgi and Danielson in one of their favorite poses together

I used to have a golden retriever named Bailey.. (actually was my sons from santa claus) when I lived in Oklahoma...went through a divorce and I kept him in the house I was in till I had to move to an Apt and then my ex took him until I was to get another place but either way he was to keep him since it was our sons and someone offered him some money for him and he sold him..I was sooooooo mad and my son wasnt too happy either, but thats my ex for ya.
Lots of beautiful kitties :) Your cat named
Danielson looks just like a cat my son now has, named Simba :)

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sun 06/06/10 12:00 PM

sorry to hear of the loss of your relationship but glad that you found that love for animals :) I couldnt imagine life without them and want so bad to be in the country again so I can have my "farm" animals.
Thank you, it's been rough but it was a long time coming, he was very selfish and couldn't give me what I needed. I believe Max is the only one who fully understands since he's dealing with the same loss. I hope you find your way to your critter filled happiness.

Thank you! Someday, I hope.....

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 06/05/10 11:31 PM

okk, A while back I started a topic of pets and love of animals that went off well, but somehow got lost eventually, so I am gonna try to restart one again..please join in and comment, share pics, post advice, questions..anything that relates to animals and your interest in them...
I am A Vet Tech student and currently have 2 pugs, Winn-Dixie and Charlie and a turtle named Franklin :) .....

I love all animals, but I have a love wild cats the most. Domestic cats are awesome because they have the big cat attitude, but they're so small it's kind of amsuing. laugh

My favorite cats would be the Ocelot, Panther, Cheetah, Lioness ( I do like the lions too, but I have more respect for the lioness from what I know about them), etc.

I love wild cats, but have too much respect for them to even think about owning one. I feel bad enough keeping my rescue cat indoors. laugh

Every time we go to the Zoo, I am amazed at the large cats...they are so graceful and just beautiful!

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 06/05/10 11:30 PM
AWWWWW...sweet pics......thanks for sharing.......the kittens(Oreo and Cincy), did you just get them?

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 06/05/10 11:16 PM
WELCOMEflowers :)

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 06/05/10 11:14 PM

Well personally speaking only...I know I am a much better lover now than when I was...say in my 20's -30's...but youi young women don't get defensive until you reach my age and find out for yourself LOL bigsmile

I have to say that I agree......I am a lot more comfortable with myself and who I am at 40 then I ever have been and sexually, well....I havent been in a relationship in a looooong time, but lets just say I believe it goes with the territory of the above statement in being comfortable with oneself and ....well......:wink: bigsmile

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 06/05/10 11:09 PM

I Love you for all the good times and the bad.

Honey, I Love you. When your happy or when your sad.

I Love everything about you, like your sexy little walk or your giggle in your talk.

The way you smile so bright, that sexy grin just before you turn out the bedroom light.

Baby your my ALL. Your the reason I know I will never fall.
And I just Love the cool-way you say shut-uppp!

Baby, before I met you. My life was just ho-hummed.
I was living, but always feeling bummed.

Then you came-along and found me.
Baby you set me free, when you first spoke-of-us as,,,"WE".

Now you are my everything to see and desire be.

So what I guess im trying to say here.
Is that YOU-ARE simply my life, Dear.:heart:

And NO, I wrote this just in abstact thought of what I wish I had,lol..Im still looking for her.:wink: :heart:

WOW!! I was just thinking what a lucky woman you have, but then read that its for "when" you find her....awesome heart throbbing poem...so sweet! :heart: flowerforyou

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 06/05/10 11:03 PM

As kids my sister, who is 2yrs younger than me, always had the more dominant personality and animals were her thing. So I never really thought about having pets when I got out on my own. Then 4 years ago my ex moved in with me. Only a couple of weeks here and he had to have his dog with him. So Max, a skinny golden retriever moved in with us. Next thing I knew there were snake cages in my bedroom. I was introduced to Angel the ball python and Conda, a 10+ ft green anaconda. Then a guy at work with us posted a free kitten sign and Blue moved in. Next he inherited a 55 gallon aquarium when his uncle passed and then came a couple dozen fish. And we were a happy little family for about a year when it was decided he needed a huntin' buddy. The fun really started when we brought home that black lab pup we named Jimmer. I can't even count the shoes, purses and misc objects that bonehead destroyed, but we loved him. Next thing I knew my other sister needed someone to watch her iguana Spike til she could get another apartment, he's been here close to 2 years and she's had 4 different addresses. We went to a few reptile shows to get food and supplies for the snakes and added Baby, a red tailed boa constrictor, Camo, Biggun' and Ol' One Eye the firebelly toads and finally Tickety a baby reticulated python. I never in a million years would have thought I'd be living in my own zoo or could love a snake. But I do. Three weeks ago the ex left taking Jimmer the lab and my favorite snake, Tickety. And I miss those critters. He will be back to get the other snakes and it's going to break my heart, I can't believe how fond of them I've become. He has gifted me with Max saying no woman should be alone without at least a good dog to protect her. I'm glad to have Max, but sad for him too, knowing he feels just as abandoned by the jerk as I do. I truly love all these furry or scaley or amphibeous babies and I can't ever again imagine myself without the love of my pets.

sorry to hear of the loss of your relationship but glad that you found that love for animals :) I couldnt imagine life without them and want so bad to be in the country again so I can have my "farm" animals.

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 06/05/10 08:05 PM
okk, where is everyone? Lets keep this thread alive...any info or pics or stories anyone wants to share?

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 06/05/10 07:45 PM
Edited by sweetsimplesassy on Sat 06/05/10 07:48 PM

Is it just me ?
When I was younger, people my own age, looked my age to me.
Now at 57, people my own age, look older than me, IMO.
I suppose I look their age to them, but my brain hasn't adjusted yet I suppose. I feel like im in the black hole of life...
At first, I thought I was going crazy, but then I started noticing other stuff, like music interests. Im still into AC/DC, Johnny Winter, Led Zepplin, ZZ Top, The Doors, etc... Am I some weird old guy who never grew up, or just set in my ways ? I hope im just firmly set in my ways. I don't wanna be some old weird dude bigsmile

I feel the same way and sometimes stop and think OMG,I'm 40...I shouldnt like this or that or behave that way, but you know...age doesnt change WHO you are..I still feel 20, but just have life experience to go by and responsibilities I may not have had at 20, but it shouldnt change that you like certain things...go for it..I still decorate with and have "childish" things, ex: pooh, tinkerbell ect...I like it and if someone has a problem with it, its their issue..Im enjoying life and hurting no one and still a responsible adult...Ive had this discussion with my mom who is 73 and she says the same thing...she too says that she doesnt feel 73 inside, and still feels "young" but the body changes and ages. ....To me not having fun, laughing, enjoying the simple things in life makes us old

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sat 05/15/10 09:18 PM
falling in love isnt an age thing, but the tingly butterfly affect is also unrealistic, if thats what you go by in deciding to date a guy or not. You may be missing out on the opportunity to fall in love with a great guy if thats what you are looking for as your sign.

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Sun 05/09/10 08:52 PM
"seriously, What do men want?"

Good question..I have learned that MOST men, at least the ones I have met so far are not serious and can not be trusted! Now i know there has to be some good ones, if so..they all must be taken...cause I havent found one and when I think I may have, well...prove me wrong...

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Thu 04/29/10 08:45 PM
I dont care,hit me..something...this feeling invisible stuff really sux

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Wed 04/21/10 11:12 PM
"Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."

sweetsimplesassy's photo
Tue 04/20/10 11:09 PM

Lets all see how many different oxymorons we can come up with..this should be fun and interesting..okk, I'll start..

My next tattoo I have scheduled to have will be "FOREVER" and "ALWAYS"
around my wrist as a bracelet...how much more oxymoron can ya get..LOL ...

I'm not getting it :) "forever" and "always" are synonyms, unless
you're calling the two words "oxymorons" for a rhetorical effect :)

Technically, I would think, "never always" and "never forever" or
"ending forever" or "temporarily forever", etc. makes more sense.

Did I mss something? :)

Its a tattoo, something pretty much permanent..and whats being tattoo'd is "forever" "always" ..thats what I meant by it :)

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25