Community > Posts By > SingingNurse87

SingingNurse87's photo
Thu 12/25/08 03:20 PM
Ronan Keating

SingingNurse87's photo
Thu 12/25/08 03:16 PM
Ha ha!
That's cute.

Mine is pretty simple. I use to sing, and am hoping to get back into it; I'll be a nurse one of these days, hopefully; and I was born in '87. :]

SingingNurse87's photo
Thu 12/25/08 02:54 PM
I love Christmas songs!

Some of my favorites are:
My Grown-Up Christmas List
Do You Hear What I Hear?
Believe
What Child is This?
Carol of the Bells
Where Are You Christmas?
I'll Be Home for Christmas

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. :]

SingingNurse87's photo
Thu 12/25/08 02:50 PM
"Swing Life Away" -Rise Against

SingingNurse87's photo
Thu 12/25/08 02:44 PM
"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
-Mahatma Ghandi

This is a quote I try to live by. I think it sends a great message, especially with all of the turmoil our world is experiencing these days.

SingingNurse87's photo
Thu 12/25/08 02:37 PM

So, if I said I lost my house this year, getting a divorce, my 16 yr old son passed away in car accident and I might not have a job after Jan. 1st, am I just whining? Am I butt hurt? Or am I just looking for a sypathetic ear to listen? Maybe I'm not being proactive.

Sorry, having a bad holiday...

Wow, I am so sorry. That is such a tough position to be in.
The best thing, in your case with so much going on, would be to talk about it with others.

I don't want to assume anything, but I believe the original poster was mainly referring to those who constantly complain about things but make no effort to change anything. Most of it tends to be petty things anyway.

I hope things start looking up for you. Take your time to deal with everything though. I'm sure there are many people here who will lend their support should you need it.

SingingNurse87's photo
Thu 12/25/08 02:19 PM

There are some people who will never exit the whining or venting stage. But for MOST folks, it is a cathartic experience which allows one to get it out of themselves and then they can deal and progress.

You said what I was thinking very eloquently. :]

I also wanted to say something about the karma thing, which may sound somewhat like a rant, but bad stuff happens to good people and that can be confusing. That's where the emotional catharsis comes in handy.

Although I know exactly where you're coming from. It's irksome when people complain to you and ask for help but discard any advice given to them. That's something I fail to understand. :/

SingingNurse87's photo
Thu 12/25/08 06:17 AM
So I'm assuming this is where the newbs make themselves known?

Well hello, and happy holidays everyone. :]

1 3 Next