Mon 03/09/09 08:53 PM
Good night, kind man, friend.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 08:20 PM
good night all.

I'm going to watch a 50's sci fi horror flick on www.hulu.com

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 08:10 PM

Ok peeps I'm off to get a shytload a dimes .Have a wonderful night .Good night Kim ,Mari and Pat !

Dimes?

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:59 PM

And, you brought her lunch?

No - I had packed the food for me, as I had to play Army that weekend too. I worked on post and was headed out, to Cambridge, where my unit is based.
She saw my car, caught my attention, and I pulled in behind her HUMVEE. She asked if I had any real food. I had my nice lunch, because I would be working until 11pm that night, and packed it for my supper.
So I gave her my food.

That was nice of you. I can imagine the crap she got too. But, real food,probably worth it!

I think she gloated a bit ...

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:58 PM

I cann't remember the last lunch my mom packed for me. Grade school I think. Maybe early Jr High.

Pack a lunch??...Oh I wish....We had to suffer thought "hot meal" lunches supplied by the school....sick

But the little milk cartons did come in handy for hiding what you couldn't choke down...:laughing:

What - the school peopl echecked? we had packed lunches until Jr. High, then we could buy or bring.
In grade school, the nuns would make sure we weren't wasting food. My Ma never packed anything i'd not eat.
Esp vetetables. She'd try to force those on me at home. I haven't eaten a cooked green food since 1963.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:54 PM

And, you brought her lunch?

No - I had packed the food for me, as I had to play Army that weekend too. I worked on post and was headed out, to Cambridge, where my unit is based.
She saw my car, caught my attention, and I pulled in behind her HUMVEE. She asked if I had any real food. I had my nice lunch, because I would be working until 11pm that night, and packed it for my supper.
So I gave her my food.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:43 PM

I cann't remember the last lunch my mom packed for me. Grade school I think. Maybe early Jr High.

Well, I actually packed it for me - but I can't refuse my babies.

I offered to bring her a pizza, but they were being all tactical, playing Army like real soldiers, having guards and everything.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:38 PM

It's frustrating seeing the tuna cans go in for emergency assistance. Where a carrier is a better option.

Unfortunately, the world is run by politicians, not normal people.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:37 PM

MRE and heater meals??...

Splain pleze Lucy...flowerforyou

Army stuff they try to call "chow" MRE = Meals Ready to Eat. Most are tomato based. There's mexican and italian food. comes in a pouches, and you put that pouch into another pouch with water. there's a pad in there, and a chemical reactio causes the pad to get really hot, heating the food (they can also be used to make little bombs)
Heater meals are similar - except the main bit of chow is in a tray instead of a pouch.
I keep them in my car. good survival food - lots of carbs and over 1000 calories.

Thanks Skyy...I will have to mention that to my partner the next time that we go out to the bush.....Just because you never know what might happen...

I make sure my daughter Katie (she lives in New Orleans) always has some, for when she drives up here. Sony has her own, since she's in the Army Reserve.
Last Fall, I was leavin post and she was picking up some generators. She caught my attention, i pulled over, and she took my lunch from me. Back out in the tin huts ("a tin hut" is not how you call someone to attention, they are little shacks made of corrogated tin, with dirt floors) she was getting yelled at for having gone to the PX (store) when she got the generators, while everyone only had MREs. She told her Sgt. she got it from her Ma - but he didn't believe a kid's Ma would pack her a nice luch (bread, ham, cheese, cookies, Pepsi) and take it to her. Good thing her aid driver witnesed the hand-off.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:24 PM
Do you have yung'ens, EarthSprite? Ones of your own - not these boys in here, I mean?

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:22 PM
Edited by skyydogg on Mon 03/09/09 07:25 PM

Well, not as bad as an aircraft carrier thats for sure! OMG!

Don't they pretty much go where-ever they please?

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:21 PM

MRE and heater meals??...

Splain pleze Lucy...flowerforyou

Army stuff they try to call "chow" MRE = Meals Ready to Eat. Most are tomato based. There's mexican and italian food. comes in a pouches, and you put that pouch into another pouch with water. there's a pad in there, and a chemical reactio causes the pad to get really hot, heating the food (they can also be used to make little bombs)
Heater meals are similar - except the main bit of chow is in a tray instead of a pouch.
I keep them in my car. good survival food - lots of carbs and over 1000 calories.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:13 PM
Where you headed to tomorrow, Bob?

I see now thery say the blizzard is only 25-50 miles wide, and includes the Twin Cities.

Want some MREs and Heater Meals? Don't forget Jake's food.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:06 PM

Which him?
Why Sellick of course ,Or Clint NA More like the Duke !

Duke wasn't really good looking. Clint's not. Ken Curtis was alright looking ...

The Duke wasn't good looking????? surprised

*thud* surprised surprised surprised

That's almost blasphemy..!!!!!!!

:laughing:

well, I wouldn't kick him out of bed - but he weren't no Dean Martin.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:03 PM
Edited by skyydogg on Mon 03/09/09 07:05 PM

what do you mean we're the last of the cowboys of the open road ! You ever try wrassslin an 18 wheeler boy ?

Well, there's your problem - Don't try wwrasslin it - coax it Finesse it, train it ...

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 07:00 PM

Which him?
Why Sellick of course ,Or Clint NA More like the Duke !

Duke wasn't really good looking. Clint's not. Ken Curtis was alright looking ...

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 06:55 PM
Edited by skyydogg on Mon 03/09/09 06:55 PM
My first love looked just like Tom Selleck. I had Steve before Magnum P.I. came on.
I couldn't watch it when Steve was in Germany, I'd get too lonesome.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 06:51 PM

Not to mention that he looks great in a pair of chaps...bigsmile :laughing:

Tom Selleck in anything - or nothing; oh yea!!!

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 06:50 PM
We white women certainly appreciate the classics - like Blazing Saddles. I own a few westerns - Balzing Saddles, Quigley Down Under, the Searchers, all the roy Rogers
Tonight, I'm watching Harry Carey.

no photo
Mon 03/09/09 05:55 PM

surprised We have 'Tobans in here too??..

Whats that?

That's what we call people from Manitoba here in Ontario....
I think maybe Maris a canuck spy !Otherwise how would she know these things ?shocked

I can't be a spy yet - I haven't finished tht class yet.