Community > Posts By > gardenlacy

gardenlacy's photo
Mon 01/11/10 07:24 PM
Dear Tribefan,
Thanks for your responses. I believe you were right on in both of your points.........especially the last one. First time I have been on here (this forum).....wondering if I really want to return.

gardenlacy's photo
Tue 04/28/09 07:01 PM
Edited by gardenlacy on Tue 04/28/09 07:03 PM
Dear mr041,
Exactly!! When one has consistancy in his/her actions, it speaks volumes!! I am certain your daughters have seen your actions. There was an intriguing radio show I heard a few years back. The speaker said that he "dated" his daughter. He called her up from work and asked her out on a date. He picked her up at home, opened all of the doors, assited with her coat & chair, was very attentive and engaged her in conversation. Then, he ended the date by dropping her off at the front door. He thought that by treating her with respect, like a valued lady, he would help them be aware of (& reject) inappropriate/inconsistent behaviour of guys who didn't respect her. I think it is an awesome plan of action. If the not only the fathers, but the uncles, grandfathers, godfathers, etc would do this, we'd have a different class of young women. I think they would have improved self-esteem and high enough expectations to not just settle for any male around, but ones with character, class and respect. Anyway....., keep up the great work! :smile: