Community > Posts By > Barb4Nature

no photo
Wed 02/18/09 12:44 PM
Greetings to all, I'm fairly new here. This seems like a really nice site. Still learning to navigate my way around.

Good luck to all, and God Bless!

no photo
Mon 02/16/09 11:31 AM
In reference to the coin issue: I did a google search on the new dollars too, and yes it's on snopes, they put it on the edge of the coin along with year, etc. another thing I didn't notice mentioned here was an update: in 2009 they are CHANGING it back to be on the face or rear of the coin :) starting with the 9th. coin issued. I guess it took that long to get the change in place, changing equipment, etc. Thought you'd all like to know that.

Ever hear the story about the rich man who stopped to pick up a penny? When asked why he did it, he smiled and said... condensed version:

"Read what it says." He asked.

The couple leaned forward, reaching for the penny, and pulled it closer.

"In God We Trust." Said the wife.

Then the employer explained that he didn't become wealthy by picking up pennies. He picked up pennies, and any other lost coins because of those words. He explained that God's name is holy. (Remember the words to The Lord's Prayer?) If we shouldn't use it in vain we should also make sure that it is not walked upon by passers-by. But, he also explained another reason for pausing a short time before retrieving the penny from the ground.

"It is as if God has dropped a message into my pathway and He wants to remind me to keep my trust in Him." He told how he always said a short prayer of thanks, as a reply to God's loving message. The employer went on to explain, as they enjoyed the dinner and the evening together, that a single penny can become worth more than gold or silver in strengthening our relationship with our Heavily Father.

After reading that story, I was in a park on a sunny day, a shiny penny was REALLY gleaming in the sunlight. Two older ladies saw me pick it up and smiled saying something about good luck, and I smiled back telling them it was so much more than that, I handed it to them and asked them to read what the top said, they smiled and tried to give me the coin back, and I told them it was a gift for them. I praise our Lord for that wonderful reminder and to share his word. I smile now when I pick up pennies too. I have trust for the Lord in my heart, but it's also nice to get that reminder and it also reminds me of the old song "Pennies From Heaven" :) Sorry this is so long a post, but I was moved to share this story, God Bless