Community > Posts By > luckylibra

luckylibra's photo
Fri 12/11/09 04:48 AM
Most christians are objecting specifically to embrionic stem cells being used claiming life starts at the embrionic stage if not earlier.Its a pro life position.Most of these christians will encourage cord blood research from the ambilical cord after delivery as these cells will be discarded anyway.The more conspiracy minded christians believe there is an agenda to cheapen life being perpetrated by the scientific and pro choice community.The agressive lobbying for tax payers money to fund the research empassions and emboldens the pro life community and it brings together fiscal and social conservatives.In reality ,That is in my opinion,the funding is a red herring being used by the pro lifers to try and strengthen their argument in a society that couldn't care less what the bible says.The end does not justify the means (bering false witness) and more importantly it doesn't fool anyone.It ruins their credability.

There has been progress in cord blood research while embrionic research is still largely theoretical due to unavailability of cells.
For thet reason its only a matter of time before cells are cloned and research begins.Then and only then comparative research can be done.

Its my opinion that as a christian myself christians would be wise to practice some humility and refrain from claiming self righteousness on this issue even if they can quote chapter and verse.This approach is obnoxious and proving unaffective.With thoughtfullness one can consider the value of having life more abundantly through healing as well as appreciating the miracle of life in its simplest form.

Thanks for letting me vent and when you get a chance be less like Ned Flanders and more like Jesus God Bless!!happy