Community > Posts By > vampyre666uk

vampyre666uk's photo
Fri 06/06/14 01:06 PM
After reading through all the posts, I think it is safe to say that it maybe more difficult to meet someone if you have children as it is finding time, then babysitters if needed, or there is the chance that your child may become ill so you have to cancel.
To me as a single mother I am worried about the men I could meet, you hear all types of horror stories and the last thing I would want to do is put my children in harms way.
I do not expect anything in regards to being a father, financial support etc for me or my children, despite my children's father being a complete deadbeat and has not bothered for years with them, so any future man has no worries about my ex husband becoming involved or always being there.
I think a lot of us single parents have very little time to ourselves and we do tend to let ourselves go a little some more than others and we are all guilty of that, then we lose our self esteem and confidence, then we become scared of meeting a new potential partner.
I think every single parent has "emotional baggage" as well as the obvious "baggage" I prefer to use the term children but many use the term "baggage" so there is a lot to consider.
Also a big thing which bothers me is that there are several types of single parent, some will straight away introduce / force their children on their new potential partner, to me this is wrong, as until you know someone why would you introduce them to your children. Then there are those which say they would love to meet your children after a few months but then cancel every date, but say it is them not you.
Then there are those who just go with the flow take their time, enjoy the adult companionship and maybe 6 months, 12 months or even a few years down the line they introduce their children to their new partner, to me this is the best way as then you know your new partner a little better and feel comfortable with them.
As for sex, well it is part of every relationship, exploring each other on a very intimate level, and yes sporadic is also enjoyable but obviously with children around it needs to be a little better arranged even for sporadic (the instigator needs to be a little more prepared), but again if you advertise sex by the way you dress or talk then you become a sex object and not as a person and I am not condoning that in any way but it is the same for both men and women, the way you show yourself to new person can give that person an insight as to what you are like as a person.
But at the end of the day you are a person as well as a parent so do not lose yourself just because you have children, find a little time for yourself even when they are asleep do something you want to do.

vampyre666uk's photo
Fri 06/06/14 12:23 PM
!

vampyre666uk's photo
Fri 06/06/14 12:21 PM
I agree with you I think society as a whole has become selfish they do not want to share any emotions or any part of their lives with others. That does not mean everybody is selfish just that people are becoming more selfish and self-centered.