Community > Posts By > Kaiserina

Kaiserina's photo
Fri 03/02/12 11:15 PM
I went through RCIA in 1997 through 1999. It usually takes a year to become Catholic, but I was ill they took 2 years for me.

I was the ONLY person who was there because I wanted to be there. Every single other person was converting because they were married to a Catholic and the decided it was best for everyone that the family be of the same faith.

I felt very alone, but I was also completely at peace with my choice.

I have never regretted my decision, I love being Catholic. Nevertheless, the Faith I joined is so far different from what I have heard about that I some question if we are talking about the same faith.

When I discovered that the priest most involved with my journey to the Universal Church gave the $$$ he inherited to a Buddhist Monastery and he told me, "In the end, there is no difference between a good Catholic, or a good Buddhist, or a good Hindu." I was sold. This was a faith I could embrace with my whole heart.

No one had ever spoken to me like that before.

Later Father Tupper told me after I was upset over various things and guilt when he told me, "You know, Kirsten, God knows all you have done and all you will ever do, and yet He thought you were worth being nailed to a cross."

I have had many feelings in my life, but guilt is no longer there, at all. Maybe guilt is not the correct word. I think Toxic Shame is what I am really trying to describe. It is all gone. Guilt is actually a healthy feeling which leads us to reconciliation, whereas shame is an unnatural/sick emotion.

What I am trying to say is that for myself, becoming Catholic has been one of the best things I have ever done for my Mental Health outside of becoming gainfully employed, owning and driving a car, and living in my own apartment. Furthermore, I would argue that I was able to become employed, drive a car, and have my own place because I finally found a faith that I could accept and that accepted me exactly where I was.

Kaiserina's photo
Fri 03/02/12 10:48 PM
I'd say I'm searching for a person who has a higher IQ than myself and is humble enough not to be full of themselves about it.

Since my # 1 goal in life is to learn there can be no compromise about this.

On the other hand, I just love to exchange ideas and build concepts together with another.

A man's mind and his character is far more than important than how they look.

Nevertheless, I have always been drawn to men with dark hair and green eyes are so rare that I am compelled to stare into them.

Kaiserina's photo
Fri 03/02/12 10:35 PM
I have had experiences with both good and bad "things" and frankly it all freaks me out. It is hard enough to deal with the material world-going beyond is too much for me to handle.

Kaiserina's photo
Sat 01/17/09 08:36 PM
I am looking for someone who is understanding, intelligent, ethical, widely read, and fun loving. To me these seem like such reasonable requests, but I do not seem to be having any luck at all.

Kaiserina's photo
Mon 01/12/09 10:08 PM
Too bad about that elevator. I would like to go to the top right about now.

Kaiserina's photo
Mon 01/12/09 10:06 PM
Where do you live?

Kaiserina's photo
Mon 01/12/09 10:05 PM
Hello from the great Commonwealth of Virginia