Community > Posts By > TruGyrl

TruGyrl's photo
Wed 02/04/09 09:59 AM
I have been "hit on" not bad enought o leave a bruise just a slap across the back of my head or something to that degree. Because I didn't want to do what he wanted me to do. I was only with him for a short time and I was only 18. At the time it was happening I honestly didn't even notice it was going on. I look back now and think WOW why did I put up with that. After we broke up a female friend of mine beat the living daylights out of him and he will walk with a limp the rest of his life :smile:

That said for me it was more about being wanted and feeling unworthy of it. My dad died when I was young and I was just looking for a man in my life that would stay no matter what.(I know this now, not so much then). I still ended up marrying a man who was verbally and emotionally abusive. It got to the point that I didn't leave my house for an entire summer unless it was a HAVE TO... Eventually I got fed up grabbed my daughter and left him. Now we are friends we get along great. He doesn't pull that crap on me because he knows I won't take it and our daughter is happier than she has ever been in her life. I know I can count on him still where I can't other men in my life (i.e. my back is not so good right now and he came over and did some heavy lifting for me)He has realized how bad things got and is in therapy and such. I will say he NEVER hit me once.

Anyway that is my story and a way to kind of show even those that have been slightly abused can get over it and move on with their lives with love and patience.

happy

TruGyrl's photo
Wed 02/04/09 09:47 AM
Still single but getting closer to taken :smile:

TruGyrl's photo
Mon 02/02/09 12:39 PM
lol I'm guessing you're here lol

TruGyrl's photo
Mon 02/02/09 12:14 PM
100% Single, but meeting new ppl everyday :)