Community > Posts By > Ettransplant

Ettransplant's photo
Tue 03/24/09 05:01 PM
Edited by Ettransplant on Tue 03/24/09 05:02 PM

Ettransplant's photo
Mon 03/23/09 12:18 PM
All I have to say is that both of my ex-husbands are currently married to my ex-friends! Apparently I have made some poor choices in friends...and husbandsgrumble

Ettransplant's photo
Mon 03/23/09 06:09 AM
Edited by Ettransplant on Mon 03/23/09 06:14 AM
The vaccine was developed to protect against the most common strains of HPV, know to cause cervical cancer. So far the evidence seems very promising, and no it is not 100%. If it doesn't work, what has she lost? If it does have lasting effects what has she gained?

Ettransplant's photo
Mon 03/23/09 05:56 AM
The follow up on the trials that have been done found that 100% of the women vaccinated were still immune after 5 years. Now I am not an expert on vaccinations per se, but the research that gets done only makes them better. There was a certain lot of measles vaccine that was found to diminish after 10 years..resulting in an outbreak in college kids a while back. It only reinforces my confidence in the CDC that they effectively follow these for YEARS...just my opinion.

Ettransplant's photo
Mon 03/23/09 05:33 AM
Edited by Ettransplant on Mon 03/23/09 05:46 AM
What negative things have you heard about the vaccination? As a health care professional, I am an advocate for vaccinations in general, as the adverse reactions have to be reported and followed up. I have a daughter and have had her immunized. Did you follow the Jane Goody story?