Community > Posts By > MikeInTheCity73

MikeInTheCity73's photo
Tue 08/19/14 05:06 AM
I completely agree that compromise is an important part of the success of a relationship, but it does have to be from both sides.

There shouldn't be score keeping, just well reasoned, listened to opinions and a rational discussion to agree where you end up.

Sometimes, that compromise you make might make you feel negative, but a relationship like the vast majority of things has to be about the bigger picture.

A couple I knew, tried to make compromises by taking it in turns - it wasn't long before one side started manipulating the situation so that they would create a situation that they would make a very minor compromise on, knowing full well that there was a bigger issue to be dealt with.

I know it won't come as any surprise when I tell you that the couple are no longer together.

Talking is a one way thing, discussion is a two way thing where the focus from both sides needs to be to listen to the other sides opinion and think before responding.

MikeInTheCity73's photo
Tue 08/19/14 04:34 AM
It's an interesting topic.

I'd agree that we're all doomed if we a) can't look at each other and b) are waiting for the other person to make the first move.

Some men feel intimidated by women who makethe first move, others love it

Some men are frightened to make the first move, as the possibility of rejection is almost crippling, others takes in their stride and "chalk it up to experience"

Some men simply don't know how to make that move, or what to say - others find it comes naturally.

I'm new(again) to the the dating scene and in all honesty don't know where I stand on any of it. But on one thing I am cetain of, I love eye contact, no matter what the situation. I find there is so much to see from looking into the eyes of someoene -whether its a date or not.

Would it be safe to assume that all of the above statments could be applied equally to the 'fairer sex'?