Community > Posts By > A1Writer

A1Writer's photo
Mon 02/16/09 02:04 PM

I don't believe you or your "credentials." If this is all so wonderful, and you're winning, you should be happy. How can the bloodied remnants of a totally failed and decimated Republican Party possibly scare you to the point where you have found it necessary to herein lash out tocrush them further. You're no leader----you're a politician, there's a difference: politicians don't live to lead; they live to get re-elected.

You are protected by the First Amendment to spew, but I won't let you spew unchallenged. We could argue up and down parapets all day, so why don't you just come back in a month and show me----prove to me----how the Thing has worked out for Real People, not the advancement of The Party.

By the way, I'll bet you my Jimmy Carter memorabilia plate that you're ragingly in favor of the anti-Limbaugh Censorship Of Free Speech Doctrine too, aren't you. Fine; here's what I quote to that, and bon chance a toi:

" When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew. "

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out."

(By Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group.)