Community > Posts By > hamishwilson

hamishwilson's photo
Sun 06/22/14 09:27 AM
Edited by hamishwilson on Sun 06/22/14 09:33 AM
There comes a point where tailoring a profile would become dishonest to who I really am, and that is not a bridge I am willing to cross.

The pictures show me as I am, and the description reads as I am. For me that is enough - if most people would not be interested, that is fine as I would not have good time with them anyway. I am aware that most of what I wear ages me, but that is part of the reason why I like it. What I do for fun is not far off what is in the profile in some form or anther, depressing or not.

I appreciate that you all are trying to help, but I would rather strike out and be acknowledged for what I am than be placed in a position where I have to be someone I am not. It is a matter of honesty.

I hope I can find someone who can appreciate that as well as me, but if I do not, that would not really bother me too much as at least it means I would not need to operate under false pretenses with someone I could come to care about.

hamishwilson's photo
Sat 06/21/14 06:15 PM
Edited by hamishwilson on Sat 06/21/14 06:16 PM
Well, I have some new pictures up, for what it is worth. As I said, the last batch were simply what I had around at the time.

hamishwilson's photo
Fri 06/20/14 08:03 AM
Edited by hamishwilson on Fri 06/20/14 08:03 AM
First off, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I would like your comments on something which is has been happening to both me and my brother on this website, something which I find to be strange quite frankly.

I have now politely messaged quite a few people over the past two weeks but have not had a single response. That I can accept on the face of it. What I do find strange is that none of these people have even gone to the trouble of viewing my profile.

I can perfectly accept the idea of someone reading my message, taking a look at my profile, and then deciding that for whatever reason they are not interested in me. That is absolutely fine. But to be dismissed without even a glance seems strange to me.

I do know some of these people are online, sometimes repeatedly, so I really can't understand it.

hamishwilson's photo
Fri 06/20/14 01:52 AM
I would have assumed people in stealth mode would not report as being online either, but maybe I am under a misapprehension there.

As for your suggestions ThatGuinator, I am aware of the need for better pictures as these were just the ones I had handy. That being said, I will not lose the hat, as I have actually gotten several compliments for it in real life, and I think I am little young to worry about people thinking me bald.

I will also pass on your suggestion to revise my opening statement, as I feel it sums up my situation to well, and for anything to work with me that part does need to be understood.

As I said, I am perfectly content with the idea of the majority of people looking over my profile and not being interested in what they see, it was just the curious phenomenon that seemed to be happening of people not even looking that was bothering me.