Community > Posts By > normalweirdo

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/08/10 05:39 PM
Congrats to you both, then! I hope you can work through the fact separation was ever necessary. Does seem odd that at a stressful time when people tend to pull together, he pulled away. That would make me a bit cautious.

I'll admit to having longings for certain ex's now and then. There was something really appealing about them in the first place, after all!

Good luck!

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 01/01/10 05:04 PM
Yay! *applause*

normalweirdo's photo
Mon 12/21/09 09:33 PM
I have zero directional sense. Could get lost in a friggin' elevator.

normalweirdo's photo
Mon 12/21/09 08:29 PM
The nicest ones have the least "game", which is just fine. Nice guys rule! They're not seeking everyone's approval, just yours. They spend more time worrying about having good character than impressive stories. They notice when you dress up. They're FUNNY! You just have to pay attention to notice sometimes. Nice guys so do not finish last. And I think in the thirties or forties, nice guys may have had their hearts broken, too, just like us ladies, and had to make the tough decision on whether to become defensive and cynical, or to stay open and loving. Go nice guys!! Woot!

normalweirdo's photo
Mon 12/21/09 05:42 PM
Hmm, maybe. Maybe there's some things we don't even think about giving up when it's time to do so, and others that would be really tough to give up if someone asked.

I'm thinking it would be pretty tough to give up pajama sundays, complete with movies and junk food. Maybe I'll find another Olympic class lounger and I won't have to.

normalweirdo's photo
Mon 12/21/09 09:48 AM
Thanks all! You give me courage to try something else in the future!

normalweirdo's photo
Sun 12/20/09 03:37 PM
Great topic, thank you for bringing it up!

A bright side perspective: IF that person attends to their particular challenge in a conscientious way, that person may well exceed those without a diagnosis in self-awareness, self-esteem, personal efficacy, spirituality/community-mindedness, goal-orientation, tenacity, and a variety of other value-laden characteristics worthy of aspiring to. It takes strength, wisdom, and compassion to educate oneself, face the societal stigma with dignity, wrestle with finding the right medication, adjust one's life and identity appropriately, and stay vigilant to physiological, cognitive, and behavioral changes in order to protect themselves and others from harm. Those who work at it can be some of the most admirable and honorable people out there. Short version: no problem, contingent upon how they've chosen to walk their path. And isn't that true of dating anyway?

normalweirdo's photo
Sun 12/20/09 10:21 AM
*chuckles* It's all good. I think you're saying you're looking forward to a relationship enough that you don't count the cost.

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 12/19/09 10:29 PM
Reframe it
Silver linings
Ways through
Ways out
Ways around
Go away
Pick it back up
Turn it sideways
Ask someone else to look at it
Try to break it
Scatter the pieces
Bury a few
Dig them up
Reexamine
Toss it over the shoulder
Look back to see if it's following
Run faster
Give up and laugh

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 12/19/09 10:02 PM
Sorry for the confusion! I realized when I hit send, I'd sent it to the wrong forum. I switched the first one over to dating and relationships and put this in its place.

It was my first crack at starting a thread. oops! :)

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 12/19/09 09:58 PM
Do you ever wonder if being alone too long makes it tougher to adapt to a relationship when it arrives? When you start comparing potential mates to the glowing character of your dog, it's the beginning of the end for sure. For those that have been single for a while, do you worry about:

Having to account for your whereabouts
Spending more, saving less
Shaving your legs/beard/whatevah
The first time someone tries to step in with your dog/kid/business/etc.
Sharing the remote?

I like to think that falling in love allows us to turn a blind eye to the loss of such petty little privileges. But when you've spent too much time honing your independence, they've got to be harder to give up. Just musing. And hoping I haven't unwittingly fashioned myself into a terminally single person. Ha! Thoughts?

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 12/19/09 09:55 PM
Edited by normalweirdo on Sat 12/19/09 09:57 PM
Do you try?
Do you reflect on them after waking?
Do you search for meaning?
Does what you come up with have an effect on your life?

If you don't remember, do you care?

Just curious.

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 12/19/09 12:52 AM
Persnickety

-Fussy about small details, fastidious
-Having the characteristics of a snob
-Requiring great precision

normalweirdo's photo
Sat 12/19/09 12:29 AM
Edited by normalweirdo on Sat 12/19/09 12:30 AM
Maybe they had some interest in the beginning, and they've simply pursued it to it's natural end. I doubt it's malicious for most. Some, sure. But not most. If you've flirted with more than one, consider that they must, too. We can't run off into the sunset with every single person that sparks our interest.

Casual flirting is an efficient and socially acceptable way to find out more about someone. The odds of adoring everything you find out are slim enough that accepting the process seems like the best way to have fun meeting people without feeling disappointed. Another way to look at it: Maybe be thankful to them for the opportunity to polish your own flirting skills in preparation for the right one.

normalweirdo's photo
Fri 12/18/09 01:55 PM
yearn

normalweirdo's photo
Thu 12/17/09 10:35 PM
But you gotta watch out for the ones who DO like it. Once they get a gander of your big hot poker they'll never go away. Just ask hunggeek.

normalweirdo's photo
Thu 12/17/09 07:51 PM
Awesome - thank you for the warm welcome!

normalweirdo's photo
Wed 12/16/09 11:21 PM
Hi all! I'm not new to the site, but I never checked out the forums before. So many neat people on here! I joined originally hoping to find a special someone, but my reality is that my schooling prevents me from really dating, or even thinking about a future, so I hung around in the shadows. Kinda sad, yeah, yeah. So now, I've come to grips with the fact that being single has it's perks, meeting "the one" is not mutually exclusive with meeting friends, and there's always room for cool people in your life. I'm a slow learner, but a good student. :) I thought I'd step out of the shadows and wave a hello to everyone!

normalweirdo's photo
Mon 05/11/09 06:09 PM
"Caruso" by Lara Fabian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT82udt6j8M

2 Next