Community > Posts By > europeaness

europeaness's photo
Thu 04/10/14 07:50 AM

helped you move to her country,

This part alone is just.......

Oh my gosh, she helped me move to her country... Really now? I was the one who left his home, friends, family... It's not like she did me a favor with that.

And as to all the other comments about how she fled and was scared and how I abused her and what not... I never said it was easy for her, but it's not like those are things that just happen. There were reasons, a sickness, a tumor... What happened to sticking such things through with the person you love? What happened to "together, we can master this"? If there wasn't any obvious reasoning for my mistakes, then yeah, leave as soon as you can pretty much, but in this case? After everything I gave up?

I paid for a house long before I was able to move, just to offer her a home. I worked my *** off in Austria to be able to pay for everything, I flew to America and back once a month, stayed there with her for a week, just to see her, and so on.

And y'all seriously say that she's the victim?

She definitely has some issues herself, she started that thing with her manager knowing that he's married, has a baby... Where are her morals?

europeaness's photo
Thu 04/10/14 03:34 AM
To all of you who think I abused her: I didn't. When I said psychotic break outs, I meant that I had moments of not being able to trust her, moments when I freaked out because of literally nothing, moments when I just grabbed her phone without her knowledge and went through her texts. And bad thing is this isn't the first time. I found out about lies and another guy who was secretly over at our house while we were still long distance...

So it's not like I kept abusing her.

europeaness's photo
Wed 04/09/14 07:12 PM
Long story short, dated a girl for over two years, moved to the US for her (I'm from Austria), had been long distance for over a year, then got married when I moved.

I had psychotic breakouts every now and then (mistrust, arguing for no reason, and so on), we had talked about those things but never why they could exist. She started getting closer to her new manager at her work, then said she needed a break. I went to a therapist, got diagnosed with severe anxiety due to things that happened to me in my childhood, she didn't care. Later on I got diagnosed with a brain tumor that had caused those psychotic breakouts, she didn't care though, only said she already made her decision.

That manager is married himself, has a six month old daughter. They're kinda dating now, she is all over him.

I'm okay now health wise. But I still can't understand it, she used to tell me how perfect I am and how I'm the love of her life, she kept telling me that up until a few days before she told me she needed a break (she spent that break hanging out with him after hours as much as possible).

I'm moving on and I'm not crying over it anymore, but I would really like to understand it. Shouldn't you be there for your partner through things like that? Even if it was rough at times, but something like a tumor should change things dramatically, shouldn't it? Or am I just too old fashioned to believe that couples work such things out together?