ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 02:51 PM

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 02:48 PM

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 02:33 PM

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 02:20 PM
You have left me no choice now, but to call law enforcement . . .

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 02:08 PM

Crystal ball sets unforeseen fire

By JOHN COLES

Published: Today

A WOMAN'S home has been wrecked by a freak fire sparked by the sun shining on a crystal ball on her window sill.

The £20 ornament refracted the rays straight into the back of Kim Yeates's TV which overheated and exploded, igniting a nearby sofa.

Kim, 53, who lived alone, was out visiting a friend and returned to find £10,000's worth of damage caused to her first-floor flat.

Firefighters blamed the 4in-diameter glass sphere she had kept in her window in Worle, Somerset.

The property is owned by a housing association and Kim, a former BBC production assistant, has been told it will take at least eight weeks to repair.

She has been forced into temporary accommodation in the meantime — but has lost most of her possessions for good because she had no insurance.

She said: "My life has been totally wrecked by this crystal ball. I've got no insurance and almost everything I owned was in the flat.

Rescue

"The fireman said that this is the first time he has ever heard of a crystal ball causing a fire in his 25 year career. He was just as surprised as me.

"I used to love looking at the crystal ball and watching the sunlight come through it but I wish I had never bought it now.

"I'm completely devastated."

Neighbour Neil Clarke, 28, discovered the fire and bravely climbed through a window to rescue Kim, thinking she was trapped inside.

When he discovered she was not there he turned off the gas taps and fled as firefighters arrived.

They got the blaze under control before finding the crystal ball, barely touched by the flames, lying under the window sill.

They later told Kim that the ornament, which she bought from an art gallery shop three years ago, was the cause of the fire.

She added: "I want to say a big thank you to Neil because he was very brave trying to rescue me.

"But I still can't sleep at night worrying about what would have happened if I'd been at home when the fire started."

A spokeswoman for Avon Fire and Rescue Service today confirmed the crystal ball was to blame for the fire.

She said: "The homeowner had a crystal ball on the window sill and direct sunlight refracted through it into her living room.

"It then set light to the television near the sofa and caused the fire we attended.

"We do have incidences of this nature but it's very uncommon for this to happen."

Source

I see your life really heating up in the near future.

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:57 PM
noway Tell me you didn't!!!! noway

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:55 PM

Thomas...if he would put some nail polish on those toes....it wouldn't look as bad

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl oops

You may be right. Do you suppose a little nail polish would help this guy?

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:48 PM
This guy wears flip-flops in NYC!!!

ill ill ill

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:45 PM

I'm sure you are wrong

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:25 PM

The flip-flop is the preferred summer shoe for many New Yorkers. But on city streets, the flimsy footwear can be deadly.

That film of grime that coats your feet at the end of a day of flopping around town is some dangerous dirt.

Lab tests of two reporters' flip-flops, worn for four days, revealed a potentially deadly germ - Staphylococcus aureus - lurking on the rubber.

If it seeps into a cut on your foot - an entirely common summer affliction - the bacteria can enter the bloodstream and, if left untreated, kill you.

"It can make you pretty sick if it got into a wound and into your blood, where it could attack any of your internal organs," says Dennis Kinney, Ph.D., the manager of the microbiology lab at EMSL Analytical. "If you didn't treat it with antibiotics, you could die from it."

Kinney's team at EMSL tested two pairs of flip-flops we wore throughout the city for four days each.

The sandals took a trip on the F, A, C, G, 2 and 3 trains, went on walks through Prospect Park, out to bars in the West Village, to a Cyclones baseball game in Coney Island and rode the Cyclone. Twice. They even waded through a murky public restroom at the Coney Island subway station.

The results? Pretty heinous.

The $3.50 flip-flops harbored approximately 18,100 bacteria of the five most prevalent varieties found. (Unsurprisingly, the pair that made the trip to Coney Island and stopped off in the public restroom had roughly 13,900 more bacteria.)

And that's what accumulated in just four days.

"If you wear shoes for three months, 93% have fecal bacteria and 20% have E. coli," says Dr. Charles P. Gerba, professor of microbiology at the University of Arizona.

While some of the bacteria found were common, non-disease-causing staphylococci, more dangerous offenders lurked underfoot.

Aerococcus viridans and Rothia mucilaginosa, bacteria that normally reside in the mouth, were present.

"It's not a good sign," says Kinney. "It means that people are spitting. If someone were sick and spitting on the ground, you could pick something up."

Not to mention the worst offender, Staph aureus. Worst-case scenario: It enters your bloodstream, goes untreated and you die. But even mere contact with the skin can yield nasty results.

"Staph aureus can be pretty dangerous," says Kinney. "This strain isn't methicillin-resistant (MRSA), but it is Staph aureus, and it can still cause infections - typically boils and skin infections."

Still not convinced, flip-flop lovers? Here's a compelling argument for putting on a pair of shoes:

"There's more bacteria in the city," says Dr. Philip M. Tierno Jr., the director of clinical microbiology and immunology at New York University's Langone Medical Center. "There's garbage and rat-doo. This city is strewn with rats, and rats are harbingers of all sorts of germs. The same is true with cockroaches. It is all potentially harmful."

Source

So NYC is a rat infested garbage polluted bacteria laden cesspool? I fail to see any news here. laugh

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:17 PM

say what? my pusseeeeeeeeeeeeeee does not download, but he plays with the printer...flowerforyou

noway Your pu$$y is a male? noway laugh

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:15 PM
You may be back, but you are still wrong in every point you make. pitchfork laugh

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 12:01 PM

AWWWW, Daw gone waskly wabbits!!!

I'w fix 'em!!!!

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:53 AM

so... m still in the dark... :angry:

plz... tell me wht the games abt...

It is a game of matching where no one is doing any matching. It used to be full service, but because of the economy, we couldn't afford the extra staff, so now it is self service only. LOL

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:45 AM

Hi everyone!

Hey baby! You in the mood for some paperwork? :wink: bigsmile

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:40 AM
Edited by ThomasJB on Tue 08/11/09 11:41 AM

For my Blue Eyes!!!

You are my number one!

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 11:38 AM

Hey Thomas! For you!!!

Thank you Baby! These are really cool!!

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 10:49 AM
Edited by ThomasJB on Tue 08/11/09 10:51 AM

She is/was infected with a rogue anti-virus. The way that rogue anti-virus's are programed there wouldn't be a conflict, though her anti-virus wouldn't pick it up as her anti-virus would more than likely be disabled. Her problem is that she ran system restore and now can't see her icons, virus shouldn't be a problem now since she is back at an earlier configuration on her PC.

Now the problem is if the restore corrupted her windows install, which is why explorer.exe and the task manager comes into play...that doesn't work, she has to reinstall windows.

System restore does not fix a virus problem. And a complete reinstall is not necessary to fix a corrupted explorer.exe either. Assuming virus is taken care of running the repair utility after booting from your windows disk, should fix that.

Restore is what I meant. It can fix a virus problem though, if done properly. Depends when the virus hit and the restore point, if the restore is before the virus...it gets rid of the virus. Although system restore tends to cause more problems, so I don't typically use it.

If you are talking about restoring to factory settings essentially doing a reinstall then yes it would work, but that is not necessary. There are several Live Linux distros that include an antivirus program. All you have to do after downloading and burning the image is restart your computer with the disc in the drive and enter a few (2 or 3) simple commands at the command prompt after it starts. Live Linux distros run completely from the CD drive and do need to be installed to the hard drive.

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 09:43 AM
Steal this!!!!!!

ThomasJB's photo
Tue 08/11/09 09:35 AM
:heart: love She tells me every morning and every night. love :heart:

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25